*TheSport78's updated MOCK draft*

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Round 2- S Louis Delmas: Western Michigan
I know there's a good possibility he won't be on the board when Dallas is on the clock. I would have no problem trading up for the man I believe will be the next Bob Sanders (without the injury concerns)

Round 3- ILB Dannell Ellerbe: Georgia
He's essentially the replacement for Burnett, with the hope he can eventually become the starter next to Bradie. Ellerbe excels in coverage and has great lateral movement which will be the determining factors in drafting him. We cannot depend on Barbie to back up Brooking so this is a safe pick.

Round 3 (Dallas trades their 4th and 5th round pick to move back into the 3rd round)- OT Phil Loadholt: Oklahoma
Hopefully he can be groomed to be Flozell's or Colombo's replacement and provide solid depth for the time being. We saw what happened when a GUARD went down for the majority of the season, Dallas has no depth on the offensive line and need to draft 2 or 3 linemen in this draft to knock out weak players like McQuistan, Proctor and Free.

Round 4- OLB Jason Williams: Western Illinois
I'm almost positive Ellis is going to get traded or released. Even if we don't get rid of Ellis, the depth behind Ware is extremely thin (Justin Rogers?). Williams is shooting up draft boards with his impressive pro day so we better snatch him up if he's available in the 4th. Plus, you can't have enough pass rushers.

Round 5- DT Ricky Jean-Francis: LSU
There's no proven depth behind Ratliff and DE isn't that much of a priority with the Igor signing. This guy is a space eater and will compliment Ratliff nicely because Jay definitely wore down at the end of the year because Tank was stinking up the joint.

Round 5- CB Brandon Underwood: Cincinnati
A big, physical corner who kind of reminds me of Anthony Henry (without the nagging injuries). Underwood is known for a solid special teams player as well. With Alan Ball moving to safety, the only corners definite with making the roster are Newman, Jenkins, and Scandrick. Underwood would be solid depth.

Round 6- OG Jaime Thomas: Maryland
More offensive line depth and it's been documented that the Boys have interest in him. Bye bye Mcquistan!

Round 6- WR Demetrius Byrd: LSU
He's begun to show some promise at his pro day so we may have to draft him earlier than expected. Dallas also spoke with him in the recent past.

Round 7- TE John Phillips: Virginia
Tony Curtis wasn't tendered so Rodney Hannah is the only depth behind Witten and Marty B. The Cowboys have interest in him as well.

Round 7- QB Graham Harrell: Texas Tech
Here's the developmental QB for the Boys who will need a lot of grooming to
eventually be a solid backup.

Thoughts?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I like most of your picks and the values you selected them at.

I'd rather another QB instead of Graham and I am a Tech homer. I'd also avoid Loadholt who I think is too stiff to play in this league. Loadholt was just abused in pass rush drills at the combine.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
jterrell;2698685 said:
I like most of your picks and the values you selected them at.

I'd rather another QB instead of Graham and I am a Tech homer. I'd also avoid Loadholt who I think is too stiff to play in this league. Loadholt was just abused in pass rush drills at the combine.

I agree with the fact that Loadholt has a long way to go, but he did play against tough competition in college, and hopefully Hudson Houck can actually earn his paycheck this year by developing our young, offensive linemen! Loadholt could be the "swing guy" this year, backing up Flozell and Colombo, and at the same time knocking out McQuistan because he's had more than enough time to develop.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
We like the same players. Great mock.

Phil Loadholt
Dannell Ellerbe
Jason Williams
Ricky Jean-Francois
Jamie Thomas
Demetrius Byrd

I really like all those guys. Jamie Thomas is a guy I really like at guard.

I don't like Delmas at 51, but you had 6 guys that I really like.