They have zero incentive to change how they operate

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Once GB starting pulling away I was rooting for an embarrassing loss for change to happen. And..... nothing happened. Don't underestimate these clowns, they can go 0-17 and still try to sell us how great they are rather than change.

Lol, they have already done it.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't really care about wasting a season here and there, but Stephen won't care about wasting EVERY season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
here's Stephen Jones going ALL IN to find Dallas some free agents!!

KUGeWbl.jpg
Do you think he found anything. Maybe some new artwork for his mom. :lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
The GM is the owner. So that immediately creates a problem. The owner is too stubborn and arrogant to fire himself.

The other issue that they win just enough to convince themselves that how they operate and how they do things is good enough and that's just a bounce here or a bounce there that has held us back. They see last year and see a division winner who just got a bad break facing a hot GB team. They don't see it as a failure or an indictment of how they do things. They actually see last year and it makes them think they are doing it right.

Jerry knows the fanbase was angry so what he does is just tell them what we want to hear but then actually just do the same stupid stuff over and over. Real "accountability" would have been firing coaches. Real "all in" would be creating a bunch of cap space and trying to be the best one can be in the window of the next 2-3 seasons.

The only way Jerry/Stephen might change is a run of 2-3 years where the wheels just fall off. But they win the division enough, they win just enough games for Jerry to think what he's doing works and that he's just had a run of bad luck.

And we, as fans, get to suffer because he's just an arrogant old fool.
If you told Jerry the truth, that this team is only built to beat the hades out of mediocre/bad teams during the regular season, he would have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Beating these subpar teams badly is what skews the numbers, making us look as though we are a juggernaut on O and w/ a very solid D. And it's not the truth. This D is easily plowed over by the right combo on the opposing O, and our O is easily stymied by the right pieces on the opposing D. Dammmmm, I'd love to hear Jerry's answer if some reporter had the nads to ask that question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't worry, the wheels are about to fall off.
We are going to lose several key players and will only dumpster dive in free agency for fringe back ups.
We will have less talent next season, while all our rivals are improving.
If not this year, the next. And that's whether we extend Dak or not.

kskboys

Reaction score
You've never met the man and you're wishing him dead. You can't make this stuff up.

Overreact much? :facepalm:
You mean a guy buys a team and for 28 years refuses to make the moves to become super bowl contenders? You can't make this stuff up.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can’t blame Jerry we sit here and support this team and we all have the right to change fandom and we don’t. We sit here year in and out and do the same exact thing just like him.
Maybe you do, but I do not have the choice to change fandom. I am not built that way.

kskboys

Reaction score
They say they are all in or want to win but we see what their actions are. They felt things slip and signed Cooper years ago to turn things around. 2 years ago their big addition to fix the Middle of the DL that was extremely pourus was to sign a super cheap hankins. I like hankins an all but it's not like they tried to get a chris jones or someone who could really make a huge impact in an area of need to make a deep playoff run. Instead what they do is say the team is good enough, let's stand pat and hope we get really really lucky.
To get that difference maker in FA, we'd have to stop paying our own huge contracts. The Diggs/Parsons/Lamb contracts are the next round that will keep us from contention.

kskboys

Reaction score
You gotta remember what their goal is. it's not to win a SB, they gave up on that. Their goal is to make the playoffs. This is why if the team is doing well they opt not to make any trades at the deadline, they like good enough.
Takes mental fortitude to make wise trades. We don't have that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe you do, but I do not have the choice to change fandom. I am not built that way.
I’m a person who doesn’t like being toyed around. I put my mental first.

No one should let this team affect their mental health. They’ve shown not to care for you so why such loyalty? I was born into this. Never asked for it. But I’m coming to the end of my fandom. I’d rather root for no one then root for this ownership.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is a reactionary team that only acts to make the team look decent enough to boost ticket sales. Winning a superbowl is not on the agenda. Once those merch and ticket sales start slipping, then magically there will be some kind of move like a singular big trade like what landed us Amari... it will be enough to win us extra games in the regular season, but the playoffs expose all flaws and just bringing a single player into a team not constructed to be tough enough for playoff success will just lead to what we've seen over and over the past decades.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Make no mistake....they have found the formula to keep the Cowboys relevant. And that's all that matters to them and the NFL. As long as they are competitive...nothing will change. The NFL loves to sell the brand for ratings....And Jerry rakes in the money.
Why would they change???? :popcorn:

jujoboys

Reaction score
that is why i am rooting for 0-17

it will take some thing big like that to make dumb and dumber i mean stephen and jerry to change
No, they would lay all of the blame at McCarthy's feet and continue running things as they have. When you have a GM (Jerry) that has zero accountability and zero threat of being fired then there is no reason to expect things to change. The sad thing is that the last 3 years have kind of been the Cowboys' golden years of the last 3 decades. We are the best we have been in a while and these nut jobs in the front office won't gamble to try and get a few players that may actually get us over the hump.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m a person who doesn’t like being toyed around. I put my mental first.

No one should let this team affect their mental health. They’ve shown not to care for you so why such loyalty? I was born into this. Never asked for it. But I’m coming to the end of my fandom. I’d rather root for no one then root for this ownership.
Just natural, I guess. I'm excessively loyal to family, friends, my wife, just the way I am.

Mental health: Doesn't affect me that way. I've been laughing at the extreme ineptitude of the Jones family for a while now. I still watch every game, but now I simply laugh when we lose due to the issues that were blatantly apparent and not addressed. That's how I handle it, I laugh at it.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, they would lay all of the blame at McCarthy's feet and continue running things as they have. When you have a GM (Jerry) that has zero accountability and zero threat of being fired then there is no reason to expect things to change. The sad thing is that the last 3 years have kind of been the Cowboys' golden years of the last 3 decades. We are the best we have been in a while and these nut jobs in the front office won't gamble to try and get a few players that may actually get us over the hump.
Gamble? Hades, they won't even fill in the weak spots at LB, DT, and OL. And RB. Anyone w/ a brain could've told you that Polly was/is simply not a bell cow back, and that Dowdly is a JAG. All they have to do is sign one decent power runner, just one. And then, the only chain moving RB on the roster was Luepke, and we refused to use him.

There is absolutely no sense to be made out of this clusterfudge. We drafted a NT, and had him lose weight so he could play UT(3tech). I mean, you cannot make this stuff up!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
This is a reactionary team that only acts to make the team look decent enough to boost ticket sales. Winning a superbowl is not on the agenda. Once those merch and ticket sales start slipping, then magically there will be some kind of move like a singular big trade like what landed us Amari... it will be enough to win us extra games in the regular season, but the playoffs expose all flaws and just bringing a single player into a team not constructed to be tough enough for playoff success will just lead to what we've seen over and over the past decades.
And then add in the fact that the FO is very poor at player evaluation, but insists on making decisions.