They have zero incentive to change how they operate

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Supporting this team from home is no better. The fact we even discuss Cowboys benefits Jerry.
Jerry is all about money. Us in here talking about Dallas makes no money for Jerry-I'd bet. Point being mute. Fans will Never stick together enough to make a difference. So, basically, you're on your own. I'll start with myself. No games! No merchandise! Hopefully others will follow. At least I'll know Jerry didn't get one penny from me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry is all about money. Us in here talking about Dallas makes no money for Jerry-I'd bet. Point being mute. Fans will Never stick together enough to make a difference. So, basically, you're on your own. I'll start with myself. No games! No merchandise. Hopefully others will follow.
Discussion generates money.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The GM is the owner. So that immediately creates a problem. The owner is too stubborn and arrogant to fire himself.

The other issue that they win just enough to convince themselves that how they operate and how they do things is good enough and that's just a bounce here or a bounce there that has held us back. They see last year and see a division winner who just got a bad break facing a hot GB team. They don't see it as a failure or an indictment of how they do things. They actually see last year and it makes them think they are doing it right.

Jerry knows the fanbase was angry so what he does is just tell them what we want to hear but then actually just do the same stupid stuff over and over. Real "accountability" would have been firing coaches. Real "all in" would be creating a bunch of cap space and trying to be the best one can be in the window of the next 2-3 seasons.

The only way Jerry/Stephen might change is a run of 2-3 years where the wheels just fall off. But they win the division enough, they win just enough games for Jerry to think what he's doing works and that he's just had a run of bad luck.

And we, as fans, get to suffer because he's just an arrogant old fool.
I wish cowboy fans would act more like eagles fans and hold the fo accountable. Year after year of bs. This is sickening.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We should have done this at the end of Garret's tenure. This dude got 10 years here...and he is COMPLETLEY out of coaching. Outside of the rift with Jimmy...staying in bed with Garret as long as we did was the second biggest mistake the Jones have made. The 3rd appears to be (if they give Dak a 4 year extension) staying in bed to long with Dak.

I am NOT a Dak hater. I just think what he needs around him to win.... this front office is incapable of providing. Should you expect your franchise QB making 50m a year to win a playoff game for you? Yes! But since he cannot...either surround him with what he needs to win....or move on!
Most Cowboys fans know Dak’s the least of our problems. The problem is the first family of Dallas. They only see money in their pockets and fans need to take that away.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
28 years of Losing-8-8 and no Divisioinal Playoffs. Yet ticket prices soar every year. And Ya'll still buying them....Should be a rule in the NFL. 30 years without a Super Bowl appearnce. Owner has to sell the team.... Bet a lot more teams would have a trophy by now.

Majic

Reaction score
The GM is the owner. So that immediately creates a problem. The owner is too stubborn and arrogant to fire himself.

The other issue that they win just enough to convince themselves that how they operate and how they do things is good enough and that's just a bounce here or a bounce there that has held us back. They see last year and see a division winner who just got a bad break facing a hot GB team. They don't see it as a failure or an indictment of how they do things. They actually see last year and it makes them think they are doing it right.

Jerry knows the fanbase was angry so what he does is just tell them what we want to hear but then actually just do the same stupid stuff over and over. Real "accountability" would have been firing coaches. Real "all in" would be creating a bunch of cap space and trying to be the best one can be in the window of the next 2-3 seasons.

The only way Jerry/Stephen might change is a run of 2-3 years where the wheels just fall off. But they win the division enough, they win just enough games for Jerry to think what he's doing works and that he's just had a run of bad luck.

They are not bothered about winning a SB. End of.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish cowboy fans would act more like eagles fans and hold the fo accountable. Year after year of bs. This is sickening.
No fan of any team can hold the FO accountable. They can’t make them change. With most tickets are held by season ticket holder tied to PSL’s. The stadiums will always be full. Once those PSL’s expire then it may be different. If they choose to give up on them.

Fans are not going to give up on their investment. Someone will always buy a ticket.
And no, they will not be all opponents fans. The PSL’s are supposed to be good for 30 years. There are what, 15 years left.

Cowboys fans should be Cowboys fans as frustrating as it can be. Venting yes, but some of the stuff said is ridiculous but at times entertaining for those fans that don’t lose sleep over any decisions they can’t control.

Hadenough

Reaction score
that is why i am rooting for 0-17

it will take some thing big like that to make dumb and dumber i mean stephen and jerry to change
If the Cowboys went 0-17 and the number one pick in the draft those idiots would probably take a LT instead of getting pedigree at QB.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
No fan of any team can hold the FO accountable. They can’t make them change. With most tickets are held by season ticket holder tied to PSL’s. The stadiums will always be full. Once those PSL’s expire then it may be different. If they choose to give up on them.

Fans are not going to give up on their investment. Someone will always buy a ticket.
And no, they will not be all opponents fans. The PSL’s are supposed to be good for 30 years. There are what, 15 years left.

Cowboys fans should be Cowboys fans as frustrating as it can be. Venting yes, but some of the stuff said is ridiculous but at times entertaining for those fans that don’t lose sleep over any decisions they can’t control.
So we are in purgatory for how many more decades?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we are in purgatory for how many more decades?
Too many. It will take a collapse of the team on the field for change. It will not come from the fans not going to games.

Unless people outside of the season ticket holders don’t buy. And that is not going to happen. As I said the team will be having multiple 4 or 5 win seasons and will be rebuilt before.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

The issue isn't Jerry, it's Stephen. Since he took over the day to day, team does zero in fa. They need a hard line coach to tell him and the rest of the organization that just building through the draft isn't good enough. Problem is, they don't want a strong voice telling them what to do. Staying relevant seems ok with them as long as they are making the money.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
here's Stephen Jones going ALL IN to find Dallas some free agents!!

KUGeWbl.jpg

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Too many. It will take a collapse of the team on the field for change. It will not come from the fans not going to games.

Unless people outside of the season ticket holders don’t buy. And that is not going to happen. As I said the team will be having multiple 4 or 5 win seasons and will be rebuilt before.
I almost wish we we’re trading everyone and going into tank mode.