They really had little choice at QB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This wasn't a case of player greed or the owner cratering, it was just a simple fact that the QB had all the leverage, as the owner stated.

The QB is THE position in Dallas but even more so with how the owner has built his team. There were 6 1st round picks on the offense when Yosemite was there and Collins would have been and two 1st round WR's on this last one.

And a 4th round QB making it all run. The most important piece, the lowest pick of them all.

What do you think they could have done? Trade away the future for Wilson? Take a chance on a rookie QB, the highest risk position in the draft?

Dak Prescott had the leverage because he created it and not at the negotiating table. He beat the odds becoming the DC QB1 as a 4th round, 3rd choice, QB. He blossomed as a rookie and began to gather fans immediately. His style of play, no quit, and his leadership adding even more fans. Then he has the audacity to get injured on the tag, the horror of all horrors for the tag, and carted off the field in front of however many home fans were there. He certainly didn't lose any fans when they saw him dejectedly sitting on that cart as his teammates swarmed around him.

Half the Cowboys offense is 1st round picks and the GM is a follow the ball GM because he's about the entertainment value first and I cannot say that is wrong, that's what built his business to be valued at 5.7B and that's what the fans flock to see.

This is one I will not fault them on because I do not feel that had any choice but to pay whatever necessary to keep the band together and the fan's favorite in front of the fans.

Do any of us really think Booger could even consider seeing his find in the 4th round in any other team's uniform? That is a pill he was never going to swallow.

Be angry, be sad but believe they really never had a choice as long as he could play.

They didnt have a choice, but its an obvious 100% move. Any franchise in the same situation resigns Dak. Not even debatable.