Thick of the playoffs mock

VACowboy

Reaction score
I sure hope we shore up the OL this coming offseason. Romo makes his current protectors look a lot better than they are. As well, I believe that the NFL has become a passing league; you can never have too many weapons, too much pass rush or enough DBs.

1) Mike Iupati (G) - 6'5", 330 - Idaho
Huge, powerful, athletic freak of a mauler. I also like Anthony Davis in this spot, but Iupati looks like a special player to me. Larry Allen, anyone?

2) Damien Williams (WR) - 6'1", 190 - USC
He's pretty big and well-built, quicker than he is fast, polished and NFL-ready. He runs superb routes, creates separation and catches the ball when it's thrown his way. Reminds me a little of Carolina's Steve Smith.

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB/S) - 6'1", 195 - Indiana (PA)
Small school All-American with great size and speed to burn. Had 8 INTs and 10 PBUs as a junior, 2 and 4 as a senior. Superb in press man-coverage, with prototypical size, great footwork, closing speed and ball skills. Also thrives in zone schemes as a route-baiting ballhawk. Extremely versatile, playing safety and corner interchangably during his college career, as well as being an explosive kick and punt returner. His only down side is level of competition.

4) Tony Washington (OT) - 6'7", 305 - Abilene Christian
Prototypical left tackle size and athleticism with great feet. He'll be a little bit of a project, but he possesses tremendous skill.

6) James Ruffin (OLB) - 6'4", 264 - Northern Iowa
He started three of his five years as a college football player, redshirting in 2005, member of the Gateway All-Newcomer squad in 2006, first team All-Gateway in 2007, first team All-Missouri Valley and AP FCS All-American in 2009. Won back to back conference Defensive Player of the Year in '08 and '09. Lead the conference this past season with 10.5 sacks. Was a two-year starter in basketball.

7) Erik Cook (C) - 6'6", 318 - New Mexico
Monster center in the Andre Gurode mold.

I also like center J.D. Walton and DE/OLB Brandon Sharpe.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would be THRILLED with that draft. Not too sure about 4th and 6th round picks but really like every other pick. Good mock.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3202450 said:
I would be THRILLED with that draft. Not too sure about 4th and 6th round picks but really like every other pick. Good mock.

I agree and also Brandon Sharpe was mentioned and I'm a big fan of his. Mix him into that mock and it's over the top.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3202450 said:

Same here. This would be a very good draft for us. good job.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
4 pick change to

OT Jared Veldheer Hillsdale Height: 6-8 Weight: 325
Projected 40: Time 4.88

DT

Jay Ross, East Carolina
Height: 6-3. Weight: 314.
Projected 40 Time: 5.14.
Projected Round (2009): 3-4

ghst187

Reaction score
VACowboy;3202143 said:
I sure hope we shore up the OL this coming offseason. Romo makes his current protectors look a lot better than they are. As well, I believe that the NFL has become a passing league; you can never have too many weapons, too much pass rush or enough DBs.

1) Mike Iupati (G) - 6'5", 330 - Idaho
Huge, powerful, athletic freak of a mauler. I also like Anthony Davis in this spot, but Iupati looks like a special player to me. Larry Allen, anyone?

2) Damien Williams (WR) - 6'1", 190 - USC
He's pretty big and well-built, quicker than he is fast, polished and NFL-ready. He runs superb routes, creates separation and catches the ball when it's thrown his way. Reminds me a little of Carolina's Steve Smith.

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB/S) - 6'1", 195 - Indiana (PA)
Small school All-American with great size and speed to burn. Had 8 INTs and 10 PBUs as a junior, 2 and 4 as a senior. Superb in press man-coverage, with prototypical size, great footwork, closing speed and ball skills. Also thrives in zone schemes as a route-baiting ballhawk. Extremely versatile, playing safety and corner interchangably during his college career, as well as being an explosive kick and punt returner. His only down side is level of competition.

4) Tony Washington (OT) - 6'7", 305 - Abilene Christian
Prototypical left tackle size and athleticism with great feet. He'll be a little bit of a project, but he possesses tremendous skill.

6) James Ruffin (OLB) - 6'4", 264 - Northern Iowa
He started three of his five years as a college football player, redshirting in 2005, member of the Gateway All-Newcomer squad in 2006, first team All-Gateway in 2007, first team All-Missouri Valley and AP FCS All-American in 2009. Won back to back conference Defensive Player of the Year in '08 and '09. Lead the conference this past season with 10.5 sacks. Was a two-year starter in basketball.

7) Erik Cook (C) - 6'6", 318 - New Mexico
Monster center in the Andre Gurode mold.

I also like center J.D. Walton and DE/OLB Brandon Sharpe.

Love the first two picks, like Micah Johnson, Daryl Washington, and Sharper in the third round and beyond....also Denario Alexander on day 2

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
ghst187;3203669 said:
Love the first two picks, like Micah Johnson, Daryl Washington, and Sharper in the third round and beyond....also Denario Alexander on day 2

I liked Micah Johnson but I watched him in couple of games - the boy i slower than Bradie James - unless he is hurt

saw Washington play against Boise he showed me nothing

I really like the heart of

Pat Angerer, Iowa
Height: 6-1. Weight: 233.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.