Things are looking better for ST.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Cases get delayed all of the time and happen quite frequently, especially if there are a lot of charges being brought forth like they are in this case.

Plus, even if they do find "unethical behavior" on the part of the prosecutor, it doesn't mean they will be granted a dismissal since they haven't even gone to court yet. They could always find another prosecutor.

I think Taylor will not go to jail, but I'd hardly be too excited about this if I was rooting for him.

Rich..........

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
hooskins said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2406407

also check out this interview, its gives more details about the assistant prosecutor, that may bring this case to an end.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152349
(i got this link from my forum thewarpath.net, so i still stick by the fact i am not a member at ES and i hate their stinking guts)
please delete if this is a repost

Just look at you, son, desperately hoping that Sean never has to go to trial... for all you guys' woofing about what a "weak case" the prosecution supposedly has, you sure do seem eager to have Sean avoid having to prove his innocence...

This is obviously because you fear that he's not innocent at all... but you don't care, you want your precious football player...

And you guys have the cojones to sneer at the ethics of the prosecutor?? Before you have the moral standing to do that, you need to get some of your own...

silverbear

Reaction score
"The desire to smear a prosecutor and affect a potential jury pool is a reprehensible trial tactic," the statement added.

This quote, from the State's Attorney (Grieco was the ASSISTANT State's Attorney), nail's the defense's tactic quite succinctly... Taylor has a slimeball defending him, but this little ploy won't work either...

After being told of Grieco's departure from the case, Sharpstein said: "Now we look forward to a fair and impartial prosecutor looking at this matter and doing the right thing, which is to dismiss this case."

More evidence of the sleaziness of Taylor's lawyer; Grieco only prosecuted this case after the State's Attorney signed off on doing so, and it will be that same State's Attorney who will be appointing Grieco's replacement... obviously, it is highly unlikely that his office will drop the charges... Sharpstein knows that, of course, he's just trying to argue this case in the press...

So you're essentially here because you're happy that a slimy lawyer managed to pull a slimy stunt, and coerce the prosecuting attorney in charge of the case to step out...

Which makes you about as honorable as that punk Taylor is...

silverbear

Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
even if he does go to trial... he will be cleared... you know that too.

Maybe, maybe not... you still don't know what evidence the prosecution intends to offer... perhaps they have INNOCENT BYSTANDERS, folks with no criminal record whatsoever, and no axe to grind in this, ready to testify... perhaps they have one of the guys who were with Sean at the time, ready to testify AGAINST him (either because they have a conscience and a sense of civic duty, or because they're facing prosecution on other charges, and cooperating with the State for consideration on those charges)...

Either one would be rather damaging to Sean's chances, wouldn't you say?? Mind you, I'm not saying they DO have anything more than the testimony of the alleged victims, I'm merely pointing that it's POSSIBLE, and that YOU don't really know what evidence is to be presented at trial...

Even if you're right, and Sean ultimately beats the charges, that's a bit different from what you've been arguing here, isn't it?? Seems to me that you're arguing that the charges are now bound to be dropped...

Could it be that common sense has FINALLY started to sink into that thick skull of yours, that you now realize how completely idiotic it was of you to think that what happened today would result in a dismissal of the charges against Sean??

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Probably... but that's a bit different from what you've been arguing here, isn't it??

Could it be that common sense has FINALLY started to sink into that thick skull of yours, that you now realize how completely idiotic it was of you to think that what happened today would result in a dismissal of the charges against Sean??

Now i never said that the charges would be dismissed... or atleast i dont think i did.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Maybe, maybe not... you still don't know what evidence the prosecution intends to offer... perhaps they have INNOCENT BYSTANDERS, folks with no criminal record whatsoever, and no axe to grind in this, ready to testify... perhaps they have one of the guys who were with Sean at the time, ready to testify AGAINST him (either because they have a conscience and a sense of civic duty, or because they're facing prosecution on other charges, and cooperating with the State for consideration on those charges)...

Either one would be rather damaging to Sean's chances, wouldn't you say?? Mind you, I'm not saying they DO have anything more than the testimony of the alleged victims, I'm merely pointing that it's POSSIBLE, and that YOU don't really know what evidence is to be presented at trial...

Even if you're right, and Sean ultimately beats the charges, that's a bit different from what you've been arguing here, isn't it?? Seems to me that you're arguing that the charges are now bound to be dropped...

If the prosecution had eye-witnesses to the alleged crime, then they would have never offered Sean a plea deal with NO JAIL TIME.

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
If the prosecution had eye-witnesses to the alleged crime, then they would have never offered Sean a plea deal with NO JAIL TIME.

This is likely true, I threw that out there as an example... doesn't change my basic point, that neither you nor I nor ANYBODY outside of the State's Attorney's office doesn't really know WHAT case the state does or doesn't have...