1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Things changed last night for Cowboys fans

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

46,886 Messages
    29,019 Likes Received
    We were 6-0 against our division. 6-6 outside with only 1 win against a team with 10 wins.

2. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

11,828 Messages
    13,623 Likes Received
    in 2006 and 2007 yes. There’s no disputing that. After that yes it’s been way overrated.

3. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

4,784 Messages
    9,375 Likes Received
    My post was hypothetical. Not that I think it would ever happen.

Diehardblues likes this.
  4. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

4,492 Messages
    2,874 Likes Received
    Coop is being used as a decoy for Wilson. We don't scheme to get him the ball we scheme to get him to occupy defenders.

5. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

24,795 Messages
    18,664 Likes Received
    Tank’s contract is an extreme albatross. He has always feasted against weak talent and then disappears when he plays against legitimate offensive linemen. He’s a middling defender eating up nearly 10 percent of the cap of this team.

I don’t know how the team can, or should justify keeping Tank at the same cap number. He’s not a top 20 player at his position.

Tyron’s cap number is pretty good actually for a starting left OT. But his availability sucks. Even when he is healthy enough to play he his mostly compromised. I doubt he played 4 reasonably healthy games this year. When he’s healthy he is a pretty good player but he was a below average starter the second half of the season. If you are going to play Tyron, and expect him to play well in the playoffs you are pretty much going to have to sit him on the bench and let him smoke cigarettes on the bench until the playoffs arrive.

Amari may be the biggest enigma of them all. I could see him being a top 5 receiver every year on the right team. I could also see Amari melting into obscurity when the game is on the line and the team needs him on the road. He’s a good guy, but there is a reason that the Raiders were willing to part with him and I think you are starting to see why.

6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,408 Messages
    75,365 Likes Received

Coop was very vocal this past month and you can tell by his body language he isn’t happy.

Haimerej likes this.
  7. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet......

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    9,966 Messages
    7,454 Likes Received
    We had the talent to win we just weren't prepared to win.

8. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

4,784 Messages
    9,375 Likes Received
    Yeah other than Jarwin, I’d say Cooper is the most likely player to be cut. He’s done with this team.

9. Redsfan_83

Redsfan_83 Well-Known Member

2,198 Messages
    1,729 Likes Received
    more Dak for sure...Coop is a low key guy and I get it. Problem is we need some emotion on this team, on the offense and he isn't the one that can be expected to bring it. Deebo can win a game doing 3 things extraordinaritly well, Coop can do just 1. Sadly, our version of Deebo is Cedrick, and he will likely be gone.

10. dlobell

dlobell Member

73 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Yes, because they actually use him in the offensive plan. Much the opposite for us not using Pollard.
    That falls straight on coaching.

11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,408 Messages
    75,365 Likes Received
    I mean he scored a TD yesterday but he also had to be in a mile of space to get the ball.

12. pitt33

pitt33 Well-Known Member

3,255 Messages
    3,825 Likes Received
    I also picked the niners to win. Posted it on this site. Picked the Chiefs to beat them as well. Anyone who looks objectively at the product on the field can tell what’s out there.

This team is still quite a ways off.

CowboysLegends2 likes this.
  13. willia451

willia451 Well-Known Member

3,216 Messages
    3,419 Likes Received
    It's not lack of talent per se. It's the weak culture as Jake put it so succinctly. That's why the Cowboys always lose in big games. SF came into AT&T and punched the Cowboys square in the mouth and the Cowboys had no real answer for that.

Bill Parcells tried to change the culture. He always talked about getting players that were mentally tough. But he was ultimately undermined by Jerry and left.

After Wade and Garrett, I was hoping MM would come in and change it.

Obviously we're still waiting.

14. CoachD

CoachD Well-Known Member

1,704 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Yes they did but the formula has always been beat the teams you're supposed to beat and the Cowboys did that and go .500 against the better teams and the Cowboys didn't.

15. BobSacamano

BobSacamano Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    1,543 Likes Received
    I think having talent everywhere can be a detriment without some kind of strong adhesive. A lot of freelancing ensues; Randy jumping offsides because he’s keyed up to get into the backfield to make a play, Ceedee freelancing in his routes, Diggs constantly peeking into the backfield in hopes of jumping a route etc.

Something needs to be able to reign these guys in and the Cowboys just don’t possess it.

16. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

8,157 Messages
    8,451 Likes Received
    I heard this after 2009, I heard this after 2012, after 2016, after 2018 when they gave Garrett yet another chance, and now again.

After FA, after the draft, that first “Super Bowl Bound?!” post will appear here and everyone will come back.

17. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    61,559 Messages
    72,001 Likes Received
    They, once again, filled a team of mediocre talent. On defense all these mid tier players that had some success came in. Quinn did a great job. This defense had no where to go but up from the 2020 season. I applaud him and the team for that. However, they were still bad mostly, with turnovers covering up a lot of the normal problems.

Top players disappear at important times, like DLaw. Even Gregory fell apart at the end. Micah is the only bright spot, along with Diggs. Maybe Joseph will show something next season as well.
    The OL is a shell of itself. And RB's, well injures and a bad OL, so hard to judge. Though many want to dump on Zeke and pump up Pollard. Pollard was. not better than Zeke overall.

Dak proved to be what he is, and above average QB that can be very good IF all goes right otherwise. He can't carry the team, not regularly anyway.
    All of a sudden out trio of WR's can't get open, or downfield. Well the downfield is on that idiot Kellen Moore. Never does that, or rarely. No slants either. No rollouts as he stopped those that worked.

Not being fooled into...this year we got it together...not again.

18. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

4,592 Messages
    6,071 Likes Received
    Post of the century.

19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

14,104 Messages
    11,096 Likes Received
    The WRs was clearly wide open throughout the game, but Dak didn’t see them. He is horrible at reading defenses and knowing where the open man will be.

20. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    4,535 Likes Received
    That is true.