Things I saw or heard on bye week

dirt

Reaction score
I love the Sunday Ticket!! It was nice with no Cowboy game to be able to just scroll up and down the dial and watch what was going on. A few things struck me.
1. I have serious envy for the Pittsburgh defense, especially the secondary. Poloamoau(sp) is an absolute beast and is what Roy Williams should have been. The rest of their secondary are not household names but they cover and hit
2. The Colts window of opportunity for more Super Bowls is closing fast
3.Green Bay and New Orleans are done for 08. Start planning for the draft
4.Funny but the two candidates for the Cowboys job - Turner and Phillips are both probably done. Enough with the recycled old boys club coaches. The Chargers are struggling with KC and check out the talent on the field!
5. Heard the talking heads this morning on the sports leader picking the Dolphis to win the division because "Parcells knows how to win in December" HUH!! All I can remember is a total fade for the Cowboys--must be the players fault, or they are referencing the good old days
6. Watched some of the 'fins game and they do play hard and with passion. Is it Sparano and who would have guessed he was head coaching material? Bill must have know something
7.Was a time a while back, that I thought the Cowboys would rue the day when Sean Payton got away and took the Saints to the Super Bowl. The shine sure is off him now
8.Back to Miami--announcers were discussing the trade that netted Fasano and Ayodele for a fourth. They seemed to think it was a steal but I still see it as getting rid of two J.A.G.S.
Ayodele contributed zero plays and there was just something missing with Fasano who shouldnt have been a second round pick in the first place in my estimation.
Bennett already shows a tremendous more amount of athleticism in his brief time in the league.
9.Another week until we see if the Cowboys have really quit on Phillips or if there is some shred of pride and dignity still remaining

morieeel

Reaction score
Saw a Jags team respond to a coach that placed it's D-captain on the inactive list. Of course it was the Lions......

khiladi

Reaction score
dirt;2409429 said:
Ayodele contributed zero plays and there was just something missing with Fasano who shouldnt have been a second round pick in the first place in my estimation.

All a team has to do is get Ayodele in coverage and it's over... The guy flat-out sucks...

Dallyjake

Reaction score
Saw a guy named Jake go 7-27 with 4 picks and still win 17-6 at Oak. Has Carolina played a good team?

DTK

Reaction score
Here's what I saw from my day serfing the Ticket:

1) The corner in Oakland, Asumgwhatever, is REALLY GOOD! The guy blanketed Steve Smith and didn't break a sweat. Also had a pick.

2) Carolina and Atlanta are in the playoffs. Carolina by an easy schedule and Atlanta is really good. Thus, only 2 teams make it out of the East. Which makes are game next Sunday against Washington HUGE. If we lose that game, I think we're out.

3) How did we let the Rams beat us????

4) Kudos to Herm Edwards for going for it. That Chiefs team has a lot of young guys on it, and if they get a good QB soon, they'll be good too.

5) This would have been a great year to play the West. Both suck.

6) Ray Lewis can still play. A lot of guys want their D coordinator for a coach, but I think it has more to do with talent then scheme. They've been a good defensive for a good while now with different coordinators. The one common denominator is Ray Lewis.

7) Andre Johnson is the best WR in football and I don't know if its even close.

8) AP is the best back in the NFL, and I know its not even close.

Just some thoughts I had while watching games today.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
dirt;2409429 said:
I love the Sunday Ticket!! It was nice with no Cowboy game to be able to just scroll up and down the dial and watch what was going on. A few things struck me.
1. I have serious envy for the Pittsburgh defense, especially the secondary. Poloamoau(sp) is an absolute beast and is what Roy Williams should have been. The rest of their secondary are not household names but they cover and hit

troy gave up a touch down tho so he must suck...

Dodger12

Reaction score
dirt;2409429 said:

:huh: I'm confused. Didn't Polomalou give up the winning TD and didn't Pittsburg lose?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
DTK;2409793 said:
Here's what I saw from my day serfing the Ticket:

1) The corner in Oakland, Asumgwhatever, is REALLY GOOD! The guy blanketed Steve Smith and didn't break a sweat. Also had a pick.

Nnamdi Asomugha.. probably the best corner in the NFL right now

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I saw the Raiders secondary become 200 thousand percent better simply by dropping Deangelo Hall out of it.

Holding Jake to no completions in the second half, when he's got Steve Smith at WR and a RB like Williams out of the backfield, is just insane.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
the kid 05;2409824 said:
troy gave up a touch down tho so he must suck...

That's true, if you go by the criteria of some of the mental midgets around here...

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Nnamdi Awesome-woah is very underrated as a DB. I think Champ might have been supplanted by him.

the kid 05

Reaction score
KDWilliams85;2410262 said:
Nnamdi Awesome-woah is very underrated as a DB. I think Champ might have been supplanted by him.

nope, hes good but hes not any where near Champ's level

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Dallyjake;2409597 said:
Saw a guy named Jake go 7-27 with 4 picks and still win 17-6 at Oak. Has Carolina played a good team?
THere are a number of frauds in the NFL and Carolina is one of them. Arizona, the Jets, Ravens, Bucs, Falcons are all in that category to me. I truly believe if we make the playoffs we will be battle tested like you wouldn't believe because of our schedule, division, the adversity with the injuries and other controversies. I also would love another shot at Arizona because we didn't even play great in that game and still almost pulled it out.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
KDWilliams85;2410262 said:

He's the best CB in football. I wouldn't call that underrated.

the kid 05;2410266 said:
nope, hes good but hes not any where near Champ's level

This is 2008, not 2005. Champ is nowhere near Nnamdi's lvl... you had it backwards.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Rack;2410322 said:
This is 2008, not 2005. Champ is nowhere near Nnamdi's lvl... you had it backwards.

im glad to see we are going to agree to disagree

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
the kid 05;2410325 said:
im glad to see we are going to agree to disagree

Not much to disagree about. CB gets burnt wayyyyyyy more than he used to. NA is bigger and stronger and keeps plays in front of him rather than behind him.

DTK

Reaction score
Good crop of DB's that year:

Round 1
  • Newman (5)
  • Trufant (11)
  • Polamalu (16)
  • Asomugha (31)
Round 2

• Tillman (35)
  • Mathis (39)
Round 4