Things that are still driving you nuts about the Cowboys

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
1. Stupid penalties.
2. Newman dropping INTs.
3. Folk not driving kickoffs into the end zone.
4. Fasano not getting more catches (or not catching the ball???).
5. The Roy Williams thing.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Wade Phillips not allowing Jason Garrett and the sexoffense put up more points when they easily could..

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
adamc91115;1762800 said:
1. People complaining about an 8-1 team.

Hey, I'm all giddy about our great start. These are just little things that happen during the games that drive me nuts. You are probably right though. Every team has imperfections, so point well taken.

DBoys

Reaction score
VCDefector;1762799 said:
1. Stupid penalties.
2. Newman dropping INTs.

Folk kickoffs were on purpose in my opinion.

Pass defense is the only think frustrating me.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
adamc91115;1762800 said:
1. People complaining about an 8-1 team.

Amen to that.

My biggest gripe is that so many season ticket holders are scalping their tickets, the green bay game is going to be filled with packer fans. It might be worse than the steelers game in 04.

I am trying to find one more ticket in my section for a friend for the skins and packers game and there are like a million tickets available, at absurd prices. It kills me that season ticket holders of the cowboys in a season like this would be selling tickets just for money. I hate that people put so much value in money, to me it is about football and the experience, not the money.

sorry rant over.

oh my one teeny weeny complaint is that the special teams coverage needs to get better, although with the free agent departures and tc cuts and now injuries we have alot of new guys with a new coach so it is to be expected, but it needs to be cleaned up because you can not give the lions, packers and eagles that kind of field position and expect to be successfull defensively.

dallasfan

Reaction score
VCDefector;1762799 said:
1. Stupid penalties.

if I had to guess, I'd say this will be the down fall of this team. Not the slow starts, not a lack of a "speed" wr, or our secondary, but stupid penalties.

VCDefector;1762799 said:
2. Newman dropping INTs.

Because I want Newman in the pro-bowl, this bothers me, but it isn't that big of a deal. The one against Philly had no bearing on the game, and he caught the one that mattered against buffalo

VCDefector;1762799 said:

He could improve, but he was real bad sunday cause of the meadow lands winds.

VCDefector;1762799 said:

Hard to complain about offensive production

VCDefector;1762799 said:

He's playing fine imo.

FCBarca

Reaction score
1. LBs not making many tackles, especially against the run.

2. Secondary consistency/inconsistency

3. Penalties

4. Return game is pretty anemic.

5. Only get to beat the Giants twice in a season :D

Kevinicus

Reaction score
theebs;1762811 said:
Amen to that.

My biggest gripe is that so many season ticket holders are scalping their tickets, the green bay game is going to be filled with packer fans. It might be worse than the steelers game in 04.

I am trying to find one more ticket in my section for a friend for the skins and packers game and there are like a million tickets available, at absurd prices. It kills me that season ticket holders of the cowboys in a season like this would be selling tickets just for money. I hate that people put so much value in money, to me it is about football and the experience, not the money.

sorry rant over.

oh my one teeny weeny complaint is that the special teams coverage needs to get better, although with the free agent departures and tc cuts and now injuries we have alot of new guys with a new coach so it is to be expected, but it needs to be cleaned up because you can not give the lions, packers and eagles that kind of field position and expect to be successfull defensively.

Must be nice to not have to worry about money at all. Money is a lot more important to most people's lives than whether or not they see a football game in person or not. Money pays the mortgage, the Cowboys don't.

bigdchi

Reaction score
I would say the penalties and Roy williams. In my opinion the secondary giving up big plays would be #1.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DBoys;1762807 said:
Folk kickoffs were on purpose in my opinion.
I thought I was the only one that noticed this. I think because of their kick off coverage issues, he was instructed to kick high and short to give our guys time to get down there.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;1763042 said:
I thought I was the only one that noticed this. I think because of their kick off coverage issues, he was instructed to kick high and short to give our guys time to get down there.

and bingo was his name-o

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;1763042 said:

I remember Parcells commenting about this last year. He stated that he never believed in that approach, that he just wanted the kicker to kick it as far as he can and it was the kick coverage guys job to get down there and make the tackle. I tend to agree with that philosophy and I don't remember Parcells teams having coverage problems.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1763036 said:
Must be nice to not have to worry about money at all. Money is a lot more important to most people's lives than whether or not they see a football game in person or not. Money pays the mortgage, the Cowboys don't.

thats hardly what I am saying, you missed it completely.

There are people who can clearly afford to buy the season tickets, but now they are using them as a tool to make profit, my point being that those tickets should bring you more joy than the extra bucks you make scalping them.

Nothing to do with how much money you have. If you cant pay your mortgage what in the world are you doing buying season tickets?

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;1762811 said:
Amen to that.

sorry rant over.

Report them so real fans can get them tickets...

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1763036 said:
Umm if these people can afford season tickets they are not deprived... This is just greed at this point.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1763036 said:

If they need the money to pay the mortgage then those people should not be buying season's tickets.