Twitter: Think it's safe to say fans/media outside Cowboy circles like this offense more that its fans

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it’s safe to say that the outside media and experts always hype the cowboys because it is good for ratings and they they can later tell us how the Cowboys under performed

I think it is safe to say that they do it because stupid Cowboys fans fall for this every year like clockwork

I think it is safe to say that idiotic threads like these are made in every off season

I think it is safe to say the reality hits these same Cowboys fans in December and January

Several things are safe to say
I think it's safe to say that you are a cowboy fan.....so, you fit the bill.

Flamma

Reaction score
I just don’t think Jerry can ever get both sides good enough at the same time. I do Like their drafts since MM has been here.

I'll be honest, I'll admit I thought they would be 9-8 last year. I can't be sure exactly, but I know I didn't predict anything close to 12-5.

I like the drafts too. Last year better than this year. I just don't think by solely building through the draft they can put a contender out there. They're not even active in the draft. They just take what falls to them. They might be a little active late in the draft, just like in FA with lower end players.

I'm just hoping that one of these years the stars align and we're a contender. It happens from time to time. But it won't have any consistency.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
got more questions than that, but yes you are right.

The questions on the OL and WR are the biggest questions. The DL is also a question. If we don’t get better and more physical in the trenches we’re going keep running into the same problems.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The questions on the OL and WR are the biggest questions. The DL is also a question. If we don’t get better and more physical in the trenches we’re going keep running into the same problems.
OL
DL
WR
There is a chance that all three areas can improve, but very unlikely that we hit the trifecta.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OL
DL
WR
There is a chance that all three areas can improve, but very unlikely that we hit the trifecta.

Losing Amari Cooper and Cedric Wilson means we’re not going to improve at WR at least not this season. We’ve taken a real hit at WR, especially with Gallup out the first few games of the season. We have potential to get better on the OL and DL but not at WR.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Losing Amari Cooper and Cedric Wilson means we’re not going to improve at WR at least not this season. We’ve taken a real hit at WR, especially with Gallup out the first few games of the season.
Im not disagreeing, the concern at WR is real.
Im just saying this team has bigger issue at OL and DL, and thats a burden to overcome.
OL and DL are 1a and 1b priorities for this team and the most pressing concerns.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Losing Amari Cooper and Cedric Wilson means we’re not going to improve at WR at least not this season. We’ve taken a real hit at WR, especially with Gallup out the first few games of the season.

You're probably right but sometimes less means more. In other words, w/o Coop, Dak may be more inclined to feed ALL receivers, similar to his rookie season when his goal was getting the ball to whoever was open.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Im just saying this team has bigger issue at OL and DL, and thats a burden to overcome.
OL and DL are 1a and 1b priorities for this team and the most pressing concerns.

At least there’s some potential on the OL and DL. Outside of CeeDee who didn’t show up in the playoffs we have little. All the coverage is going to roll to him now. Gallup is rehabbing and it usually takes a receiver a full year to recover from an ACL. I’m not expecting a whole lot from him so that means the rookie WR is going to have to make a significant impact or we’re going to struggle at WR. If something happens to CeeDee our WR group is going to look like it did heading into the 2018 season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'll admit I thought they would be 9-8 last year. I can't be sure exactly, but I know I didn't predict anything close to 12-5.

I like the drafts too. Last year better than this year. I just don't think by solely building through the draft they can put a contender out there. They're not even active in the draft. They just take what falls to them. They might be a little active late in the draft, just like in FA with lower end players.

I'm just hoping that one of these years the stars align and we're a contender. It happens from time to time. But it won't have any consistency.

my hope is they are being smart building through the draft, developing talent, clearing up the cap to make a legitimate run starting in 2023. At that time they will add the veteran stud or two they need to put them in position.

but it’s only a hope.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're probably right but sometimes less means more. In other words, w/o Coop, Dak may be more inclined to feed ALL receivers, similar to his rookie season when his goal was getting the ball to whoever was open.

Still plenty of pass catchers. Plenty

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No we were overly stocked at wr. We’re more then fine now. Just need the oline and run game to improve.

Flamma

Reaction score
my hope is they are being smart building through the draft, developing talent, clearing up the cap to make a legitimate run starting in 2023. At that time they will add the veteran stud or two they need to put them in position.

but it’s only a hope.

I would love it if they did that. But I think they're saving cap space so they don't have to restructure Dak next year. They can do that since their only cost is primarily the draft. And he would be the only real cap spike next year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would love it if they did that. But I think they're saving cap space so they don't have to restructure Dak next year. They can do that since their only cost is primarily the draft. And he would be the only real cap spike next year.
That’s fine too.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
What’s safe to say is fans and the media outside the Cowboys like Dak a lot better than many Cowboys fans. You don’t see anyone outside Cowboys nation trash him. He’s the only reason many are picking the Cowboys to win the division. Those who were still on the Cowboys bandwagon are on it because of Dak.

Says it all