Think like the coaches guys...

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
We must look forward to next week. Find what we sucked at today, and improve on it for next week.
What we did good
-Held the leagues best WR to 0 TD's
-Played good pass defense
-Started to get a pass rush
And bad...
Everything else.
Bledsoe locking in on Key
Very Conservative play calling 1st half
Not attacking CB opposite Woodson
Not running the draw

Ashwynn

Reaction score
The problem is we all know why we sucked. You run right into a Big and Slow front 7 that you know cant play the outside. We did not try 1 outside run that I recall. You run into a brick wall all day long, the wall aint moving.

The defensive secondary is so suseptable to the big play. They ran the same play on the 2nd play that the skins ran twice on us. We dont learn from the mistakes of the past it seems.

I am not whining, I have not given up hope on the boys this year, but man, I am frustrated to no end. I seriously thought we would be showing better at this point. I see a lot of good, but I see enough bad that we cant beat a team that had 85 yards on 13 penalties.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With our conservative offense and illogical defensive schemes I would rather shoot myself than think like the coaches.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Oh...and one other point about weaknesses we should correct.

So far, we've gotten our doors blown off right at the start of 3 of the 4 games...San Diego...San Franciso...Oakland.

Ya think we could get the guys prepared to play right from the start of the game???

jimmy40

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I must have been watching the wrong game.
I never saw a pass rush.
Kerry Collins throws the ball away, Bledsoe doesn't. It's not that hard to understand.

scottsp

Reaction score
Ok. I'll try to think like the coaches. I will go into games plotting and scheming all week to score 17 points. Now, that must win the ball game. And I can't deviate from that nonattacking style. Adjustments? What are those?

Hmmm...like the coaches...

Let's be totally unimaginative defensively. Let's blitz from the same place, same personnel, same situation. Every time. Adjustments? There's that big word again.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Ok. I'll try to think like the coaches. I will go into games plotting and scheming all week to score 17 points. Now, that must win the ball game. And I can't deviate from that nonattacking style. Adjustments? What are those?

Hmmm...like the coaches...

Let's be totally unimaginative defensively. Let's blitz from the same place, same personnel, same situation. Every time. Adjustments? There's that big word again.

Very good points scott. It would be nice to see a few variations now and then wouldn't it.