Think the Cowboys are DE hunting

ghst187

Reaction score
I thought so too…apparently they had different plans for him as they’ve kicked him inside a bit more.
no hate to tank but would love to move on from that contract and have someone who can also rush the passer better

cnuball21

Reaction score
no hate to tank but would love to move on from that contract and have someone who can also rush the passer better
I think that’s what their doing partially planning for the future.

We’d be lucky to land someone as good as him at 26.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
After deep diving into the money, really believe taking a 1st rd DE makes a whole lot of sense, if the value is there. Team has to get away from DLaw's 20 million contract in 2024. Sam Williams probably can replace him that year, but we need depth as both Armstrong/Fowler will be fa's.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but where are the snaps as a rookie?
Shouldn't draft based on that. If the player is good enough as a rookie, they'll find snaps for him.
- They limited Sam Williams because he made some mistakes in run defense.
- Somebody probably misses some games with injury anyway.

cnuball21

Reaction score
After deep diving into the money, really believe taking a 1st rd DE makes a whole lot of sense, if the value is there. Team has to get away from DLaw's 20 million contract in 2024. Sam Williams probably can replace him that year, but we need depth as both Armstrong/Fowler will be fa's.
The more I think about it the more I think DE / CB will be the best combo of BPA and positional value at 26…unless a WR falls.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Shouldn't draft based on that. If the player is good enough as a rookie, they'll find snaps for him.
- They limited Sam Williams because he made some mistakes in run defense.
- Somebody probably misses some games with injury anyway.
I agree, but when was the last time we saw a 1st rd pick not have a major role with this team? Taco was their biggest bust over the last several years and he was apart of the rotation. Barring injuries, If they do decide to go in this direction, believe they will have to make room for the player. Perhaps, a player like Fowler would be traded or released. Think he only has a million guaranteed for this season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Where is a corner going to play at this point? Dallas doesn't draft 1st rounders to sit on the bench.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’d be fine with McDonald at 26. Or Nolan Smith at 26. I like them both.

Both schools misused their talents which helped keep their sacks down. You put either out at RDE and let them rush the QB and they’ll pressure the QB very well.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yes. It's kind of like the DL picks, apart of the rotation, but not a day 1 starter. Nickel/Dime roles early on until he is ready for a larger role.
I swear, since Dallas brought in Gilmore, I would draft Emanuel Forbes and let him play in some sub packages and give him this year to put on some weight.

Because Forbes is one of the most natural corners that I’ve seen coming out of college. He literally has everything that I’d want in a young corner except for his weight.

Let him play some and learn from Gilmore and eat some of that pro football training table. He’d put on weight and end up making 10 years of plays for your team. The guy is a great, great player.

There, I said it and got it off my chest.