Thinking outside of the box..

RealityWynn

Reaction score
Well as SICK as I am right now, I am scrabbling to find something that we could of done once we came up short on that last drive...

1st thing...I think we over-thought the situation...IMO...We should of tried the FG attempt on 3rd down to avoid what eventually destroyed our season..
So just in case a bothched snap or whatever we could of had another down to try it...(once again this is in hind-sight)

Also I think Gramatica could of made more of a effort after the snap was botched..I mean he was right there and even touched the defender who eventually caught Romo from behind.. Had he even made a better attempt to block the guy we would of got the 1st or even scored...

Having said that, I am going back in my hole to die til August..

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Hes a kicker, just geting in the way is a big deal for a kicker, They cant tackle of block. There kickers.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gramatica weighs maybe a buck 50 at most there is no way he makes that block.

RealityWynn

Reaction score
All he has to do is get in the way...
I think you guys are not giving him enough credit for making a minor play..

RxMan

Reaction score
Kick on third down and give them even more time to respond? Any coach would get fired for that. Sure if there was 10 seconds left, but not 1:19.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
So now we're blaming the kicker when stupid Romo can't even move the ball 2 feet without dropping it? Hello? I saw Grammitca at least throw a block on someone - to me he should have been in absolute shock when Romo laid it down after a perfect snap from center.

RealityWynn

Reaction score
DrunkWithPower;1297431 said:
So now we're blaming the kicker when stupid Romo can't even move the ball 2 feet without dropping it? Hello? I saw Grammitca at least throw a block on someone - to me he should have been in absolute shock when Romo laid it down after a perfect snap from center.
Who said blaming...
That is why this thread is called "Thinking outside of the box" in which you clearly missed..

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
2 words, 1 name.

Josh Brown

We wanted as much time off the clock as possible.

The guy is clutch and we have experienced his kicking 1st hand.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
If we had got the 1st down when Witten caught that pass, we would have been able to run the clock out and attempt a FG with next to no time on the clock. That's why we went for it on 3rd...

Had we got that 1st down, there is a chance we would have kicked it on 3rd, but not likely... you don't want any time on the clock.