CFZ This 2022 team has some of early 90's team fire

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Remember when Jimmy Johnson himself said this about last years team after the Pats win?

He was wrong then just like OP is now.

The only real leader on this team is Parsons. That's it.

You don't have an Irvin, Smith, or Aikman on the offense getting into people on the sidelines and in practice. You have a collection of guys that want to be buddies, make money, and be celebrities. The guys on offense right now will take the easy road 10/10 time if given the chance. That's why you don't see them out there in preseason games getting ready and if we have the playoffs locked up the only time you're going to see them playing in the last game of the season is if there's a milestone to be reached, cause ya know, hitting milestones helps their brand.

We certainly don't have a Jimmy Johnson in charge either and that is probably by far the most important thing missing.

By all means though, get your hopes up sky high, fall for it over and over again.

I choose to wait for them to prove it to me instead of just crowning them. They'll be just like the rest unless they show they are different in the post season. Until then you're just another group of wannabes.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
No matter what you wanna say about Dak, he’s got the fire as a leader as well. He leads by example which is just another style of leadership. He’s constantly striving to better his game. The players love him and will break down walls for him which was shown after he went down with that horrific injury. And how he came back from that was a true inspiration for everyone on that team.
7 years in and still striving. Captain almost comeback and Garbage time King.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I made the same comparison to the 90's teams with regards to the defense, a few days ago. It was great to watch that D play with the fire and determination they had on Sunday. A real breath of fresh air.

I don't see any comparison from the offense, though. In spite of all the hype, this team has clearly lacked leadership for 15ish years, since Parcells brought some toughness and discipline. My biggest problem with Romo was he seemed to want to be more 'one of the boys' then to be that 'in your face' leader when necessary. He made up for it somewhat with his remarkable toughness in wanting to play through some tough injuries.

Dak is of the same 'one of the guys' kinda guy as Romo was. The only difference is that Dak studied how to say the right things to be considered a leader, in college. I'd love for someone to point out to me a few solid, tangible examples of Dak's leadership.

khiladi

Reaction score
I made the same comparison to the 90's teams with regards to the defense, a few days ago. It was great to watch that D play with the fire and determination they had on Sunday. A real breath of fresh air.

I don't see any comparison from the offense, though. In spite of all the hype, this team has clearly lacked leadership for 15ish years, since Parcells brought some toughness and discipline. My biggest problem with Romo was he seemed to want to be more 'one of the boys' then to be that 'in your face' leader when necessary. He made up for it somewhat with his remarkable toughness in wanting to play through some tough injuries.

Dak is of the same 'one of the guys' kinda guy as Romo was. The only difference is that Dak studied how to say the right things to be considered a leader, in college. I'd love for someone to point out to me a few solid, tangible examples of Dak's leadership.

Romo’s carefree personality, seemed to be his biggest weakness. He should have asserted himself way earlier to Jones in regards to the offensive direction and Garrett. Way too nice…

shabazz

Reaction score
Comparing this team to the 92 team…

The absolute state of this board

agree….as I was reading each sentence I knew that we were absolutely nothing like that team

the Parson similar to Haley was literally the only resemblance to the 90s team…

I don’t mind a rah rah thread but at least be more than 5% accurate in it.

shabazz

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

This team reminds you of the 90s? Pfft. The same team that scored a whooping 3 points in week 1? That’s hilarious. I want whatever drugs you’re on.

He’s trying to show that he’s enthusiastic about the team because deep down it’s killing him that Cooper Rush was able to lead the offense to more than a field goal and had a game winning drive

…..it was a good curveball but I could see it coming from a mile away.