This a different team

jnday

Reaction score
We’ll find out if this team is different once we get to January. I’m not about to get sucked in after only 6 games. We’ll start getting a pretty good idea by December if this team has what it takes to have a real shot in the playoffs. I’m a long way from being convinced with 11 games left. I want to see as the season goes on if complacency starts setting in or if we can remain being focused like a team that’s on a mission.
Exactly. We have had too many teams that looked good until it really counted. The first third of the season means nothing if they fall apart late in the season. It has happened before too many times.

Reaction score
Watching sounds from the sidelines and player interviews plus obviously the play on the field…one thing is apparent…this group of players is different than what we’ve had in the past. This group is a bunch of fighter…dogs like we haven’t had since the 90s. You can see they just don’t believe they can be beaten. Parsons, Gregory, Diggs, Kearse…they are alpha dogs
Dak, Lamb, Zeke…also…Lamb is pretty certain no one can cover him and he plays like it.
This team has swagger like I haven’t seen in over 20 years. Gonna be fun….
I thought the same thing in 2016 when we beat the Steelers on the road, only to be crushed by Aaron Rodgers.

I am still withholding my excitment. But I do like what I have seen and te direction this team is going so far.

Reaction score
One real concern I have is if we wrap up the division early with about 3 to 4 games left in the season. We could wrap up the division real early if we keep winning and the rest of the teams in our division keep losing. That could cause the team to let up the rest of the season looking ahead to the playoffs. That could lead to sloppy play and us limping into the playoffs. The problem with some of the good teams we’ve had the past couple of decades was they weren’t able to maintain their focus the entire regular season. This led to us not playing our best football entering the playoffs. We just have to hope that the success we’ve had doesn’t cause a team to start feeling too good about themselves. Complacency could do us in.
I don't think that would be a problem.

They may win the division early, but they will stillbe jockeying for playoffs seeds against the Cards, Rams, Bucs, etc.

That should keep the team motivated even if the division is wrapped up

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Exactly. We have had too many teams that looked good until it really counted. The first third of the season means nothing if they fall apart late in the season. It has happened before too many times.

It really comes down to how you’re playing entering the playoffs. Tampa was 7-5 at one point last year and looked anything but a championship team and they got hot entering the playoffs. We’ll find out in December/January if we have a real shot. That’s when we need to be playing our best football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think that would be a problem.

They may win the division early, but they will stillbe jockeying for playoffs seeds against the Cards, Rams, Bucs, etc.

That should keep the team motivated even if the division is wrapped up

That’s what I’m hoping playing for the number one seed and the bye will keep them motivated. The good teams we’ve had in the past seem to think they can just flip a switch on and off when they want. That doesn’t work.

ghst187

Reaction score
I get the comparisons to 2016, 2009, etc. I don’t remember the team having this level of confidence, dog, and swagger across both sides of the ball.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Judging from your avatar pic I think you've been a fan longer. I became a fan in 1975 when I realized football can be exciting after my dad threw my little rocking chair against the wall after Staubach threw his 3rd pick to seal the victory for the Steelers in the 1975 SB. I have been through heartaches too. But I won't let past struggles hinder my outlook for THIS season. IT makes no sense to me to start having fun once we beat a good team in the playoffs. I want to have fun along the way because we deserve it. It's obvious this is a different era.
Nope, we have both been fans since 1975,
The first game I remember watching was the the hail Mary playoff game that lead to the SB you mentioned.
I wanted to cry after that loss LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m interested to see how the Cowboys look when they come off their bye week. They have a tendency to come back looking flat after a bye. Sometimes a bye can kill your momentum. Some here are acting like the team is invincible but we’re going to hit a few bumps, we just have to see how we respond to them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
One real concern I have is if we wrap up the division early with about 3 to 4 games left in the season. We could wrap up the division real early if we keep winning and the rest of the teams in our division keep losing. That could cause the team to let up the rest of the season looking ahead to the playoffs. That could lead to sloppy play and us limping into the playoffs. The problem with some of the good teams we’ve had the past couple of decades was they weren’t able to maintain their focus the entire regular season. This led to us not playing our best football entering the playoffs. We just have to hope that the success we’ve had doesn’t cause a team to start feeling too good about themselves. Complacency could do us in.
the division isn't the only goal ok Garett..lol

no ones resting players for 5 games, bigger goals is the first round BYE, Home field and other things..maybe the last 2 games aren't very importnat but no way not concern we wrap anything up with 4 games to go..

plenty to fight for..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m interested to see how the Cowboys look when they come off their bye week. They have a tendency to come back looking flat after a bye. Sometimes a bye can kill your momentum. Some here are acting like the team is invincible but we’re going to hit a few bumps, we just have to see how we respond to them.
you mean like Game 1 with no offseason playing on the road with new defense against the SB champs on Thursday night? the pre week talk we could not be ready and get blown out.it didn't happen., so far we seem prepared each game

the thing we need to worry most about is Daks calf

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you mean like Game 1 with no offseason playing on the road with new defense against the SB champs on Thursday night? the pre week talk we could not be ready and get blown out.it didn't happen., so far we seem prepared each game

the thing we need to worry most about is Daks calf

We weren’t coming off a bye week entering the season opener. lol Bye weeks happen during the season. They can disrupt momentum that’s been built. They benefit some teams and they hurt some teams. Rarely have they benefited us. This one came at a good time because of Dak’s injury. We’ll just have to see if we look energized when we return or flat.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It means we're winning and most of us are having a good time....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Watching sounds from the sidelines and player interviews plus obviously the play on the field…one thing is apparent…this group of players is different than what we’ve had in the past. This group is a bunch of fighter…dogs like we haven’t had since the 90s. You can see they just don’t believe they can be beaten. Parsons, Gregory, Diggs, Kearse…they are alpha dogs
Dak, Lamb, Zeke…also…Lamb is pretty certain no one can cover him and he plays like it.
It’s a team with a defense and playmakers. Which is exactly what some us said we needed for the last 15 years.

And it’s a team with a real HC and great coordinators. Which some said we needed.

nobody

Reaction score
We weren’t coming off a bye week entering the season opener. lol Bye weeks happen during the season. They can disrupt momentum that’s been built. They benefit some teams and they hurt some teams. Rarely have they benefited us. This one came at a good time because of Dak’s injury. We’ll just have to see if we look energized when we return or flat.

Since Garrett's gone, I'm betting that the team doesn't come out flat after the bye. These guys do not seem to find losses acceptable and fight.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Since Garrett's gone, I'm betting that the team doesn't come out flat after the bye. These guys do not seem to find losses acceptable and fight.

Don’t think Garrett had anything to do with it. We saw the same thing when Wade was here. I wouldn’t be willing to bet anything with this team just yet. We’re too early into the season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE.... o_O
I truly believe MM plays a huge roll in that department!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Attitude is different. I no longer have expectations of failure, when something goes a little bit backwards. Now if I could have confidence in the head coach

ghst187

Reaction score
Attitude is different. I no longer have expectations of failure, when something goes a little bit backwards. Now if I could have confidence in the head coach

yeah instead of expecting us to do something stupid and lose we still do something stupid but win