This ain't that bad

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really do not think this is anywhere near as bad as BSPN and certain posters here think it is. TO is TO and I think everyone on the team pretty much discounts his griping. After a while it becomes background noise.

Fact is that Tony has not come up big in games in December and later-just nowhere near what you should expect from a Pro Bowl QB. He DOES seem to have a bad habit of fixating on Witten late in games= and the whole league knows it. Tony has also in december shown a bad trend of increasing turnovers. So he SHOULD be on the hot seat untill he comes up real large in a big game in december and later. This week against the Giants he REALLY needs to step it up. Make plays and also NOT GIVE IT UP. This is what a FRANCHISE QB is SUPPOSED TO DO.

Boysboy

Reaction score
burmafrd;2483231 said:
I really do not think this is anywhere near as bad as BSPN and certain posters here think it is. TO is TO and I think everyone on the team pretty much discounts his griping. After a while it becomes background noise.

Fact is that Tony has not come up big in games in December and later-just nowhere near what you should expect from a Pro Bowl QB. He DOES seem to have a bad habit of fixating on Witten late in games= and the whole league knows it. Tony has also in december shown a bad trend of increasing turnovers. So he SHOULD be on the hot seat untill he comes up real large in a big game in december and later. This week against the Giants he REALLY needs to step it up. Make plays and also NOT GIVE IT UP. This is what a FRANCHISE QB is SUPPOSED TO DO.

TO wasn't even on the team prior to '06-regardless of who was coaching, who was under center, etc, the discipline still wasn't there, we still played poorly in Dec, etc, etc.

Pt being that different year, different cast of characters, same result. It's alot like watching "Saw" and their subsequent sequels every Oct since '04...different year, same movie.

twentytwo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483235 said:
Pt being that different year, different cast of characters, same result. It's alot like watching "Saw" and their subsequent sequels every Oct since '04...different year, same movie.

:lmao2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Good teams come up large late in the year. Wannabe's come up large early and fade late. We have another chance to shed the wannabe lable.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Trust me when I say this. This team has seen the news media try and make stuff bigger than it really is. In fact they are amused by it.

Does every player on the team love TO? Probably not. It's almost impossible to have 53 guys totally in sync together. Do they support each other? IMO they do. Are there rifts? Always. Every team. Are they bigger news when it is the Cowboys? Yeah, America's Team remember? Are they even bigger if it is about TO? Unfortunately yeah.

I would bet money that the team will talk about this stuff and laugh it off as sensationalism. Personally, I'm going to believe the team more than the journalists covering the team. Ya'll believe whomever you want.

burmafrd

Reaction score
When you consider who is pumping this up (BSPN and that rancid piece of spam Werder) you have to be skeptical.