This D Sucks

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Wade has not impressed me as a defensive guru since he arrived. Where are the exotic blitzes that make an offense uncomfortable? Where are the dynamic turnovers that Wade used to talk about when he said he wasn't upset if a team had some success as long as they weren't big plays down the field?

But let's not go crazy.

Demarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff showed up when it counted most. And I will admit Ware did nothing until the final minutes, but that's more than Ellis did for the entire game. I am worried Greg Ellis' best days are now behind him.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rysko;2310223 said:
i really hate all the negativity but this is the worst ive felt after a win in years..
You summed it up for me, buddy. I wanted to say it, but I couldn't find the words.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Wade schemes suck so bad no one can argue that! when we playedd tight coverage we had some very good success in stopping them. when we played zone they had easy walk in TD's... our pass rush just isnt good enough to play zone because any decent QB will find the hole and burn us! when we play tight man the difference in our D is night and day because our rushers get an extra couple seconds and our corners are at their best being physical with opponent WR's. i fail to understand why we dont continue to use what clearly works for us...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2310251 said:
Wade has not impressed me as a defensive guru since he arrived. Where are the exotic blitzes that make an offense uncomfortable? Where are the dynamic turnovers that Wade used to talk about when he said he wasn't upset if a team had some success as long as they weren't big plays down the field?

But let's not go crazy.

Demarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff showed up when it counted most. And I will admit Ware did nothing until the final minutes, but that's more than Ellis did for the entire game. I am worried Greg Ellis' best days are now behind him.

I dont know, the game was pretty well in hand after we scored that last TD.

They werent going to score twice in 50 seconds with no timeouts.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ajk23az;2310278 said:
I dont know, the game was pretty well in hand after we scored that last TD.

They werent going to score twice in 50 seconds with no timeouts.

While I agree with you that they weren't going to score twice and the game was all but over, it was 1:52 seconds with 2 timeouts left... Let's not be over dramatic :rolleyes:

Sorry meant weren't not were.

Eskimo

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2310251 said:

But let's not go crazy.

Ware had a couple of TFL.

He also nearly not Palmer on his TD pass. Housh was just so wide open so quickly that no one could get there in time.

I think Ware is just a complete player and isn't cut loose by the defensive scheme often.

One more thing I'll say is that I hope we see Spencer some more so that Ware can get some snaps off so he is fresh on 3rd downs to get after the QB.

I do think we need to spend another premium pick on an OLB and ILB to add some needed depth.

Carp is bad and there is no other depth to speak of right now.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
It really is a mediocre unit, and its mindblowing when you think about how many high picks and how much money JJ has spent on them. I also think part of it is that Brian Stewart could be in over his head. This looks like Zimmyball with the DB's lined up 10 yards off the WR's. I threw a party whenever that scrub got sent packing, and now we are being subjected to it all over again.

DBoys

Reaction score
This scheme is horrid but Henry is ***ing killing us out there.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ajk23az;2310231 said:
AZ plays DAMN good at home. They were 6-2 last year and are 2-0 this year.
And we play DAMN good on the road.

Should be a good game.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Our defense is average -

Our Offense has to carry us this season. Defenses win championships....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The defense really worries me. With the amount of money that has been poured into it Jerry should be seeing a modest return on his investment. I still believe Brian Stewart is in over his head and it's going to come to bite us down the road when it really matters.

odog422

Reaction score
Why am I seeing Ware dropping into coverage more and more? And what happened to having Spencer, Ware and Ellis all rushing the QB at the same time?

noletime95

Reaction score
Wade's Chargers used to get plenty of pressure. I believe the likes of Donnie Edwards in the middle and Castillo and DL that get penatration (all Dallas has is Ratliff) make a difference.

There are a lot of guys getting paid a lot of $$$$$ to be a JAG.

1fisher

Reaction score
I'm not at all impressed with this pathetic looking defensive play. We get little to no pressure on the qb and it looks like he has all day to throw.

It makes me sick to my stomach to see these guys walking around sulking like you just stole their TONKA truck. Bunch of whiners..... suck it up and get your friggin' head in the game. That's what JJ is paying you all those $$$$ for.

:puke: