This December is Judgment Day for Romo!!

panther1012

Reaction score
I just have been thinking a bit lately on where we are as a team. In my thoughts, I'm thinking about yesterdays Steeler game and I'm going back to when Tony took the reigns as our starting QB from Bledsoe.

I'm thinking of Bill Parcells comments and his coaching actions when he ran the team. I love BP, but I always wonder why he always seem to restrain the playing habits of certain players on the team. Romo and JJ come to mind. Do you guys rembember how BP would tell the press corp how he wanted JJ to just run north and south and stop dancing around? He also talked about Tony Romo managing the game, playing within himself and staying away from loads of ad-hoc play decisions. I disagreed with BP at the time. I have to now reconsider the error of my ways and see his wisdom and forsight.

Let's be frank here, Tony Romo is an above-average QB who can make some really good throws and , with the right players, he will always keep the Cowboys above the .500 mark. However, let's take a peek backwards at his history as the MAN. When we have had playoff and really big games against top tier teams, he does not seem to rise to the occassion. He turns the ball over way to much; fumbles and interceptions. In addition, he does not seem to respond to pressure well.

I don't need to go into all the details of what I just said because any REAL Cowboys fan can go back in their memory bank and recall the games and the situations that bear out what I'm talking about. Just think about it; Seattle -06, Giants-07,Arizona-08, Buffalo-07, Steelers-08.

This brings me to the point of my post. We have started another crucial December run for the playoffs this year. This run did not start off right and , frankly, Tony blew the game with his decision making and on the field performance. As a result of this performance and in this critical moment of our season, the true believers and Dallas media are beginning to grow restless of the constant futility of our beloved Cowboys. Especially down the streach run, year after year after year.

As a result of the high expectations in Big D and across Cowboy nation, Tony Romo better play well and produce results for this offense over the next three weeks. Let's be frank, we are not a patient fan base and we don't like losing and we wont tolerate it for long. To be honest, THIS CRAP HAS BEEN GOING ON TOO LONG!! At the end of this month, we will know and the love affair and slack will be up in Big D.

Now, if he plays well and we lose because of our defense or we get nipped in close games, then the fan base and the media will judge accordingly. But if his level of play and decision making and turnovers continue, Tony Romo will learn another hard lesson about being the QB of America's team. It will not be one he enjoys.

I LOVE THE DALLAS COWBOYS

Silverstar

Reaction score
Eli Manning lost his first 2 playoff games.

Peyton Manning lost his first 3 playoff games.

Even the great John Elway lost his first 3 playoff games.

Just because Romo wasn't a 1st round pick like these guys, it doesn't mean
he can't get the job done.

Romo will deliver...just like they did.

PATIENCE!

Primetime42

Reaction score
Colts in '06

Giants on the road in '06 and '07

Chicago on the road in '07

Green Bay in '07

Yep, that Romo's a choke artist for sure.

zeromaster

Reaction score
I think the OP makes some interesting points. It's also easy to fall back on stats and the past performances of HOF-calibre players in hindsight and say wait and see. The question is: with all the alleged talent assembled in Dallas and with a finite window of opportunity, what is the reasonable amount of time to wait and see?

Just a thought...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Silverstar;2473361 said:
Eli Manning lost his first 2 playoff games.

Peyton Manning lost his first 3 playoff games.

Even the great John Elway lost his first 3 playoff games.

Just because Romo wasn't a 1st round pick like these guys, it doesn't mean
he can't get the job done.

Romo will deliver...just like they did.

PATIENCE!

I think it's crazy people hold an Undrafted Free Agent from some crap college to the same standards as a 1st round draft pick...... it's okay Tony Romo is love.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Good thread.

Tuna had more wisdom than most and Jerruh gave him credit for. He was dead on about JJ and sadly Romo has broken every commandment and become a overpaid celebrity QB. His play since being Jessica purse-holder suffered dramatically. Sure it could be a coincidence but Romo is a blundering highlight reel of follies. That said this is on our three-stooges (jerry, wade and jason). Coaches are supposed to GET THE MOST out of players not GET THE WORST out of them. Especially ones we're heavily invested in (financially and with no backup QB).

sigh.

Silverstar

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2473384 said:
I think it's crazy people hold an Undrafted Free Agent from some crap college to the same standards as a 1st round draft pick...... it's okay Tony Romo is love.

You'll root for him come Sunday regardless.

garyv

Reaction score
Romo is not the problem. Yes, he does need to learn that he can't always make things happen but he still is only 28. If we don't make the Playoffs one of the main reasons is our backup QB was terrible and was terrible back in training camp. We went 1-3 with Brad and only won at Tampa due to the Defense. We should have had a backup QB that could actually lead the team to a Victory rather than one with no arm and no mobility. The Coaching Staff and Owner missed this one back before the season and that could be the main reason there might be NO PLAYOFFS.