This Defense is so Bad!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
When a fan base cannot enjoy a win, sheesh. Every team in the NFL, has played watered down teams, injuries, penalties, and bad players. Dallas is the only team in the NFL, that has the same amount of hate fans, as well as support fans.
I’m a fan looking for a brighter future. It’s called delayed gratification. Fanatics do not understand this.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think this defense is terrible, you seem to think it is the strength of the team right now.
No, I hate the defense but I can at least recognize they have been putting the offense in great scoring position with all the turnovers. Much easier to score when you only have to drive the ball 25 yards vs. 75 yards.

75boyz

Reaction score
I don't have anything really good to say about this defense. There are 4-5 guys even worth bothering to talk about going forward and that's it. Most should lose their jobs next season. Rest are worthless as tits on a boarhog.

And the reality is this next offseason won't produce the many required players and coaches to achieve average.
And the current head coach's 'first' choice was Nolan. Don't know about the rest of you but I dont think Mayor McCheese's so called defensive coaching tree is all that impressive.

I guess Jerry or Stephen could do the choosing for him the way they did Moore as OC.

More fun times, lol.

Just when you think an F grade couldn't get worse.
There's always an F minus.

75boyz

Reaction score
Been the same for almost a decade now. Need 1 stud DT, an entirely new starting LB corps and at least 1 FS. The defense has always been weak down the middle. Realistically if the team can use the first 3 rounds of the draft and free agency to address these spots, we would see a noticeable improvement. Outside of a few brilliant stints from Sean Lee, this really has. been the same old story since Wade's defense crumbled nearly 10 years ago.

Really accurate post. Totally agree and imo it was after the decline/departure of most of the defensive pieces Parcells had selected that Wade inherited and by 2010 needed an overhaul.

The defensive quality added over the last decade has been woefully inferior to the offensive players drafted/acquired.

Not sure if this is a fundamental scouting department flaw or what, but the defensive players do not develop as well as their offensive counterparts.

Coaching I'm absolutely positive plays a role in this as well. I mean Marinelli always used to think he had his own Cowboy versions of Rice, Sapp, Booger, Brooks, Barber and Lynch.
And...
Let's just say the actual players that played on his Cowboy defenses weren't quite on that level to be nice about it. But he still tried his Tampa 2 BBDB philosophy. He did try, lol.

And now this current HC is famous for having some of the worst playoff defenses in history for a decade while HC at Green Bay.

Combined all together, these are not good signs.

At least they've got Jerry, lol.

Makes it all better. :)

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am hoping that Diggs, Wilson and Gallimore are all young enough to improve next year. Especially with hopefully a semi-normal off-season. Then hopefully we can add a solid free agent or two and bring a few guys in from the draft. Lawrence is playing at a pretty high level right now, a few others have their moments (Gregory, Woods). Not sure what to say about the LBs. Also, some better coaching could help.

We can’t be worse next year, right?
I look at Gallimore and see a young Leon Lett,, we finally get lucky and hit on some young potential.
Question is will Gallimore be the only shining star on a roster void of supporting cast.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I look at Gallimore and see a young Leon Lett,, we finally get lucky and hit on some young potential.
Question is will Gallimore be the only shining star on a roster void of supporting cast.

i hope you are right on Gallimore. He has had his moments. Hopefully he builds on it and take the next step next year. More consistency, more big plays would be great. I am hopefully optimistic.