This feels like the 2017 Draft

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I hope i'm wrong about that. We got two guys who could turn out to be studs with the first two picks. I don't know if Parsons was the way to go. Why oh why doesn't the Jones family keep playing around with the Safety position? Is it because they signed a guy coming off an injury who can't cover? Think Neal is gonna get snaps at LB now? Time and Time again, they refuse to seriously address what's been an achilles heel for the backend of the defense. I know our defense was terrible and we need to address it in the draft. However, doesn't this feel familiar?

2017 Dallas Cowboys draft
Round
Pick Player Position College Notes
1 28 Taco Charlton DE Michigan
2 60 Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado
3 92 Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan
4 133 Ryan Switzer WR North Carolina
6 191 Xavier Woods S Louisiana Tech
6 216 Marquez White CB Florida State
7 228 Joey Ivie DT Florida
7 239 Noah Brown WR Ohio State
7 246 Jordan Carrell DE Colorado

lqmac1

Reaction score
I hope i'm wrong about that. We got two guys who could turn out to be studs with the first two picks. I don't know if Parsons was the way to go. Why oh why doesn't the Jones family keep playing around with the Safety position? Is it because they signed a guy coming off an injury who can't cover? Think Neal is gonna get snaps at LB now? Time and Time again, they refuse to seriously address what's been an achilles heel for the backend of the defense. I know our defense was terrible and we need to address it in the draft. However, doesn't this feel familiar?

Round
Out of curiosity, who would you have taken instead of Parsons?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who would you have taken instead of Parsons?
I would have probably taken one of the offensive line guys. I don't dislike the Parsons pick. I just don't think LB is a premium position on a defense to take at 10 or maybe even 12. LBs are all dependent on what happens in front of them. It sucks that the top two corners were off the board because it put us in a bad spot. I'm not blaming Jerry and Stephen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Round

parsons is no taco

JonCJG

Reaction score

Not going to lie man, this is a fresh take. Genius even. I’m going to tell you something, and please don’t take it as sarcasm even though it’s not. You should be working in some NFL front office. Really. Your insight is scary. Good stuff man. Totally agree with you. The day after this draft, we can easily make sweeping assumptions about how this draft will turn out even before it’s over. And it’s certainly not a stretch to compare this draft class, which isn’t even complete yet, and who haven’t even touched the practice field, to one of the all time worst Cowboys draft ever. We’re definitely on the same page friend.