This firing needs to happen today

GenoT

Reaction score
Firing Scott Linehan mid-season won’t happen.

If Jerry fired SL today, Jason Garrett would have to take full responsibility for the offense going forward. Jones isn’t likely to leave his “chosen one” — who will never be fired — without a handy year’s end scapegoat.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Linehan's play calling has been great at times and not so great at others this season. But I don't blame him for the roller coaster the Cowboys are currently on. In the end, the players have to execute and that is where we get off the track. We all know Linehan will stay as long as Garrett stays so why even get your hopes up?

glimmerman

Reaction score
The one coach whose headstone has already been etched is Scott Linehan.

Linehan has one friend in the building: Jason Garrett. Everybody else has abandoned him.

Jerry needs to walk up to Garrett today and say, "Look, you're calling the plays the rest of the year, period. Do whatever you need to do, but make it happen. Get us on track."

And with that, Jason has to fire Linehan and make it appear to be his idea.

Then, the teams sinks or swims with Garrett at the helm. No more excuses.

Jerry is growing restless. That's quite obvious.
Thought that was gonna happen yesterday but JG screwed the pooch. Looking for a reason to blame Linehan. I guess you could just say it has been accumulating. But JG and his conservative approach cost us again. Unless JG would throw Linehan under the bus. I don’t think he would have a problem with that.

JJ could just say hey JG!! It’s either you or Linehan. One of you is going. Who is it gonna be?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Linehan has one friend in the building: Jason Garrett. Everybody else has abandoned him.

Jerry needs to walk up to Garrett today and say, "Look, you're calling the plays the rest of the year, period. Do whatever you need to do, but make it happen. Get us on track."

I’m ok with this. But then Jerry wouldn’t have a scapegoat at end of season.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If I am firing someone during the bye week, I get rid of Paul Alexander.

He is a huge disappointment considering his track record.

I realize that Tyron Smith might be washed up and they miss Frederick, but they just look so disjointed and confused.

Give it over to Colombo for the rest of the season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Let's give credit to Scott Linehan for making Dak look like a decent QB in his first year. I doubt Linehan is the primary issue with Dallas, I believe the QB and HC are much more areas of concerns than the OC. If you look at the all-22 tape, receivers are getting open for big plays week in and week out but Dak doesn't throw them the football. In both games, Tony Romo has broadcasted for Dallas he pointed out the lack of anticipation from the QB and the lack of aggressiveness of the HC. We can call for Linehan to fall on the sword but once he's gone nothing will change.
Oh I can blame Linehan for hiring a QB coach with absolutely no experience to coach a QB that needed work. You can blame Dak all you want. Linehan is the one who put Moore in as a QB coach. This is the same guy that Dak beat out for the job. Please tell me how thats Dak's fault.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Hierarchy of problems:
Jerrah/Stephen
Garrett
Dak
Linehan

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't see any coaching changes during the season......hopefully we have an active off season.

kskboys

Reaction score
At this point, any actions taken by the Cowboys will be attributed to Jerry Jones regardless of whether that is accurate or not.
He's the GM. All actions are attributed to him.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Throw them both out, I'll dust of my Madden 93 and call in plays from my cell phone.

visionary

Reaction score

They won't fire him now for one reason and one reason only

They need a scapegoat at the end of the season to give the gullible fans the illusion that something is being done and that scapegoat is linehan. If they fire him now and the offense is still trash then Garrett would need to take the fall and that ain't happening

So you will get your wish at the end of the season

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just look closely at our schedule. More problems ahead thru Thanksgiving. December can’t get here soon enough.

We need more teams who can’t score more than us. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They won't fire him now for one reason and one reason only

They need a scapegoat at the end of the season to give the gullible fans the illusion that something is being done and that scapegoat is linehan. If they fire him now and the offense is still trash then Garrett would need to take the fall and that ain't happening

So you will get your wish at the end of the season
This^^^^^

Didn’t I say that . But thanks !!