This game means NOTHING

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I know I'm looking way ahead, but IMO with the Patriots being the best team in the AFC and the Cowboys the best in the NFC, I think the LOSER of this game will have the advantage if there is a Super Bowl rematch. Obviously we want a Cowboys win every game, but if we happen to lose, I can see us fired up in a rematch in the SB..

wahoofan22

Reaction score
If we win, we'll be accused of getting too high on a meaningless regular season game. If the Pats win, they'll be annointed the greatest team this decade. Someone is going to be 6 - 0 that's about it.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Every team in the NFC East has to play the Patriots. Washington & Philly have to play in Foxboro. If we win, we pick-up a game over any of our division rivals that can't manage to beat them.

So I say it's just as important as any other game.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I disagree with the thread starter and everyone who agrees.

This game is very important. not only is it a Win or loss in our scheduale it also shows us how romo recovers from His bad game...Every game is important, none of this " wouldnt mind losing" crap...

You'll be ok losing and seing the Commanders and Giants inching their way to the NFC EASt top?...hell no.

keep momentum and keep winning...Huge game.

Smith22

Reaction score
DallasDomination;1704071 said:
This game is very important. not only is it a Win or loss in our scheduale it also shows us how romo recovers from His bad game...Every game is important, none of this " wouldnt mind losing" crap...

You'll be ok losing and seing the Commanders and Giants inching their way to the NFC EASt top?...hell no.

keep momentum and keep winning...Huge game.

Agreed. With a 16 game schedule, every game is important. Not only that, but I want to see our offense respond to what happened last week, and I want to see us go head to head with the best the AFC has to offer. Could I handle a loss to the Pats? Sure. Every player on this team should be fired up to take on the Pats. Knocking them down a notch will let everyone know this team is for real.

I have a feeling this will be a close one either way.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
This game will not be the determining factor for how our season ends up. However, it sure could set a positive tone for the second half of the season, in regards to confidence. A win Sunday, coupled with a probable win next
Sunday would send us into the bye week at 7-0. How nice would it be to be 7-0 with road games against Philly and the Giants coming off 2 weeks off? A very enviable position, don't you think? Will a win against N.E. put us in the Super Bowl? Of course not, nor will it put us into a downward spiral. It would just put us in the best possible position at this time.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it does matter for many reasons although if we lose it would not be the end of the season for us since this is the NFL and not college football.

However keeping with the spirit of the thread and for humors sake I submit...

THIS

patsfan_chris

Reaction score
I think its a bigger game for the pats who have to keep pace with indy for and pitt for home field adv., cowboys could lose this game and it will not make a difference in the conference.

Mansta54

Reaction score
patsfan_chris;1704196 said:
I think its a bigger game for the pats who have to keep pace with indy for and pitt for home field adv., cowboys could lose this game and it will not make a difference in the conference.

You're bout to be a game behind tomorrow....

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1703545 said:
Beating the Colts last year ended up meaning nothing.

Actually, it was the highpoint of the season.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The Patriot;1703627 said:
I love waking up to the smell of salary caps in the morning.

Better than waking up to the smell of cheating in a watered down league.

Heck even the Commanders won Superbowls in strike years.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Remember that Bears game in 1985? I think it was like 44-0 the Bears, and they went on to win that (one) Super Bowl?
More importantly (around here), remember what that loss did to Dallas? That was the beginning of the looooong, dark and miserable road to 1-15. I wasn't a divisional game I know, it was a conference game though.
This game is probably the BIGGEST game for Dallas the last decade or so. This game could be the springboard to the "next run" of a championship or two. I thought the Colt win last year was huge and might have been that catalyst, but I was obviously mistaken.
If Dallas wins it all this year, and lets say another in 2009 or so, everyone will look to this game as the "over the hump" thing that started it all (if we win).

THAT'S how important this game is. I think that this thread was started for, and all who agree with it....................by folks who expect Dallas to lose and are already poo-pooing and "spinning" it as "no big deal". That's what I think is behind this thread......................

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
If we lose, we'll, at worse, be tied for 1st in the NFC.

If we win, we'll be 1st.

So no, this game doesn't mean too much. We'll still be undefeated in NFC play and in NFC East play.

I'd say the Commander games and the Philly games are far more important this season.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
If your thinking about "today, right here and now", then yeah. This game means little going into next week. In that respect, all this talk about the Pats going 16-0...............they won't. And Dallas isn't going 16-0 either (probably). At this point, I'll be disappointed with anything less than 13-3 and home field advantage, which is going to be essential. If one of those three loss's is this Pats game, no one will be too surprised or upset. I won't. So yeah, this game isn't Huge if that's your thinking.
I'm thinking HISTORICALLY, and the ramifications of "passing the baton" stuff. Every great team and "run", you could trace back to where it "really" began. This New England game is that type of game for Dallas at this point, given the Romo and T.O. effect, and the Wade Phillips era.
If we're looking back on a couple of Rings 5 years from now, THIS will be the game that everyone will look back on and say "THAT's when it began".

That's how big this game is.....................