This Game Will Be Closer Than You Think

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Just because of who it is. The Freakin Skins. I never feel over confident when we play a hated division rival. They will test us deep, you can believe that, come out throwing they will......I sound like yoda. Never trust the Skins, NEVER!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
they will make the game ugly...and I used to think like you...but not with this coaching staff....the last coaching staff would think EXACTLY like you are, and they will play it conservative to ensure we would not lose to a bad team. Gibss does the EXACT thing with the Commanders...he knows how back breaking it is to lose to BAD teams ESPECIALLY at home. But I think this coaching staff will do the exact opposite. They will try to crush them like a grape early and often. We might not have more than 14 points at halftime. But we will eventually score 31 - 35. And the Skins will not score more than 17. We cannot start coaching nervous now...it makes the players play nervous. We cannot treat this team like they are a top 5 team becasue they are a wounded animal. We cannot make McCardell or Randle El Pro Bowlers just because we are afraid they might get behind us. We need to come after Campbell OFTEN. We need to crush any hope they have and give them ZERo confidence and/or rhythm.

The one thing we need to be cognizant of is onside kicks...kicks/punts returned for TDs....flea flickers..Randle El catching a pass and then throwing. The same stupid s*** we did becaue Parcells did not know how or want to craft a REAL passing game that got the players deep.

We should win by 2+ TDs!!!!!!!

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
bbailey423;1767195 said:
they will make the game ugly...and I used to think like you...but not with this coaching staff....the last coaching staff would think EXACTLY like you are, and they will play it conservative to ensure we would not lose to a bad team. Gibss does the EXACT thing with the Commanders...he knows how back breaking it is to lose to BAD teams ESPECIALLY at home. But I think this coaching staff will do the exact opposite. They will try to crush them like a grape early and often. We might not have more than 14 points at halftime. But we will eventually score 31 - 35. And the Skins will not score more than 17. We cannot start coaching nervous now...it makes the players play nervous. We cannot treat this team like they are a top 5 team becasue they are a wounded animal. We cannot make McCardell or Randle El Pro Bowlers just because we are afraid they might get behind us. We need to come after Campbell OFTEN. We need to crush any hope they have and give them ZERo confidence and/or rhythm.

The one thing we need to be cognizant of is onside kicks...kicks/punts returned for TDs....flea flickers..Randle El catching a pass and then throwing. The same stupid s*** we did becaue Parcells did not know how or want to craft a REAL passing game that got the players deep.

We should win by 2+ TDs!!!!!!!

Yes I hope we do! I also expect a win, but I don't take this game as a gimmie. Our players need to be ready for Wash to bring out all the stops. I agree about our coaching staff playing to win all the time and attaking the defenses. Its nice for a change!:skins:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skins in big trouble - they are seriously banged up.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We should wipe the field with them. We have much more talent and they are all but crippled. Only our mistakes and bad attitude could make it close.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Instead of a 20-24 point win I should be looking at a 14-17 point win? :D

sago1

Reaction score
While Wade Phillips may not understand this rivalry, Jason Garrett (former backup Cowboy & backup Giant QB does) does and I'm sure he'll call the same kind of attack game to beat the Commanders as he's been calling this whole season.

Also the Skins simply lack the weapons (Portis & Cooley) on either side of the ball to do us much damage and their secondary is also injuried. The Cowboys only lose this game if we don't come out & play at the level we are capable. I don't care if their plan is to run the ball as much as possible to keep our offense off the field or to attack us (with a rather inexperienced QB) and try to match up with our offense. Either way we will kill them. It may be closer early in the game but by the 2nd half things will be well under control with Romo relaxing on the bench before the 4th quarter begins. We average 32.5 points a game and I expect we win 38-13 with several INTs off Campbell & 3-5 sacks.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cwbyfan72;1767192 said:
Just because of who it is. The Freakin Skins. I never feel over confident when we play a hated division rival. They will test us deep, you can believe that, come out throwing they will......I sound like yoda. Never trust the Skins, NEVER!

I guess anything is possible, but frankly I cant see us winning by anything less han double digits unless our guys just mail it in or are still feeling too good after winning at Philly and NYG, both of whom are better than Washington

I see us winning something like 34-17

David

Eddie

Reaction score
It will be close. Skins are a wounded animal (overused cliche). That means they're dangerous.

We lost to a weaker Skins team last year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Eddie;1767256 said:
It will be close. Skins are a wounded animal (overused cliche). That means they're dangerous.

we were a lot weaker team too

07 Cowboys >>>>>>>>> 06 Cowboys

David

JerryFan

Reaction score
Sarge;1767210 said:
Skins in big trouble - they are seriously banged up.

I agree Sarge. They might have tried to come out gunning if their team wasn't so banged up. Who is their starting WR's this week? Reche Caldwell and Keenan Mcardell?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Eddie;1767256 said:

again...I understand they are wounded animal...but that does not change the fact that they have no one at WR that should scare us....so we should not defend them like we are scared. Don't make them better than they are by playing scared or by playing not to lose. Cut off the head and the body will fall...translation, make Jason Campbell miserable...change up looks, blitz him, hit him. Don't sit back becaue you are afraid to lose to a bad team....that would be playing right into their hands.

superpunk

Reaction score
The Skins are so banged up. Their offense was already dreadful healthy, and now they've lost half the starting roster.

If Tony goes out and has another Buffalo game, yeah - it will be closer than we think.

Otherwise, I see the Cowboys stepping on their throat early and never letting up. This is gonna be a 3-score margin, the Skins just aren't in our league, even when they're healthy. That surprises me, because I thought they were going to be a big time team, but it's just not working out.

Cowboys win big - 35-14.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My hope is for a blowout but any time NFC East teams get together I expect a tough game. No prediction except Cowboys win.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
No knock on the Great Bill Parcells, but if he was still the Head Coach, I would have to agree that this game could be closer than most of us think.

However, it has been firmly established that the Cowboys offense is one of the most aggressive in the entire league.

The Commanders are missing some serious playmakers in the Secondary and when you couple that with the fact that the Cowboys are the 2nd rated Offense in the league, then this doesn't bode well for the Cowboys.

The most important new wrinkle that the Commanders will be exposed too is the fact that the Cowboys are a second half team.

The Commanders are in trouble...they really are.