this group of Cowboys...

MONT17

Reaction score
tend to make me wonder if i am still a "fan"... im not going to go out and wear drew Bledose or Clint Stoerner jerseys or paint my face with Blue objects that resemble stars to prove my loyalty to this team. but im willling to pay 300 per night for a room close to where the boys play on Sundays or drive 500+ miles to catch a game on the coast!

granted when i followed this team in the 90s i knew what number joe fishback or alfredo roberts sported on the bench, that fanaticism doesnt translate to the current boys... and sometimes i wonder why? when Irvin was in trouble i defended him unlike owens! when Aikman threw a poor pass i blew it off when haters ragged on him now im forced to agree with haters when they bash Romo...

basicly i am stuck cheering for the star... im sorry i have to cut this off but u know what i mean... something is wrong if tom Landry was in effect a god send jerry jones is close to satan on earth or at least satan in Dallas!

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
If you were ever rooting for players instead of the star and are now rooting for the star instead of players, then maybe you got over your schoolboy crushes? Or it could mean that free agency has made it impossible to root for a player because by the time you buy their jersey they are on another team.

rockj7

Reaction score
I dont belive your loyalty is in question I belive the timews have changed not just in society but in sports also the days of watching a player go from a rookie full of mistakes to a all pro for one team have left the building with opposing players being buddies instead of rivales things have changed, so why wouldnt the way pepole root for a team. Riddel me this does the star make a player a true cowboy or does the player make the star a national symbol.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I am a lifer.

And I can't get enough of every litte nook and cranny of this team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MONT17;2658761 said:
tend to make me wonder if i am still a "fan"... im not going to go out and wear drew Bledose or Clint Stoerner jerseys or paint my face with Blue objects that resemble stars to prove my loyalty to this team. but im willling to pay 300 per night for a room close to where the boys play on Sundays or drive 500+ miles to catch a game on the coast!

granted when i followed this team in the 90s i knew what number joe fishback or alfredo roberts sported on the bench, that fanaticism doesnt translate to the current boys... and sometimes i wonder why? when Irvin was in trouble i defended him unlike owens! when Aikman threw a poor pass i blew it off when haters ragged on him now im forced to agree with haters when they bash Romo...

basicly i am stuck cheering for the star... im sorry i have to cut this off but u know what i mean... something is wrong if tom Landry was in effect a god send jerry jones is close to satan on earth or at least satan in Dallas!
Is this a swan song? Whatever would we do without your garbled thoughts?

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
MONT17;2658761 said:

If you're wondering, maybe you're not a fan! We as fans haven't been able to truly cheer for players for more than 3-4 year increments since the inception of free agency so it's more about the team itself rather than the players. There are plenty of players around the NFL that I like, but the only ones I support are the 53 on Dallas' roster.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am curious why would you buy a clint stoerner or drew bledsoe jersey in 2009, we have a brilliant young franchise qb...Maybe you should start with his jersey?

Just a thought.

and where the heck would you find a stoerner jersey anyway.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2659004 said:
I am curious why would you buy a clint stoerner or drew bledsoe jersey in 2009
I wondered that also but was too afraid of the answer to ask.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
:flipflop::spanking:Get a hold of yourself man...

rathalarge

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2658763 said:
If you have to wonder "if you are still a fan"....

THEN YOU NO LONGER ARE!!!

Agreed!! I have been a Cowboys fan for 30 years, through thick and thin!!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Well Some of these players are not exactly easy to like or cheer for. The only reason I cheer for some of these Idiot players is because they have a star on their Helmet.

I will always be a fan....PERIOD. wheather I'm calling for Peoples head, or calling players bumbs or drinking cool-aid is another story. That's all part of being a fan. You go through lows and highs. The true fans are still here.

IMO you are a real fan that is just PISSED OFF about teh current state of the cowboys. From the 5-11 seasons to promise, to throwing it all in the trash last year. It's tough man, just hang in there.

bigE79

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2658913 said:
I am a lifer.

And I can't get enough of every litte nook and cranny of this team.
DC...although i dont always agree with some of your posts,you are dead on with this one:bow:...GO COWBOYS:starspin

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2658763 said:
If you have to wonder "if you are still a fan"....

THEN YOU NO LONGER ARE!!!

I'm not sure the OP has ever been a fan. That's why he's on ignore.