This hurts worse than the 49er loss

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The 49ers just bashed our brains out. You might sit there the day after and contemplate the legitimacy of ur football team, but you aren't haunted with The What Ifs.

There are sooooooooooooo many things last night, even down to the bounce of a football, that if it JUST had bounced this way, instead of that way....we win.

Those are the most painful to me.....because I can't let it go that if the stupid football just wouldn't have taken that 1 in a 100 bounce right into their arms, we win. If a play had just gone ONE more yard....which is nothing at full game speed..we win. If a guy just doesn't lose focus and moves before the snap....we win.

Just keep replying that in my mind.

And knowing how different today would have felt, had any one of those random situations just gone differently. And how much different the NFC East would have been.

We tell ourselves that we'll face them again....but that is a far far different reality than what would have been had things just gone sliiiightly different last night....

From king of the Hill, to fighting for Wild Card positioning....with a real chance of missing the playoffs if we have any more lapses.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'd disagree respectfully. 49er's took our lunch money and then ate the food in front of us. At least this game, I saw fight, just came up short due to miscues. That's what my eyes sought. Still work to get over the hump, but some progress.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The 49ers just bashed our brains out. You might sit there the day after and contemplate the legitimacy of ur football team, but you aren't haunted with The What Ifs.

There are sooooooooooooo many things last night, even down to the bounce of a football, that if it JUST had bounced this way, instead of that way....we win.

Those are the most painful to me.....because I can't let it go that if the stupid football just wouldn't have taken that 1 in a 100 bounce right into their arms, we win. If a play had just gone ONE more yard....which is nothing at full game speed..we win. If a guy just doesn't lose focus and moves before the snap....we win.

And knowing how different today would have felt, had any one of those random situations just gone differently. And how much different the NFC East would have been.

We tell ourselves that we'll face them again....but that is a far far different reality than what would have been had things just gone sliiiightly different.
Gotta disagree on this one. While no loss ever feels good, usually (for me anyway) this is the time when reality sets in that we just aren’t that good….again.

I don’t have that feeling today. A couple of individual performances aside, I feel as if they are capable of beating anyone, and this team is better than those of the very recent past.

Just need a damn break or two. The ball bounced in some ridiculous ways yesterday.

Praxit

Reaction score
..meh, the Miner loss was like. >>> ***<<<< happened?

At least, we went 15 rounds with Beags.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I'd disagree respectfully. 49er's took our lunch money and then ate the food in front of us. At least this game, I saw fight, just came up short due to miscues. That's what my eyes sought. Still work to get over the hump, but some progress.
From a hope standpoint I agree....but just from a gut punch standpoint, this is like finding a 10 million dollar diamond on the deck of a cruise ship, and then slipping on a banana peel and dropping the diamond into the ocean.

You had it....in your hands.....with aaalllll the benefits that would have gone with it, had you just not let it slip from your grasp

It's the having a thing, then losing it (like us with this win)....versus never having it to begin with and not knowing what you're missing out on (like StillTheGuru with a woman).

GUT PUNCH

Carson

Reaction score
0% agreed.

49ers made us question if we were even a playoff team.

We should’ve beat the team to beat in their house with the refs against us. We didnt end up the better team. But this showed we are contenders and for real.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I agree in a way kind of. The 9ers game was embarrassing and losses like that make you wonder how bad the team really is. But games like yesterday are bad also because it shows the same ineptitude of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The typical failing dallas loss and let down.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
0% agreed.

49ers made us question if we were even a playoff team.

We should’ve beat the team to beat in their house with the refs against us. We didnt end up the better team. But this showed we are contenders and for real.
You don't sit there thinking about that stupid football.....knowing if it had juuuuust taking that extra rotational degree, it would have bounced a different direction...to one of our guys? And that it happened THREE times? If that happened 100 more times then maybe 4 or 5 times they recover all 3 fumbles.

THAT DOESNT DRIVE YOU CRAZY?

IT changed the whole course of our season.

Nexx

Reaction score
after the Rangers won the World Series, I can almost careless what this team does.

Loso86

Reaction score

We tell ourselves that we'll face them again....but that is a far far different reality than what would have been had things just gone sliiiightly different last night....

From king of the Hill, to fighting for Wild Card positioning....with a real chance of missing the playoffs if we have any more lapses.
Well I respectively disagree

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I agree in a way kind of. The 9ers game was embarrassing and losses like that make you wonder how bad the team really is. But games like yesterday are bad also because it shows the same ineptitude of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The typical failing dallas loss and let down.
We know that if the ball had taken a different bounce in SF, or 1 or 2 plays have gone for a yard more here or there, we STILL would have lost by 100. I don't lie awake thinking of that. It's the random loss like last night I just can't accept and process.

I guess it's just a 4 stages of grief thing.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
You don't sit there thinking about that stupid football.....knowing if it had juuuuust taking that extra rotational degree, it would have bounced a different direction...to one of our guys? And that it happened THREE times? If that happened 100 more times then maybe 4 or 5 times they recover all 3 fumbles.

THAT DOESNT DRIVE YOU CRAZY?

IT changed the whole course of our season.
That’s bait

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Big picture we were hurt badly yesterday.

We aren’t a go on the road and win a playoff game kinda team.

All 3 of our losses this season are road losses.

The positive was Dak played great football yesterday outside of his blunder at the end.

Mark

Reaction score
DAL isn't going to beat PHI three times in a single season. With this very competitive loss out of the way, they're now free to capture the next two.