This hurts worse than the 49er loss

baltcowboy

Reaction score
0% agreed.

49ers made us question if we were even a playoff team.

We should’ve beat the team to beat in their house with the refs against us. We didnt end up the better team. But this showed we are contenders and for real.
I hope I am wrong but this game showed me that if the 49ers are healthy, no one is beating them from the NFC. A healthy San Francisco team would destroy both us and the Eagles.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but this game showed me that if the 49ers are healthy, no one is beating them from the NFC. A healthy San Francisco team would destroy both us and the Eagles.
Balt, why do you think people fall for this guys nonsense? He’s as transparent as a see through nightie.

Carson

Reaction score
You don't sit there thinking about that stupid football.....knowing if it had juuuuust taking that extra rotational degree, it would have bounced a different direction...to one of our guys? And that it happened THREE times? If that happened 100 more times then maybe 4 or 5 times they recover all 3 fumbles.

THAT DOESNT DRIVE YOU CRAZY?

IT changed the whole course of our season.
Is what it is.
We will see them again at 9-3.

If not, it’s football. Not losing sleep over it

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Well.....we played Philly equally tough last year too.

And then they just beat the hail out of SF....beat them into the ground, put their QB in the hospital....and then knocked the backup out of the game too. They just physically dominated them in every conceivable way....just like SF did to us.

I think it's just a match up league....where certain styles just match up better vs certain teams.

Like the way AZ just has our number ...even though they aren't good....or Wash always gives Phil a run for their money even when they suck.

For whatever reason....SF just .matches up great against us, even though they don't play well against teams that are on par with us.

Weird league

Last edited:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Is what it is.
We will see them again at 9-3.

If not, it’s football. Not losing sleep over it
I try to tell myself to see it that way.....(it's logical afterall)....but I just can't.

I'm just too big of a Cowboy fan I guess.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The 49ers just bashed our brains out. You might sit there the day after and contemplate the legitimacy of ur football team, but you aren't haunted with The What Ifs.

There are sooooooooooooo many things last night, even down to the bounce of a football, that if it JUST had bounced this way, instead of that way....we win.

Those are the most painful to me.....because I can't let it go that if the stupid football just wouldn't have taken that 1 in a 100 bounce right into their arms, we win. If a play had just gone ONE more yard....which is nothing at full game speed..we win. If a guy just doesn't lose focus and moves before the snap....we win.

Just keep replying that in my mind.

And knowing how different today would have felt, had any one of those random situations just gone differently. And how much different the NFC East would have been.

We tell ourselves that we'll face them again....but that is a far far different reality than what would have been had things just gone sliiiightly different last night....

From king of the Hill, to fighting for Wild Card positioning....with a real chance of missing the playoffs if we have any more lapses.
This does not come close to the Whiner loss!
We got dominated in every way possible. The Whiners looked like the better team by far.

In this game, I actually think we looked like the better team.

This game sucked we lost, but it gives me confidence we can beat the Ugles, when we met them in a few weeks, and in the playoffs.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
You need to get where I am and don't really even care after they lose now.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I’d hope what we’d learn is that in a knockout playoff format, making assertions as if they are ironclad locks will just end up making you look silly.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No it really doesn't. Being a division game and playing twice a year the Cowboys do not normally get swept by the igglets. If you are being honest before the season and even during the season you have them splitting the games 1-1. Now it would be a letdown if they beat Dallas on their home turf in arlington.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The 49ers just bashed our brains out. You might sit there the day after and contemplate the legitimacy of ur football team, but you aren't haunted with The What Ifs.

There are sooooooooooooo many things last night, even down to the bounce of a football, that if it JUST had bounced this way, instead of that way....we win.

Those are the most painful to me.....because I can't let it go that if the stupid football just wouldn't have taken that 1 in a 100 bounce right into their arms, we win. If a play had just gone ONE more yard....which is nothing at full game speed..we win. If a guy just doesn't lose focus and moves before the snap....we win.

Just keep replying that in my mind.

And knowing how different today would have felt, had any one of those random situations just gone differently. And how much different the NFC East would have been.

We tell ourselves that we'll face them again....but that is a far far different reality than what would have been had things just gone sliiiightly different last night....

From king of the Hill, to fighting for Wild Card positioning....with a real chance of missing the playoffs if we have any more lapses.
Respectfully must disagree with you on this one.

The 9ers game instilled a belief that from a player standpoint we weren’t close to matching-up, from a schematic point-of-view we were outwitted, and just simply from a team philosophical perspective we were looking in the wrong direction.

So, after hurdle no. 1 we really shouldn’t have set the bar very high for hurdle no. 2.

In Philly, the team responded with a TD after an early deficit following a simple ho-hum opening Birds scoring drive. Then again after going down 28-17 the team didn’t pack it in. I for one am guilty of posting (last night) something along the lines of “That will do it.”, expecting the inevitable oncoming avalanche. But again, the team responded.

We dogged Gallup for dropping a pass then later in the game he somehow maintained focus for a critical catch while Bradburry was in his grill. We hammered the defense then they bowed-up giving the offense more opportunities to get it done. Lamb with an early drop but came back to have another monster game. We ridiculed Tyron for being made of glass then the future HOF’er gave us all the bird and played a solid game. Dalton who? How you feelin’ about Ferguson’s potential now? Our QB who’s skewered on the daily plays one of the best games I’ve seen him play. Yes, I'll concede that the last min. of the game boner-ball was collectively being played to which our QB played a role.

O.k. so we didn’t win, but you had to know we weren’t the most talented team on the field, and we were playing a team with tremendous homefield advantage, therefore the team’s execution had to be better. It just wasn’t good enough, but at least you should have regained a sense that the Cowboys can beat any given team on a given night.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’d hope what we’d learn is that in a knockout playoff format, making assertions as if they are ironclad locks will just end up making you look silly.
How is an opinion make someone look silly? I hope I am wrong. I just call it I see it.