This is about ENUFF!

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Listen guys, Ive read alot of posts by people saying that if T.O were signed they would give up being a fan of the Cowboys. Thats ABSURD and heres why......Ive been a fan of this TEAM for 30 years now, and THATS what its really all about, THE TEAM.

Sure, im a fan of players, but with me anyway its always been about the TEAM. The TEAM comes first, ALWAYS. Back in the day I was a pretty big fan of Ken Norton jr, but the minute he signed with the niners I was done with him. He wasnt a Cowboy anymore so why would I care. TEAM over like or dislike of players. Any other way of thinking is childish IMO. You wanna turn in your fandom over ONE player????YEARS of rooting your butt off for the team, Go ahead, you were never a real fan anyway then....................

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
Listen guys, Ive read alot of posts by people saying that if T.O were signed they would give up being a fan of the Cowboys. Thats ABSURD and heres why......Ive been a fan of this TEAM for 30 years now, and THATS what its really all about, THE TEAM.

Sure, im a fan of players, but with me anyway its always been about the TEAM. The TEAM comes first, ALWAYS. Back in the day I was a pretty big fan of Ken Norton jr, but the minute he signed with the niners I was done with him. He wasnt a Cowboy anymore so why would I care. TEAM over like or dislike of players. Any other way of thinking is childish IMO. You wanna turn in your fandom over ONE player????YEARS of rooting your butt off for the team, Go ahead, you were never a real fan anyway then....................
No its not absurd. Your a funny man.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
.....YES, it IS ABSURD. What about the YEARS of following the team? All the highs and lows of being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys? What about ALL the other players on the team that you are a fan of? You just turn your back on the whole team because we signed ONE guy you dont like?? SOME FAN!

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
.....YES, it IS ABSURD. What about the YEARS of following the team? All the highs and lows of being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys? What about ALL the other players on the team that you are a fan of? You just turn your back on the whole team because we signed ONE guy you dont like?? SOME FAN!
Read my post in the 'Im disappointed' thread, just posted should be last one or close to that.

Tell me if I am really wong.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
I guess in a way you are right Ashwynn. I AM a FUNNY man, different thinking in todays society. Nowadays it seem alot of the times what RIGHT is considered WRONG and whats WRONG is considered RIGHT. Tell ya what though, im glad im different. Wouldnt have it any other way. Tell ya something else, no way, NO HOW signing one player is ever gonna make me give up 30 years of being a Dallas Cowboys fan. NO WAY......

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
I guess in a way you are right Ashwynn. I AM a FUNNY man, different thinking in todays society. Nowadays it seem alot of the times what RIGHT is considered WRONG and whats WRONG is considered RIGHT. Tell ya what though, im glad im different. Wouldnt have it any other way. Tell ya something else, no way, NO HOW signing one player is ever gonna make me give up 30 years of being a Dallas Cowboys fan. NO WAY......
When youfind something you believe in so strong, and then that is treathened in any way, you will stand up and defend it. You should. If you hae any pride in yourself. youwould have too.

I too am glad I am different. I know my stand is strange and seems wrong to pple, But I am happy and know I am doing the right thing.

Just yesterday my son asked me about terrell coming here. He said. 'So terrell is coming to dallas, ho are you gunna handle that? I told him what I told youguys, Hes a scum and I wont rot for a team that has him on it. That blew my son away. He was not expecting that answer. He asked if I would really not root for the boys, then said, wow. That right there made it worth it. He knows I aint caving in to pressure or taking the easy way out and going back on my word.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Read my post in the 'Im disappointed' thread, just posted should be last one or close to that.

Tell me if I am really wong.
Well, you do make somewhat of a good point there, I have to admit that. But listen, im no fan of Owens the PERSON either, as a player he's great, as a person THE WAY THE MEDIA portrays him anyway he doesnt seem very good at all. But I think of it this way.....If my daughter brought home some utter bum and told me she was going to marry him, would I just cut her out of my life??? NO , I wouldnt, because even though I dont like the man she married that doesnt change the fact that I love and support my daughter. See what I mean..... BTW...I have a daughter but she's only 13 and a longggggggggggggggg way off from being married...LOL. Just used that as a way to make a point.

Bullet22

Reaction score
I started watching the Boys in 1965, I believe most of the one's who cry about TO are spoiled brat preteen's who are used to getting their way and if they don't they cry to mommy and daddy..TO is a Cowboy now, so see you babies later...:flagwave:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Is there really a legtimate need for anymore of thsese threads?

What is the point?