This Is An Undisciplined Team

MikeB80

Reaction score
They are talented NOT developed lol...Jaylon is just injury free now..hasnt really gotten better still cant cover ...Chido 0 improvement..Lewis probably our best 2ndary playmaker doesnt get paying time...our young TEs 0 improvements...

oh ok.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Two of the penalties were on Bennett for offsides, etc and he has only been on the team a week, its hard to put that on the coaches.

The Woods taunting call was a joke and I really don't mind Quinn getting 15 yards for hitting Will Hernandez because Hernandez richly deserved it at that point.

Two of the penalties were on Tyron, who is playing through an injury that would keep most players off the field.

Also the March-Lillard "excessive pulling" penalty for pulling a player off the pile never gets called, the refs did that purely to try to settle the game down.

That is 7 of the 10 penalties called yesterday. The Giants had 8.

In summary - Penalties in a Division game? Who knew????
I disagree on the March penalty. That's a rule they almost always call.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Jason is not good after bye (not surprised). I believe we were dominated last year after bye by Titans. This team is poorly coached. The slow starts and penalties.

Flamma

Reaction score
The OP has a legit concern. Even in 2016 we had a penalty problem but the team played relatively mistake free. So they overcame it. But now that we have both going on it's a bit troubling. Can't be playing behind the sticks all game, the better teams don't do that.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dallas is 11th in the number of penalties and 2nd in penalty yards in 2019. They are also top 5 in dropped passes.

I don't see how anyone can defend JG any longer.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Are u seriously saying Dallas is good at development? Its 1 of the biggest things last 20 years ..that Dallas players have talent & feel privileged...they never develop...
It's not true that the players you posted had zero development. It's just not.

Sydla

Reaction score
We're the 11th most penalized. But the 2nd in yardage. Offensive holding is the most frequent.

11th in total but some teams ahead of us have played 9 games.

We only played 8. Per game, we are top ten.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
11th in total but some teams ahead of us have played 9 games.

We only played 8. Per game, we are top ten.
Whatever, I wasn't posting the rankings as if I thought it was a good thing.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I disagree on the March penalty. That's a rule they almost always call.

I haven't seen it in our games for sure. Its a new penalty this year, do you know how many times it has been called so far in 2019?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Garrett teams have been undisciplined and unprepared for years.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Development and discipline are not the same.

This is an example, and fabricated for example use only.

Tank can get to the QB. He has many moves now. Some he did not have when he first started with Dallas. That is development. (Fact)

But let's say Tank gets several off sides penalties a game. That is discipline. Not the same as development. (example)

One might make this argument about the offensive line. We sure made that argument about Flozell Adams.He was almost a drinking game when he played tackle. False Start number 76, offense.

Or Witten. He seems to have gotten his false starts under control, but there were seasons where he was just going to do that at least once a game.

So it might be said - even though this will jinx the dookie out of Witten - that he has become a more disciplined player in regard to false starts.

Or, he is so old, even if he starts before the ball is snapped, it is still snapped before he can get his old butt to move.

I love me some Witten, that is for comedic relief only.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dallas is 11th in the number of penalties and 2nd in penalty yards in 2019. They are also top 5 in dropped passes.

I don't see how anyone can defend JG any longer.

Well hopefully Garrett will use his Stern voice this week when he tells them to stop getting penalties and catch balls that are thrown to you. Who knew that professional athletes didn't know you couldn't break the rules and had to catch balls.. wild. I thought they would have covered those topics in the last 10 years of HS, College and Pro football playing but evidently not, it's all up to Garrett. The player, the one that is actually out on the field being paid quite well to do their job by the way, doesn't have any role in it.. it's all Garrett. Makes complete and total sense.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I dont know about that. The turnovers are a problem.

Not sure you can make the case via penalties however.

and I am glad Lawrence go the penalty he did in the fourth quarter. Hernandez needed to get his and DLaw slid down and played right over the top of him and when the ball was snapped he threw him to the ground and then told him about hit. 15 well earned yards in my book.

We took some dumb penalties but I still cannot see how Hernandez got nothing despite being in the middle of every encounter

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I haven't seen it in our games for sure. Its a new penalty this year, do you know how many times it has been called so far in 2019?
Not off hand, I just recall it being taken serious. It's not a new rule this year. It goes back to at least 2015, I remember the Seahawks getting one.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Well hopefully Garrett will use his Stern voice this week when he tells them to stop getting penalties and catch balls that are thrown to you. Who knew that professional athletes didn't know you couldn't break the rules and had to catch balls.. wild. I thought they would have covered those topics in the last 10 years of HS, College and Pro football playing but evidently not, it's all up to Garrett. The player, the one that is actually out on the field being paid quite well to do their job by the way, doesn't have any role in it.. it's all Garrett. Makes complete and total sense.

Buddy Rich was the greatest drummer ever. But he had a drum instructor who could not play as well as he.

Why?

Because coaching, or instructing reminds the player of the small things they are allowing to slip back into their repertoire.

This team does not have a coaching staff who demands those little things are corrected. It has nothing to do with high school or how long they have played. It has to do with practice and repetition and a task master who demands excellence.

The only thing one might associate the term master with Garrett is the woman who dresses in leather and carries a whip when he is tied up and licking her high heels.

This teams needs a hard-arse head coach. Fear is what these players need to experience. You can bet most of the players on the Patriots fear Belichick.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not off hand, I just recall it being taken serious. It's not a new rule this year. It goes back to at least 2015, I remember the Seahawks getting one.

My bad then, the announcers said it was a new rule this year. I never saw it called before but that doesn't mean a lot.

It also seems stupid because the intent of the rule has to be stopping players from pulling an opponent away from a scrum for a fumble, which wasn't happening on that play. The Giants were just piling on a kick returner, not fighting for a loose ball.