This is really sinking in now

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I feel like I've been tricked, I thought this team was different, special...I've been bleeding blue and silver since 94, just more of the same. This one hurt almost as much as losing to the 49ers my first year as a fan. Just had to vent a little, thanks if you read this all the way through and as always go Cowboys, I just can't quit this team.

Lucky you. You missed Super Bowl V, where the Colts only TD was a 75 yard deflected pass and run, Dave Manders recovered a fumble at their one and the refs pointed the Colts way as he was showing them the ball, and Craig Morton. You missed the two Super Bowl losses to the Steelers. You missed The Catch. You missed 3 NFC title game losses in a row. You missed 4-24 Landry's last season and Jimmy's first.

Compared to all of that, yesterday was rather tame. It's just the freshest. 21 years without a conference title game appearance only makes it worse. :(

faninjersey

Reaction score
We said it in 2007, and at that team had a franchise qb, Witten was younger, and also had a prime Demarcus Ware. So what makes this team different?

This OLine is also younger, and has been referred to, as one of the best units in the NFL. I think we have more future pieces

negativecreep

Reaction score
Lucky you. You missed Super Bowl V, where the Colts only TD was a 75 yard deflected pass and run, Dave Manders recovered a fumble at their one and the refs pointed the Colts way as he was showing them the ball, and Craig Morton. You missed the two Super Bowl losses to the Steelers. You missed The Catch. You missed 3 NFC title game losses in a row. You missed 4-24 Landry's last season and Jimmy's first.

Compared to all of that, yesterday was rather tame. It's just the freshest. 21 years without a conference title game appearance only makes it worse. :(
Well, thanks for making feel a bit better, I mean that. I've seen highlites of the loss to the Colts, I always changed the channel with about a third of the game left because I knew what was coming. The only SB I've witnessed with the Cowboys in SB XXX..we beat the Steelers(thanks Niel). I can't even fathom making it to the SB and losing. Props to you guys and gals that have been diehards before me. I'll never give up on this team.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm already pretty much over it. It's disappointing, but the future is so bright with this team, I'm not going to beat myself up over this loss.

At this point, I'm looking forward to seeing our guys play one last time in the probowl, then I'm moving onto draft.
I'd prefer you beat yourself down and blame coaches, Jerry, Dak, etc. Only then will you be normal. :rolleyes:

dware94

Reaction score
The NFL is a year to year league with injuries, salary cap, and schedule alignment. We are bound to have a lot of new faces next year (could be better/worse), which is why I can't put on the rose colored glasses for next year. We had a great opportunity this year much like '07 and let it slip away. That burns me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL is a year to year league with injuries, salary cap, and schedule alignment. We are bound to have a lot of new faces next year (could be better/worse), which is why I can't put on the rose colored glasses for next year. We had a great opportunity this year much like '07 and let it slip away. That burns me.

I would agree with that if the QB wasn't a rookie. I don't think any team starting a rookie QB let a great opportunity slip away from them when they fail to do what no team has ever done. That's fan nonsense.

dware94

Reaction score
I would agree with that if the QB wasn't a rookie. I don't think any team starting a rookie QB let a great opportunity slip away from them when they fail to do what no team has ever done. That's fan nonsense.

If you don't think home field throughout the playoffs is an opportunity, I don't know what to tell you. Rookie QB or not, we won 13 games with him. It's not like we snuck into the playoffs. Not being able to win one playoff game is disappointing.