This is sobering

rockj7

Reaction score
Kuno9AJ.jpg

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
To be honest, I couldn't give a **** about what's happened since 1997. The team was completely talent deprived for the early 2000s. I'm more troubled by missing the playoffs over the past four years. Those were prime years for a statistically brilliant quarterback.

OhSnap

Reaction score
I wouldn't be anymore happy if they had 7 wins like the Jets.
If we grabbed a SB like the Rams or the Bucs 10 years ago I wouldn't like the last 5 years any more than I do today.
The other thing I see on that list is how few teams have had continuous success during that time.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ugly.

Just curious, why was the year 1997 used as a starting point?
It's not an round year like 20, 25 or 30 years ago.
Could it have been to maximize the very worst case for Dallas?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Ugly.

Definitely a Dallas centric timeframe. But since it is a Dallas focused board, any year between 1997 and 2000 is relevant...the team was in decline after 1996, the triplets began to fall off, and no doubt jerry was large and in charge for the rebuild after aikman, Irvin, deion, Lett, Haley, novacek, Johnston, et am began to move on.

DFWJC

Reaction score
To be honest, I couldn't give a **** about what's happened since 1997. The team was completely talent deprived for the early 2000s. I'm more troubled by missing the playoffs over the past four years. Those were prime years for a statistically brilliant quarterback.

I agree, that time frame is far more significant for those living in the present. It's also disturbing. My guess is that if the team made the playoffs the past three years, they would still not have won another playoff game. It's frustrating, nevertheless.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Ugly.

It fit the agenda!

Why not pick 1992 as a starting point for number of Super Bowl wins? And even include Super Bowl winning %?