This is the best Cowboys team since?

cowboyec

Reaction score
to my eyes...best over all team since 2016.
and rapidly becoming my favorite since the 2018 amari coooooooooper squad.
love watching these guys play.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I agree with the 2014 crowd. That was a really, really solid team that ended on a very poor note.

Aven8

Reaction score
Only two teams I fear are SF and KC. That’s how confident I am.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This team hasn't proven anything yet. In order to make that assessment we will have to see how they do in the playoffs. We've seen this before where they look like a real solid team during a portion of the season and then get their wheels blown off and are one and done. So rest your sphincters, we shall see eventually.

ghst187

Reaction score
Have to go with 2007. The O was amazing but the D was also pretty good. 2014 we were good but D was still pretty suspect. 2022, our D is amazing and O is capable of being amazing most games. Just a matter of them being consistent.

exciter

Reaction score
In the post SB hellscape Cowboys fans have been living in…

I believe this is the best team they have had since 2007. For me 2014 and 16 were good teams but the defense was trash. I never believed they could get a big stop when they needed it. 2007 could have been the year if Wade Phillips wasn’t the coach. I still think about how undisciplined it was for Romo to be in Mexico on the week off. Anyhow, I am fully on board with this team. The defense is the best in 25 plus years. They struggle with the run but the pass rush is incredible. The offense is starting to round into form which will put pressure on the opponents. Maher kicks 60 yarders. I believe in the coaching staff (although I think Moore is awful)

Best team in 15 years. Maybe more. Thoughts?
Since last year… until they do something more… that’s all they are!

CWR

Reaction score
This team is a Wild Card first round one and done until proven otherwise.

Actually if you really wanted to double down on history this team shouldn't even be in the playoffs. You know, because they can't ever seem to manage back to back winning seasons.

Who know, maybe this year changes. I've been saying it since before the season. I will not get hyped unless/until I see them playing good football in December. It seems the hype may be coming.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I believe this is the best team they have had since 2007. For me 2014 and 16 were good teams but the defense was trash. I never believed they could get a big stop when they needed it. 2007 could have been the year if Wade Phillips wasn’t the coach. I still think about how undisciplined it was for Romo to be in Mexico on the week off. Anyhow, I am fully on board with this team. The defense is the best in 25 plus years. They struggle with the run but the pass rush is incredible. The offense is starting to round into form which will put pressure on the opponents. Maher kicks 60 yarders. I believe in the coaching staff (although I think Moore is awful)

I’ll make my decision on where this Cowboys team ranks compared to other Cowboys teams once the regular season and playoffs are done. I’m certainly not going to make that call in November. Things could change very quickly in the next few weeks with Indianapolis, Houston and Jacksonville coming up. If we don’t show up for those games looking ahead to Philly we’ll be in trouble.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Let's revisit when we make the NFC Championship. We've been the #1 seed twice and failed to do that. This year we probably will be a WC team.

plasticman

Reaction score
I wrote an excel program a while back that rates each team's NFL season and I grade it based on won/lost record, points, yards, opponent point, opponent yards, and turnover margin rank. Each category is worth a tenth except for won/loss record which counts as five tenths or one half the entire grade.

The Cowboys are tie for 4th place in won/loss record. They are 1st in defensive points, 7th in defensive yardage, 6th in points, 11th in yardage, and 4th in turnover margin. using the formula, they grade out at 4.4, which is extremely interesting because the last time they had this exact score was last season, in 2021.

The next closest is a score is 4.5 which was the 2007 season.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This team would trounce the 1995 team, I'd bet.

And every team since then.. I hate to say it, but even with my beloved Romo, this team wins, I think.

All conjecture. We'll never find out, so these conversations aren't as interesting to me as they are for some because of that

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree with almost everything here WJ. But I also personally don’t judge a team compared to any other team until the season is over. This team certainly has a lot more potential than any team since 2007.

But until they actually win a divisional round playoff game and advance to an NFC championship game, I will just say this team has great potential. After 27 years I have become a “I will believe it when it happens” person.