This is the best draft class I have seen in maybe forever

cowboys2233

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2277930 said:
Ware, Spears, Barber, Canty, Ratliff.

Not even close.

Both very good. But that's what it's all about. And you know what? I was watching the 1995 playoff game against the Green Bay Packers this weekend and while I don't think they were nearly as good at that point as the 1992-1993 Cowboys, I thought they were still among the very best teams we've ever had. But...

2008 Cowboys > 1995 Cowboys IMO.

And with the aforementioned draft classes, astute FA pickups and ridiculous number of picks we have next year, we ain't going anywhere for awhile.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
juckie;2277899 said:
Felix
Jenkins
Bennett
Scandrick

all gonna be top players.

Talented bunch of kids but we're coaching 'em up, too. Garrett is using his students wisely, IMO.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2278177 said:

Dallas Cowboys Drafted:

1st Rd Randy White
1st Rd Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson
2nd Rd Burton Lawless
3rd Rd Bob Breuning
4th Rd Pat Donavan
4th Rd Randy Hughes
5th Rd Kyle Davis
6th Rd Roland Woolsey
7th Rd Mike Hegman
8th Rd Mitch Hoops
9th Rd Ed Jones
10th Rd Dennis Booker
11th Rd Greg Krpalek
12th Rd Charles Bland
13th Rd Herb Scott
14th Rd Scott Laidlaw
15th Rd Willie Hamilton
16th Rd Pete Clark
17th Rd Jim Testerman

This, IMO, was probably our best draft every but that's only my opinion.
I would probably bold Ed Jones name too. Too Tall was no slouch.

Or was this a different Ed Jones? Seems to me Too Tall was drafted in 1974.

Nexx

Reaction score
for instant impact since game one, i might agree.

dalexa1824

Reaction score
ThanksABQ cowboy. I believe that 13 of these rookies made the squad. Didn't they lead us to the Superbowl that year? Did Hollywood Henderson have a 60 yd kickoff return in the Superbowl?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LeonDixson;2278737 said:

Your correction is correct Leon.

Too-Tall came out as a #1 in 1974.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2278177 said:

Dallas Cowboys Drafted:

1st Rd Randy White
1st Rd Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson
2nd Rd Burton Lawless
3rd Rd Bob Breuning
4th Rd Pat Donavan
4th Rd Randy Hughes
5th Rd Kyle Davis
6th Rd Roland Woolsey
7th Rd Mike Hegman
8th Rd Mitch Hoops
9th Rd Ed Jones
10th Rd Dennis Booker
11th Rd Greg Krpalek
12th Rd Charles Bland
13th Rd Herb Scott
14th Rd Scott Laidlaw
15th Rd Willie Hamilton
16th Rd Pete Clark
17th Rd Jim Testerman

This, IMO, was probably our best draft every but that's only my opinion.

man I wans't even a twinkle in my fathers eyes during that draft.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2278737 said:

Yeah, I probably should have said Ed (Not Too Tall) Jones right there. Too Tall was actually drafted with the 1st pick of the 1974 Draft out of Tennessee State. Just so happens that the Cowboys also drafted another Ed Jones in 75. Not the same guy thou.

I'll tell ya, it's amazing what you forget over time. I was rewatching the Hail Mary Game the other day and Too Tall was simply amazing when he was young. I watched him apply pressure on one play, only to turn around and chase down the ball from the backside at the end of the play. I remember thinking to myself, man, he looked a little bit like DWare on that play. He was really a good player. Very under rated in Cowboys History IMO.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2279192 said:
Yeah, I probably should have said Ed (Not Too Tall) Jones right there. Too Tall was actually drafted with the 1st pick of the 1974 Draft out of Tennessee State. Just so happens that the Cowboys also drafted another Ed Jones in 75. Not the same guy thou.

I'll tell ya, it's amazing what you forget over time. I was rewatching the Hail Mary Game the other day and Too Tall was simply amazing when he was young. I watched him apply pressure on one play, only to turn around and chase down the ball from the backside at the end of the play. I remember thinking to myself, man, he looked a little bit like DWare on that play. He was really a good player. Very under rated in Cowboys History IMO.
Agreed. Too Tall was one of my favorites. I remember when he retired to become a boxer. I feared for his life, lol. I'm just glad he came back to the Cowboys where he belonged.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2279289 said:
Agreed. Too Tall was one of my favorites. I remember when he retired to become a boxer. I feared for his life, lol. I'm just glad he came back to the Cowboys where he belonged.

No kidding. Those little short guys almost killed him.

:laugh2:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Best? I'm not sure... but it certainly belongs in the conversation... and that is really good news for Dallas fans. Having a great class in '05 and then one in '08 is awesome. That's the kind of thing that can make a team dominant, even in the salary cap era.

Ware
Spears
Burnett
Barber
Canty
Ratliff
Felix
Jenkins
Bennett
Choice
Scandrick

That's a decent portion of a very good team right there.

newlander

Reaction score
I'm VERY happy with it: good lord, it's humiliating to think I had doubts about Felix...........yikes...............Bennett might have more upside than any of them...good God he's a monster if his head is on right....Jenkins: good tackling and cover skills last night. Scandrik: decent, nice special teamer that will get more time in coverage.

PS:Don't forget Choice: he WILL get carries this year as the season grinds on. And he made a nice ST's play last night too!