This is the game that will determine Garrett's future with the Cowboys

GenoT

Reaction score
What are the chances Garrett gets out-coached by Belichick in NE...?

Gee, that’s a tough one.

Considering all the disappointments Garrett has provided during his HC tenure, it’s fairly doubtful that a loss to the 8-1 Pats in their house is gonna be the final straw that persuades Jerry to fire his golden boy.

visionary

Reaction score
The odds are certainly not good but sure, they still have a chance of doing that. Do you remember Barry Switzer?

Very well
That team was built and trained by Jimmy and way better than this one

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
it better not

can’t wipe away 10 years of garbage mediocrity with one win

to win a SB a team has to win 3-4 consecutive games against the best teams. With Garrett as our HC we have no chance of doing that

Exactly right.

And those 3-4 teams will have elite QBs against our defense which couldn’t stop Jeff Driskel.

Nothing has changed around here in ten years and this year will be no different.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I agree that this is the game but not for Garrett's future. If the Cowboys win, it will be considered an upset, not the size of the Jets over the Cowboys but still an upset.

Lose and Garrett is safe because he wasn't supposed to beat the best in the game. Win and the reason to keep him without reservation is there for Booger. He's looking for a reason to explain what he's already planning on doing.

Rocky, Booger has been preparing the fans all season long with dropped hints at what he's planning on doing, if he hasn't already done it and just waiting to announce it.
I dont know where you're getting that. In Jerry's comments this morning hes basically saying this game is important for the future. Garrett is gone if we dont make the NFCCG. I dont know why Jerry's comments regarding how we need more playoff success dont register with some people. Stephen will be walking Garrett into his new office in the Star with Will McClay. He wont be resigned unless we have success

Zordon

Reaction score
that’s going to determine Garrett’s future with the Dallas Cowboys. If he gets out coached by Belichek, which the odds favor he will, then I truly believe he’s gone after this season unless they make the SB.
You been hacked?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You been hacked?
Not sure why you think that. I've been questioning Garrett's coaching ability for a few years now. I think Marinelli needs to go. I think the special teams coach needs to go. I defend Dak because I think he's a damn good QB. People like to throw labels around because you believe one way or the other. I throw the hater label around to those that ALWAYS hate. I don't always be a homer but I will defend a player or coach who I think is going to help the team. I'm a big Moore fan as well as Richards. I don't like Jerry the GM but love him as an owner. I'm on the fence about Stephen. Can't quite figure him out yet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only remaining regular season games, Jones is likely weighing heavily, are the Eagles and Washington at the end of next month. Not winning one or both games puts any postseason appearance in serious jeopardy without taking the Patriots, Bills, Bears and Rams into consideration. Jones would then turn his attention to how he judges Garrett coaches [each] playoff game if the team does qualify for the postseason.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
that’s going to determine Garrett’s future with the Dallas Cowboys. If he gets out coached by Belichek, which the odds favor he will, then I truly believe he’s gone after this season unless they make the SB.

I wish that were true. Sadly, Garrett can probably only do well in Jerrys eyes. If he wins this game, then he probably wraps up a new contract right there. If we lose, Jerry has every excuse in the book.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We shall see my friend.
When's Oyster Fest over there?
I just know I missed it...

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we beat the Pats by 30 (haha) and then lose in the wildcard round it will mean zero.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I wish that were true. Sadly, Garrett can probably only do well in Jerrys eyes. If he wins this game, then he probably wraps up a new contract right there. If we lose, Jerry has every excuse in the book.
I think folks are down playing the fact that Jerry didn’t extend Garrett and forced him to coach this year without one and making it a prove it or lose it year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We shall see my friend.
When's Oyster Fest over there?
I just know I missed it...
It’s usually in March in Rockport. I stay away these days because it’s so crowded. Snowbirds are still in full force and all the yahoos from Houston, San Antonio and Austin are there. But it’s a good time if you can deal with the crowds and the traffic. Lots of stuff to do.