This is the game the Cowboys can’t lose

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Can’t lose to the Eagles and expect to win the division. A loss here and I could see this season slowly falling apart from the seams. This is why we pay Dak the big bucks. We expect him to show up!!!!! Take care of your damn business Cowboys and slaughter these dirty birds. I want a mugging. I want us to beat them down!! These Eagles do not play by the rules so if there is any funny business going on I want to see McCarthy throw a haymaker if he wants!

ICP

Reaction score
With the schedule Dallas has down the stretch, it could be difficult to win the division if we fall two games behind Philly with a loss this weekend.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Can’t lose to the Eagles and expect to win the division. A loss here and I could see this season slowly falling apart from the seams. This is why we pay Dak the big bucks. We expect him to show up!!!!! Take care of your damn business Cowboys and slaughter these dirty birds. I want a mugging. I want us to beat them down!! These Eagles do not play by the rules so if there is any funny business going on I want to see McCarthy throw a haymaker if he wants!
Love the Cowboys,
But a loss is more probable than a win.
Vegas is Neutral and feels the same way.
Sorry

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
A win by the Eagles will send them spirally down with loss after loss after this game. Ask the 49ers!!!:lmao:

JustChip

Reaction score
I don’t get this. Unlike SF, the Cowboys play the Eagles twice. Essentially, you’re saying the only way for the Cowboys to win the Division is to sweep the Eagles. The most likely scenario from before the schedule was announced was a split of the games. They’re just to similar in capabilities and are division games.

Jipper

Reaction score
:oops:oh no, it's the dreaded must win game.
There is no way to rebound from this loss if it happens, the season is truly over:facepalm:

Or is it;)

Let's Go Cowboys!!! :flagwave:
Not a must win game....but a must win if they are going to have a shot at the division...

Lose this and they go 2.5 games back on the eagles which they could make up but is going to be pretty hard with their schedule down the stretch.

I'm ok with it being a must win to take the division...very critical for that actually

Einstein

Reaction score
Not sure since we're on the road. If we were home I might agree.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
I don’t get this. Unlike SF, the Cowboys play the Eagles twice. Essentially, you’re saying the only way for the Cowboys to win the Division is to sweep the Eagles. The most likely scenario from before the schedule was announced was a split of the games. They’re just to similar in capabilities and are division games.
Don’t want to be 5-3 with the Eagles being 8-1!!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Can't lose BOTH games to Philly and expect to win the division.

Could split though....and wouldn't matter if we won there or here.
Agreed. Every year I have us split with Philly. I also have them losing 1 out of the 4 games with Washington, and the Giants. Like last year. Has anyone seen their schedule? They got a tough stretch, and they aren't going to win every game. I could see at least 3 more losses for them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With the schedule Dallas has down the stretch, it could be difficult to win the division if we fall two games behind Philly with a loss this weekend.
I agree, because a loss on Sunday would put us 2.5 games back with Philly holding a tiebreaker. It would leave us with little room for error. We’ll be spending the second half of the season, depending on other teams to beat them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
what if Dak shows up. the offense shows up. score 38 points. and the defense gives up 40?

why is it always about Dak and what he has to do?

JustChip

Reaction score
Don’t want to be 5-3 with the Eagles being 8-1!!
No, but it doesn’t mean the Division is lost. It would almost assuredly make the game here a must win. Aside from that, it just means the Cowboys have to win 2 more game than the Eagles the rest of the way. I don’t see that as insurmountable.

Big D

Reaction score
I agree. I think this game is for the division. The 2nd game won't mean much.

Dunks3001

Reaction score
I’m not expecting the cowboys to win the NFC East this year. But I do think they’ll be a double digit win team and be in the playoffs. So, imo, this is the first out of potential 3 games against the Eagles. First two are practice and the third will be the one that counts.

DStar22

Reaction score
:oops:oh no, it's the dreaded must win game.
There is no way to rebound from this loss if it happens, the season is truly over:facepalm:

Or is it;)

Let's Go Cowboys!!! :flagwave:
if your goal is to get to a superbowl, you win this game.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree but not from a ‘make a statement’ point of view.

It’s not about trying to erase the SF disaster and prove we can hang. Not yet.

They need to win the division if they are realistically going anywhere on the postseason.

Without needing serious help from others, they have to beat Philly twice to make that happen.

Win the ugliest 10-9 game ever, but win it.