This is the game the Cowboys can’t lose

conner01

Reaction score
I agree but not from a ‘make a statement’ point of view.

It’s not about trying to erase the SF disaster and prove we can hang. Not yet.

They need to win the division if they are realistically going anywhere on the postseason.

Without needing serious help from others, they have to beat Philly twice to make that happen.

Win the ugliest 10-9 game ever, but win it.
It’s an important game no doubt.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Can’t lose to the Eagles and expect to win the division. A loss here and I could see this season slowly falling apart from the seams. This is why we pay Dak the big bucks. We expect him to show up!!!!! Take care of your damn business Cowboys and slaughter these dirty birds. I want a mugging. I want us to beat them down!! These Eagles do not play by the rules so if there is any funny business going on I want to see McCarthy throw a haymaker if he wants!
Weren’t we in a worse situation season when Eagles beat us with Rush at quarterback? You do know the Eagles had to win the final game last season to lock up the division. An important game no doubt but the Cowboys also have 3 home games against the Eagles, Lions, and Seahawks that might actually be more important as the season plays out.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
With the schedule Dallas has down the stretch, it could be difficult to win the division if we fall two games behind Philly with a loss this weekend.
Truth.

We already lost the tie breaker to SanFran.

Eagles will be a tough game.

Look for a lot of cover 2/3 and 2 man press. It works well vs a short passing game.

If they watched the Cards game film.....they know how to beat Dak.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Cowboys lose this game, it's last year all over again. If we lose, sure... we'll probably have a winning record and beat a SEA/DET/MIA type team later in the year the same way we did the Vikings last year. Dominate one of the one and done Playoff teams like ourselves... but it will mean we still can't overcome the true dominant teams like SF, PHI or KC.

Roland

Reaction score
Agreed. Every year I have us split with Philly. I also have them losing 1 out of the 4 games with Washington, and the Giants. Like last year. Has anyone seen their schedule? They got a tough stretch, and they aren't going to win every game. I could see at least 3 more losses for them.
Sounds pretty realistic to me

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Can’t lose to the Eagles and expect to win the division. A loss here and I could see this season slowly falling apart from the seams. This is why we pay Dak the big bucks. We expect him to show up!!!!! Take care of your damn business Cowboys and slaughter these dirty birds. I want a mugging. I want us to beat them down!! These Eagles do not play by the rules so if there is any funny business going on I want to see McCarthy throw a haymaker if he wants!
I would say it's a huge deal if we can win this because it puts us back into the division title race. However, even with a loss, this team still is in the running for a wildcard. It's therefore not "must win" in the strict definition of the expression. If you must win, it means a loss puts you out of the playoff running. I this case, it doesn't. Don't get me wrong. I want a win on this one more than any other game just because I despise the Eagles. The Commanders came really close to beating them, so I think we've got a decent shot at it.