CFZ This is the year

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Even before the draft, I believe this is the year the Cowboys reach at least the NFC Championship game. The defense was already good and we resigned both Wilson and LVE and added Gilmore. Bland is going to be even better with another year under his belt. They‘ll probably add some help in the the draft. The offense is going to be better with Cooks and the release of Zeke. Loved Zeke, but he was a progress stopper and it was time for him to go. Hell, a 6th round RB could probably out produce Zeke sad to say. The only receiver the Cowboys had in 2022 was CeeDee and he was great. But there was no one else. Gallup was mentally hobbled coming off injury. Noah Brown? Give me a break. Shultz was solid but there are better TE’s to be had. The passing game suffered from only having 1 legitimate WR. The rest could not consistently get open.

But the BIGGEST reason I believe this is the year is MM. He finally jettisoned the anchor in KM. Moore is a young coach who was trying to build his resume. And he did so at the expense of the team. I’m sure he thought that having an explosive offense would help the team reach the SB. But it didn’t pan out that way because ball control in the NFL is more important than scoring 30 every game.

The Cowboys have finished 12-5 the last 2 years. Despite all the haters here, this team is on the cusp. You can hate on Dak, but he’s not the issue. When you only have 1 WR you’re going to struggle. When you don’t have a running game you’re going to struggle. When you’re defense can’t stop the run you’re going to struggle.

So like every year, yes every year, I predict this is the year for the Cowboys. Even before the draft I feel they’ve done enough. So you haters go ahead and crap on this thread. I’ll see you in January 2024.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The Cowboys have finished 12-5 the last 2 years. Despite all the haters here, this team is on the cusp. You can hate on Dak, but he’s not the issue. When you only have 1 WR you’re going to struggle. When you don’t have a running game you’re going to struggle. When you’re defense can’t stop the run you’re going to struggle.

So like every year, yes every year, I predict this is the year for the Cowboys. Even before the draft I feel they’ve done enough. So you haters go ahead and crap on this thread. I’ll see you in January 2024.
So what you are saying is . . . No More Excuses. . . If the Cowboys do not advance to the Championship Game . . . IT IS DAK'S FAULT

I will hold you to it. . . But I know you will just find another escape goat

sjmike

Reaction score
Love your moxie, kid. I, too, am an optimistic Cowboy fan like yourself. Reading all the Negative Nancys on this site makes me crazy. I live in the Philly area and I get enough Cowboy negativity in my real life. Anyway, if we resign Hankins and Watkins, and get a top tier TE in the draft which is likely considering the depth at that position, I think that we can definitely make a run at the Lombardi.

McCarthy running this offense will put Dak in the best position to succeed. Dak did throw a lot of picks last year but that was the only time in his career that he has done so. He will revert to the conservative, low turnover QB that he was in the first six years in the league. The defense will take another step forward, especially getting Gilmore, and this becomes a top three defense in the league. Looking forward to a successful, winning season in 2023

NotForLong

Reaction score
McCarthy running this offense will put Dak in the best position to succeed. Dak did throw a lot of picks last year but that was the only time in his career that he has done so. He will revert to the conservative, low turnover QB that he was in the first six years in the league. The defense will take another step forward, especially getting Gilmore, and this becomes a top three defense in the league. Looking forward to a successful, winning season in 2023
Based upon What?. . . High Hopes

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So what you are saying is . . . No More Excuses. . . If the Cowboys do not advance to the Championship Game . . . IT IS DAK'S FAULT

No McFly, I didn’t say that but nice try.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Love your moxie, kid. I, too, am an optimistic Cowboy fan like yourself. Reading all the Negative Nancys on this site makes me crazy. I live in the Philly area and I get enough Cowboy negativity in my real life. Anyway, if we resign Hankins and Watkins, and get a top tier TE in the draft which is likely considering the depth at that position, I think that we can definitely make a run at the Lombardi.

Great points. Having more than 1 WR Will definitely help.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zeke is the progress stopper?

Then Dak is the season stopper.
I feel this is a transition year at QB and HC ....bye

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No McFly, I didn’t say that but nice try.
Well you've inferred that the issues, if there were any would be on the field....so as QB that does include Dak.
Personally, like the idea we have, at last, got a roster and scheme suited more to Dak's style (reducing the anxiety of waiting for plays to develop)....however, we've got to accept that if this doesn't work we MAY not have an option to seriously re-tool.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even before the draft, I believe this is the year the Cowboys reach at least the NFC Championship game. The defense was already good and we resigned both Wilson and LVE and added Gilmore. Bland is going to be even better with another year under his belt. They‘ll probably add some help in the the draft. The offense is going to be better with Cooks and the release of Zeke. Loved Zeke, but he was a progress stopper and it was time for him to go. Hell, a 6th round RB could probably out produce Zeke sad to say. The only receiver the Cowboys had in 2022 was CeeDee and he was great. But there was no one else. Gallup was mentally hobbled coming off injury. Noah Brown? Give me a break. Shultz was solid but there are better TE’s to be had. The passing game suffered from only having 1 legitimate WR. The rest could not consistently get open.

But the BIGGEST reason I believe this is the year is MM. He finally jettisoned the anchor in KM. Moore is a young coach who was trying to build his resume. And he did so at the expense of the team. I’m sure he thought that having an explosive offense would help the team reach the SB. But it didn’t pan out that way because ball control in the NFL is more important than scoring 30 every game.

We don't have any haters around here....just, some educated fans that know more than our FO and coaches.

Joke's aside, I like the moves, look forward to the draft and hopefully a splash player or two. I get the frustration that some show....I chose to be positive and not go into the season defeated and bitter.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Jerry thanks your for your blind faith, but he especially thanks you for your money.

You see, this is why Dallas fans are ridiculed as much as we are. It's the textbook reason. Everything we see about how this team is put together screams 'one and done', assuming they even make it to the playoffs. Yet here we are with the super bowl proclamations once again.

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score

Got to give you props for your optimism so early again. I hope you've witnessed a Super Bowl from this franchise.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

What could have been a good post was destroyed in a few words with your typical BS: "Despite all the haters here"

You can't help but take shots at people and belittle them in any and every post you make.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well you've inferred that the issues, if there were any would be on the field....so as QB that does include Dak.
Personally, like the idea we have, at last, got a roster and scheme suited more to Dak's style (reducing the anxiety of waiting for plays to develop)....however, we've got to accept that if this doesn't work we MAY not have an option to seriously re-tool.
The one thing so far about the off-season that I find confusing is MM's assertion that he just wants to run the ball (thereby claiming Moore just wanted to pass it) so what does Dallas do: get rid of Zeke and sign a WR.....thereby so far having a running group of an injured Pollard and unproven Davis. That confuses me but we will see what the draft brings.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s the definition of hating

Still can’t believe fans are buying McCarthy’s bs that an explosive offense is a bad thing and prevents winning. The last few super bowls at least have a mixed bag of teams not being special with ball control and time of possession.