CFZ This is the year

Croomraider

Reaction score
Cowboys Offense is bottom 10 in the league, defense is Top 10.

Draft Defense, draft a Place kIcker and PUNT on offense

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!

This is the year!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This does feel like the year they have to take another step forward. If the defense again plays at a championship level but Dak continues to throw interceptions in the playoffs and can be seen as the reason they lost again, then it’s time to begin the move away from him. I am not saying it’s guaranteed to be his fault but should he gift wrap points for the other team again, then he needs to go as soon as his contract allows it.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!

This is the year!
lol so true and you didn't have to "hate" on anybody

Jarntt

Reaction score
Even before the draft, I believe this is the year the Cowboys reach at least the NFC Championship game. The defense was already good and we resigned both Wilson and LVE and added Gilmore. Bland is going to be even better with another year under his belt. They‘ll probably add some help in the the draft. The offense is going to be better with Cooks and the release of Zeke. Loved Zeke, but he was a progress stopper and it was time for him to go. Hell, a 6th round RB could probably out produce Zeke sad to say. The only receiver the Cowboys had in 2022 was CeeDee and he was great. But there was no one else. Gallup was mentally hobbled coming off injury. Noah Brown? Give me a break. Shultz was solid but there are better TE’s to be had. The passing game suffered from only having 1 legitimate WR. The rest could not consistently get open.

But the BIGGEST reason I believe this is the year is MM. He finally jettisoned the anchor in KM. Moore is a young coach who was trying to build his resume. And he did so at the expense of the team. I’m sure he thought that having an explosive offense would help the team reach the SB. But it didn’t pan out that way because ball control in the NFL is more important than scoring 30 every game.

The Cowboys have finished 12-5 the last 2 years. Despite all the haters here, this team is on the cusp. You can hate on Dak, but he’s not the issue. When you only have 1 WR you’re going to struggle. When you don’t have a running game you’re going to struggle. When you’re defense can’t stop the run you’re going to struggle.

So like every year, yes every year, I predict this is the year for the Cowboys. Even before the draft I feel they’ve done enough. So you haters go ahead and crap on this thread. I’ll see you in January 2024.
I think we will be better and with a good draft and maybe a couple more FAs sprinkled in I think we could have more playoff success. A few issues. Most important will 100% be how Dak plays against a top defense in the playoffs. I think if our OL comes together and is healthy come playoff time we will be much more explosive this year which will help in big spots. I do think Schultz will be a bigger loss than many are assuming. I did not want to re-sign him because in a cap world you can't have everyone and we need better blocking from that spot, but he was a security blanket for Dak: look at the TB playoff game. Hopefully the kids will step up but let's not forget that our returning TEs had 19, 11 and 2 catches last year.

I do disagree with MM being the biggest reason we will have playoff success. He has yet to show any game day excellence here or any reason to think his GB success was related to anything other than Aaron Rodgers being his QB. He can't manage the clock, but he is going to now have more responsibility and excel? I hope you are right. The biggest benefit may be simplifying the offense. I liked his comments about guys not having to do too much. Moore is very cerebral and I'm not sure that meshed with our Offense.

Lastly our running game was top 10 last year and we were 2nd in the NFL in rushing TDs so I don't get the comment about "when you don't have a running game"

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not going to hate, but I don't fully trust THE TEAM can win 3 games in a row in January to get us into another super bowl.
HE wrong word, can't trust the team.. been far from a QB only issue around here for long time the OL/RUN game has by far been the biggest issue..get that going and we can win 3 in a row.,. TROY never won 3 in a row without a strong run game and an OL making him feel very comfy back there. show me the games Troy won with ES getting 2 YPC? OL not pass protection?? how about and OL with 11 penalties, also no run game or Defense that gives up 300 Yards rushing or cant stop rogers BUT the single most issue over the last 3 losses is not traveling with RUN game and a physical OL..thats fact. Dak plays well with a little help vs having to do it all on his own..? team game

ICP

Reaction score
I've taken the 'I'll believe it when I see it' stance. I do like what they've done so far in the off-season with the exception of the LVE signing but I've learned that buying what Jerry is selling just leads to disappointment.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I don’t think you understand the difference between hating and hate. They’re not the same. This isn’t Websters dictionary. Get a clue.
Why do people need to be labeled in the first place? We all know this is only happening because someone might have a different opinion about whatever topic.

"If you don't agree with me you're a hater".

I think that sounds about right....

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think they are going to get screwed schedule wise, while the Eagles get a break.

Eagles have 49ers, Bills, Vikes, Dolphins at home with Seahawks and Chiefs away as their toughest games as of today.

Cowboys are at 49ers, Bills, Dolphins, Chargers.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People that watched this team pad their stats vs garbage teams and then Get shut down by good defenses but still think they had a great offense are nuts. As long as the line play is solid they will be a more effective, consistent offense. To think the intern/oc in training has a better scheme than a guy who’s been to multiple championship games and won a ring is silly. “Yeah But he had Rodgers”. Please tell me about all the championships Rodgers has won without Mike… I’ll wait.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even before the draft, I believe this is the year the Cowboys reach at least the NFC Championship game. The defense was already good and we resigned both Wilson and LVE and added Gilmore. Bland is going to be even better with another year under his belt. They‘ll probably add some help in the the draft. The offense is going to be better with Cooks and the release of Zeke. Loved Zeke, but he was a progress stopper and it was time for him to go. Hell, a 6th round RB could probably out produce Zeke sad to say. The only receiver the Cowboys had in 2022 was CeeDee and he was great. But there was no one else. Gallup was mentally hobbled coming off injury. Noah Brown? Give me a break. Shultz was solid but there are better TE’s to be had. The passing game suffered from only having 1 legitimate WR. The rest could not consistently get open.

But the BIGGEST reason I believe this is the year is MM. He finally jettisoned the anchor in KM. Moore is a young coach who was trying to build his resume. And he did so at the expense of the team. I’m sure he thought that having an explosive offense would help the team reach the SB. But it didn’t pan out that way because ball control in the NFL is more important than scoring 30 every game.

The Cowboys have finished 12-5 the last 2 years. Despite all the haters here, this team is on the cusp. You can hate on Dak, but he’s not the issue. When you only have 1 WR you’re going to struggle. When you don’t have a running game you’re going to struggle. When you’re defense can’t stop the run you’re going to struggle.

So like every year, yes every year, I predict this is the year for the Cowboys. Even before the draft I feel they’ve done enough. So you haters go ahead and crap on this thread. I’ll see you in January 2024.
With this guy.....
giphy.gif

Therefore.....
200w.gif

IMG_9785.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is the year​

...CowboysZone members, who are either pro or con about Dak Prescott, will come together, link hands and sing We Are the World! We Are The Children!