This is truly sad if True.

bsheeern

Reaction score
http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/4460612/detail.html
Winslow's Injuries Turn Out To Be Truly Serious

Officials Re-Create Accident

POSTED: 5:13 pm EDT May 6, 2005

CLEVELAND -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow's injuries are much more serious than first thought, NewsChannel5 reported.

4460805_200X150.jpg

5 On Your Side Health Team Anchor Lee Jordan reported sources close to the Winslow story said the Sunday motorcycle accident left Winslow with a broken tibia and femur, along with a fracture to the large bone in his thigh. His ACL was damaged, possibly torn and there are lacerations on his liver and kidney.

NewsChannel5's source continues to stand by the information.

One media outlet is even suggesting Winslow's football career is over, WEWS reported.

Winslow previously had two surgeries on the right leg the he broke last fall.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Re-Creating Accident

Meanwhile, officials in Westlake re-created Winslow's accident by duplicating the motorcycle's skid marks in the parking lot of Cuyahoga Community College. The test, which involved using a special device, was designed to help gauge Winslow's speed when he crashed his motorcycle Sunday night.

Video
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Winslow Riding Motorcycle
Accident Reconstructed
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

WEWS reported police didn't have a bike similar to Winslow's, so a Channel 19 reporter, with nearly the same bike and tires as Winslow's volunteered to do the skid test. Police gave him the green light.

Westlake police repeatedly cautioned the rider to go slowly, so they could estimate Winslow's speed.

He ended up falling off the bike when attempting to stop. (See Video)

Officials said the reconstruction closely resembled what happened to Winslow.

"As everybody saw, you can see how easy it is to lose control on a motorcycle when you're braking," said Lt. Bill Eschenfelder of the Westlake Police Department.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
bsheeern said:
http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/4460612/detail.html
Winslow's Injuries Turn Out To Be Truly Serious

Officials Re-Create Accident

POSTED: 5:13 pm EDT May 6, 2005

CLEVELAND -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow's injuries are much more serious than first thought, NewsChannel5 reported.

4460805_200X150.jpg

5 On Your Side Health Team Anchor Lee Jordan reported sources close to the Winslow story said the Sunday motorcycle accident left Winslow with a broken tibia and femur, along with a fracture to the large bone in his thigh. His ACL was damaged, possibly torn and there are lacerations on his liver and kidney.

NewsChannel5's source continues to stand by the information.

One media outlet is even suggesting Winslow's football career is over, WEWS reported.

Winslow previously had two surgeries on the right leg the he broke last fall.

So what is in the picture?

A re-creation?

How silly.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Wow, if this is true, I regret making fun of him...poor him...poor browns...

JDSmith

Reaction score
Alexander said:

A re-creation?

How silly.

Police recreated it because they want to decide if they should charge him. Depending on his speed (which they used the recreation to calculate) they could decide to charge him with reckless operation or something. The guy wasn't supposed to fall off his bike in the recreation, they were just trying to get skid marks for their calculations - but when he tried to skid he fell.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Police recreated it because they want to decide if they should charge him. Depending on his speed (which they used the recreation to calculate) they could decide to charge him with reckless operation or something. The guy wasn't supposed to fall off his bike in the recreation, they were just trying to get skid marks for their calculations - but when he tried to skid he fell.
He was on a Parking Lot. That is private property not a public street so there should be no charges that they can file unless the laws are different up there.

Anyway, I hate to see this happen to a young guy with so much talent (or anyone for that matter). I do truly feel bad for him and think it is a great loss for the world of football as well as for the young man himself.

I don't mean to be cold about it but the bottom line is that he brought it on himself. One of lifes lessons that young men always seem to learn this too late..."You makes your choices and you takes your chances...and you live with the consequences."

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Oh, wait! Somebody buy Terrell Owens a rice rocket...please?

JDSmith

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
He was on a Parking Lot. That is private property not a public street so there should be no charges that they can file unless the laws are different up there.

Anyway, I hate to see this happen to a young guy with so much talent (or any one for that matter). I do truly feel bad for him and think it is a great loss for the world of football as well as for the young man himself.

I don't mean to be cold about it but the bottom line is that he brought it on himself. One of lifes lessons that young men always seem to learn this too late..."You makes your choices and you takes your chances...and you live with the consequences."

The parking lot of a community college. Don't know who's jurisdiction that falls under. I'm going to assume that if the police are recreating it because they want to decide whether or not to charge him, that it falls under their jurisdiction.

And the bottom line is that Winslow is an idiot. He risked his entire career to ride a freaking motorcycle. He couldn't get by without buying that particular toy? He's a *******, and zipping around that parking lot at 35 is pretty quick, there isn't a ton of room there.

And this is why I hated the movie Forrest Gump. Stupid people do stupid things and generally suffer for them. It's god's way of letting them know that they are dumb. Forrest Gump led a lot of people to believe that stupid is cute. In the real world the Forrest Gumps fall off of the motorcycles they bought and ruin their futures, just because they were too damned dumb to live.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Alexander said:

A re-creation?

How silly.
Yeah, but there's supposed to be a survalence video of him on their website.