This is why Dak needs to go back to being a mobile QB again

Zman5

Reaction score
For a long time, few poster and I have been saying Dak needs to run and throw on the run to be successful. The numbers prove this point. And for all the people who thinks he shouldn't do it because of injury risk, Romo (various broken bones) and Aikman(concussions) both had major injuries throwing in the pocket.

nl8M7k6W_o.png

And here is the video of 45 yard dime he threw on the run to Beasley vs the Giants to remind some folks who forgot how good he can throw on the run.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, you can read all my comments on back for the past 3 years.
If you look up beating a Dead Horse, you'll see a picture of me with a Big stick.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
All the really good teams have dual threat QBs (or they at least know how to escape the pocket and throw on the run). This is what made Dak and the offense so good in 2016. Don't know why the playcallers since then just don't call it anymore....

Kumala808

Reaction score
That ankle injury played a big part I think of his lack of running but he looks to be the old dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That ankle injury played a big part I think of his lack of running but he looks to be the old dak.
....and that's why some of us seriously questioned his contract extension IF he was going to be a stand and deliver QB in the future.
There's a theory that one one of the reasons we had to play a TCO was because of his lack of mobility.....fair do's to him his movement, even that lateral movement, is buying time to help his receivers.....what I really hated was that everyone on the Offense had to help Dak, as he sat in the pocket, now HE's making things happen he's a whole new (or reminiscent of old) Dak. Let's hope it continues, if he can be mobile tomorrow I can see him causing damage down field.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Aikman wasn't a running QB. He got all the concussions because QB's weren't protected as much as they are now. If Dak had to play under the old rules he would have been out of the NFL back in 2018.

starfan1

Reaction score
Aikman wasn't a running QB. He got all the concussions because QB's weren't protected as much as they are now. If Dak had to play under the old rules he would have been out of the NFL back in 2018.
Not only Dak but most QBs

Adiba1977

Reaction score
He’s SLOW!!! That’s problem. Unless it’s open territory. He can’t run. Most dl players could probably catch him.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It looks like the Cowboys coaches have taken the handcuffs off of Dak in the last two games. This is timely going up against the Eagles. Prescott is 8-3 against the Eagles in his career, and hasn’t lost to the Eagles since 2019. There are very good reasons to believe that Dak will perform well on Sunday.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All the really good teams have dual threat QBs (or they at least know how to escape the pocket and throw on the run). This is what made Dak and the offense so good in 2016. Don't know why the playcallers since then just don't call it anymore....
He doesn’t need design runs.

He needs to identify earlier when to run.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a long time, few poster and I have been saying Dak needs to run and throw on the run to be successful. The numbers prove this point. And for all the people who thinks he shouldn't do it because of injury risk, Romo (various broken bones) and Aikman(concussions) both had major injuries throwing in the pocket.

nl8M7k6W_o.png

And here is the video of 45 yard dime he threw on the run to Beasley vs the Giants to remind some folks who forgot how good he can throw on the run.

I swear it's Micheal Vick out there when Dak is running with the ball. :muttley:
The GIMP is one hit away from saving us the grief to cut him next spring.
Run Dak Run..................:muttley:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dak on the move is much more dangerous effective then drop back pocket collapses sack 3rd & 14 .

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He’s SLOW!!! That’s problem. Unless it’s open territory. He can’t run. Most dl players could probably catch him.
Dak ran a 4.7 in the 40. Not blazing fast but not slow either. He is faster than Maholmes who ran a 4.8.

JayFord

Reaction score
Dak shouldve never been a pocket passer or made into one he should be like elway and throw on the run ALOT off bootlegs and whatnot

you dont have to have speed but Daks decision making is Much better outside the pocket

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

nl8M7k6W_o.png

Agree 1000%
Much better qb when on the move.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

nl8M7k6W_o.png

YES BUT THE PLAY SHOULDN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE A "BREAKDOWN" and guys are doing a scramble drill for us to have a SUCCESSFUL offensive play!!!