This Later Round Pick could really help the Boyz

garyv

Reaction score
There is a player that many might scoff at who wasn't even invited to the Combine however he could be a player that could help the Boyz move to the next level based entirely on the fact he would be a role player that could help them keep the chains moving in short yardage and Goal Line situations, this being:

Patrick Cobbs RB, University of North Texas

Hes small in nature but tough and can pickup yards between the Tackles and give another option in Goal Line situations. I like his toughness and is similar to another Parcells guy....Dave Meggett. Your thoughts....

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I could see us going after either Ryan LaCasse or James Wyche in the later rounds and they could really help us. Both were DE's at Syracuse and recruited and coached by Pasqualoni. Both were track stars (yes, even for Defensive Ends) in high school. Wyche might be better off as a 4-3 DE since he has size and height, but LaCasse almost screams a 3-4 LB.

Rich...........

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I have heard he is a very good back....but, we have backs similiar to him already.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
yeah, what they said about having other backs. Barbers a year experienced and shoudl be ready to roll. Looking for lots of goal line action from Barbar, if Jones does not run for the score himself.

I like out backfield. Would prefer a Jamar Martin type FB that can only block, but block well in both pass and run downs. Who needs another weapon that can catch and run when you just need a damn hole for JJ to run through.