This may have already been posted

khiladi

Reaction score
“I’m just going to go out there and do what I do, you know?” he said. “Just throw the ball, hopefully find the right guy that’s open and give him the ball. And push the tempo and we’re going to do a couple of different things this week that will help us, I think, offensively, and I’m excited about the second half of the year. It’s going to be fun.”The fact that Tony talks about tempo gets me excited... I hope by pushing the tempo and doing some different things means getting the ball out quickly....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind at least seeing a little up tempo, hurry up, style offense to get it going.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Well if you look at this season and to a certain extent, 2007 and 2006, It's clear that we have been one of the best teams running out of the 2 min offense.

I don't have precise league or even team numbers on this, but I think Tony takes a back seat to nobody at running the 2 min offense.

Now I don't think running some sort of hurry up the whole game would be wise. Certainly not sound football. But if your trying to shake things up against a defense that caused you more problems than any we faced all year, it makes sense.

Questions are how do you replicate the hurry up. Are we talking tempo alone, going no huddle. Or are we also talking personel, 3WR's 1TE 1 RB.

I still think our most talented package is Owens, Bennett, Witten, Williams with Barber or Felix.

Either way, we still need to maintain our run/pass balance. It's OK to come out passing to perhaps get them on their heels, but we can't abandon
the run from the jump.