This playoff thing is mentalhow do they get past it?

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Nine All-Pros. 22 healthy starters. Top scoring offense in the league. Historic home winning streak, I could go on…and none of it matters.

Today had nothing to do with physical ability.

It’s clear that when it comes to the playoffs there is a severe mental hurdle with this franchise. The players know about the streak. They played SO tight. We (the fans) hear about it so much.

We’re now thru multiple regimes, coaches, staffs, and players with the same result. What can realistically be done?

Jerry isn’t going anywhere. The Jones’ will never sell this franchise. We’ll soon get another HC/QB combo…and then they will feel the same pressure. It’s beginning to feel insurmountable.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nine All-Pros. 22 healthy starters. Top scoring offense in the league. Historic home winning streak, I could go on…and none of it matters.

Today had nothing to do with physical ability.

It’s clear that when it comes to the playoffs there is a severe mental hurdle with this franchise. The players know about the streak. They played SO tight. We (the fans) hear about it so much.

We’re now thru multiple regimes, coaches, staffs, and players with the same result. What can realistically be done?

Jerry isn’t going anywhere. The Jones’ will never sell this franchise. We’ll soon get another HC/QB combo…and then they will feel the same pressure. It’s beginning to feel insurmountable.
It's not mental. We can't stop the run. And we haven't been able to for years. What we have is a weak foundation. All those all pro's, but our LB's blow, we don't have a starting 3 tech, and we've drafted so badly at DE that we have to play a LB there.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
It's not mental. We can't stop the run. And we haven't been able to for years. What we have is a weak foundation. All those all pro's, but our LB's blow, we don't have a starting 3 tech, and we've drafted so badly at DE that we have to play a LB there.
Agree with everything you said, but I'd add they seem to like sniffing their farts. (South Park reference for those that don't know)

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It is mental… I brought it up in another thread. You think if we’re the 5 seed we win in Tampa. I say yes.

But because we got the 2 seed and the home game the narrative changed… the narrative that this was our best chance to win it all bla bla bla.

Immediately the pressure increases and we couldn’t handle it. It is mental… especially with dak

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
I disagree. During the Rodgers era, we couldn’t stop the pass. There have been worse run defenses much further than us. Collectively something’s just not being put together. And as you saw tonight, it’s not one side of the ball. It’s usually all.

kskboys

Reaction score
I disagree. During the Rodgers era, we couldn’t stop the pass. There have been worse run defenses much further than us. Collectively something’s just not being put together. And as you saw tonight, it’s not one side of the ball. It’s usually all.
If you mean it's mental w/ Dak, OK.

Who?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We stopped the run last year vs Tampa and niners. Has nothing to do with that

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

When the head coach has to give a pep talk to your pouting All-Pro WR five minutes into the game, there's definitely something mental going on.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Yes, it does.
the issue we have is our back 7 is soft in the playoffs. Where was the ball hawking past two years in the playoffs even when we stopped the run??? We don't have a playoff mentality back there. It's just rely on the pass Rush. Look at successful teams and watch how the back 7 plays

kskboys

Reaction score
the issue we have is our back 7 is soft in the playoffs. Where was the ball hawking past two years in the playoffs even when we stopped the run??? We don't have a playoff mentality back there. It's just rely on the pass Rush. Look at successful teams and watch how the back 7 plays
We have no ballhawking S, and I'm not sure we have a hip pocket CB.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Imagine they go 12-5 again next year, opening playoff game at home. Are they going to feel more or less pressure to win than today? How do you think that goes?

This team would be better off sliding in as a 7 seed, on the road, with everyone saying they have no chance. At least there wouldn't be any real pressure.

kevm3

Reaction score
Get a real GM, which won't ever happen. The best we can hope is get some disciplinarian coach who forces Jerry and Stephen to go out and get a cohesive team without massive, obvious flaws.

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
If you mean it's mental w/ Dak, OK.

Who?
It’s mental with whoever joins this franchise lol. It’s quite evident. Before Dak it was Romo. Before the run defense it was the pass defense. Before that it was the kicker. It’s never been one person or one thing.

Collectively, we just cannot get over this hump.