This question will explain the extent of the hate for Dak

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
What do you think was a bigger issue this game? Dak’s play or the Offensive lines pass blocking?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Our predictability is killing our oline. We never go on a quick count or even a hard count to try and draw the other team offsides. Its always the same call to hike the ball. That gives the defense a jump when the ball is hiked.

This is a very easy fix. Change the call to hike the ball.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys just beat a team that everyone expected would blow them out.
I think you have to at least consider that Garrett out coached Payton tonight. (What!?!)
I think Dak outplayed Drew Brees tonight to almost a 2-to-1 ratio in yardage.

ksadler1

Reaction score
For the most part, Dak played lights-out tonight. Yes, he hangs on to the ball too long. Yes he fumbled. But he also made some huge plays for us too. Why they don't design more running plays for him is beyond me. Now lets compare his game tonight to all-pro Drew Brees.

We all saw first hand tonight how even great QB's like Brees can't play for you-know-what when they get rattled. I've never seen Brees rattled like he was tonight. Brees fumbled twice and got lucky on the last one because of a questionable call. He also choked when the game was on the line and threw an INT. A lot of his throws tonight were way off the mark too.

Dak can play in this league. But just like any other QB, you've got to put him a in position to succeed. The last 4 weeks he has proven he can play under pressure. You can't take that away from the guy. Lets just hope he continues to prove his doubters wrong...

keysersoze

Reaction score
For the most part, Dak played lights-out tonight. Yes, he hangs on to the ball too long. Yes he fumbled. But he also made some huge plays for us too. Why they don't design more running plays for him is beyond me. Now lets compare his game tonight to all-pro Drew Brees.

We all saw first hand tonight how even great QB's like Brees can't play for you-know-what when they get rattled. I've never seen Brees rattled like he was tonight. Brees fumbled twice and got lucky on the last one because of a questionable call. He also choked when the game was on the line and threw an INT. A lot of his throws tonight were way off the mark too.

Dak can play in this league. But just like any other QB, you've got to put him a in position to succeed. The last 4 weeks he has proven he can play under pressure. You can't take that away from the guy. Lets just hope he continues to prove his doubters wrong...
Excellent post.

KingRah

Reaction score
What do you think was a bigger issue this game? Dak’s play or the Offensive lines pass blocking?
I have a better question. If Dak was sacked 4 less times, would it change your perception of the lines performance?

KingRah

Reaction score
Dak was responsible for 3 or 4 of those sacks because he held on to the ball. That means, Dak was a bigger problem than the line by a chest hair.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak holding the ball for 17 years the way he does will make even the best offensive lines look bad

But tonight it was a combination of both. Dak made some smooth plays tonight. I'm just gonna enjoy the win

In 2016 he had better O-Line play. Not only that, but the offensive line kept the DLine in front of him a lot. Now even when he does have some time the pass rush has immediate pressure from every direction. I'm on the edge of my seat. But I do think Dak needs to clean up some of his negatives.

Look at the high scoring teams in the league. Not only do they have good QBs, but their WRs get wide open on a lot of plays. When's the last time we saw Dak hit a wide open target? There really aren't that many. If we have average to poor WRs (minus Cooper) and poor play design coupled with pressure on the QB, no quarterback is going to have a good time. Brees didn't look so hot out there when those zombies were collapsing the pocket. I know Dak has a lot of cleaning up to do, but the reasons above is why I pump the breaks on my criticism of him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Our predictability is killing our oline. We never go on a quick count or even a hard count to try and draw the other team offsides. Its always the same call to hike the ball. That gives the defense a jump when the ball is hiked.

This is a very easy fix. Change the call to hike the ball.
Even easier. Change the OC.