This team can rally around the Romo injury with Brad Johnson

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have had a history of rallying around injured signal-callers and pulling together.

Remember 1991? Troy Aikman has a season-ending knee injury during their stunning defeat of the then-unbeaten Commanders; Steve Beurelein wins 5 in a row

1993- Bernie Kosar is a super-sub for Aikman

1994- Rodney Peete and Jason Garrett

And, of course, Clint Longley in 1974.

Just because Romo's hurt doesn't mean we should say the season's over!

Most importantly, this is NOT a season-ending injury or one that requires surgery!

This is not the Tom Brady/ACL injury.

Boysboy

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2333641 said:
The Cowboys have had a history of rallying around injured signal-callers and pulling together.

Remember 1991? Troy Aikman has a season-ending knee injury during their stunning defeat of the then-unbeaten Commanders; Steve Beurelein wins 5 in a row

Most importantly, this is NOT a season-ending injury or one that requires surgery!

1) Beurelein >>> BJ

2) We still had Emmitt AND an OL that could block very effectively

bigE79

Reaction score

:starspin We can do it...i know we can:starspin

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2333649 said:
lets see what we do with this adversity

On the nosey.

it's put up or shut up time for this defensive unit.

same with the offensive line.

I have no hopes for the special teams...so I'm not expecting much.

We have been beyond fortunate with the QB situation for years...finally caught up.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I really think this can be a wake up call for the team and light a fire under thier butts. I know one thing, we will find out how much character this team has in the next couple of weeks.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
This team has shown a disctinct shortage of spine.

I don't know why that would change now.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Hopefully this will bring the this team together, and they play with some urgancy.

gambit187

Reaction score
I am positive, Brad is a very good vet, does not make alot of mistakes, still can get out the pocket and throw it out of bounds. I feel he will have alot of involvment with the RB in the passing game.

We just need everyone to step up period when I think about it.
Crayton
Hurd
Austin
Bennett
Oline
All need to step the hell up.

If Felix is gimpy because of the hammy, I say give Choice some carries also.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
this team has no history with Romo injury, but for 4 weeks having brad as a BABYSITTER might not be such a bad thing. Red will have to abandon the "big-play-only" offense and get MB, Felix and TO involved in shorter patterns conducive to RAC. We should play a much more controlled, calm, less bone-headed offense. Noone will be on autopilot expecting a "miracle finish"

also expectations & pressure are waaaaaay lower without your starting QB.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I want to see more slant routes and crossing routes. Teams are going to be bringing the house on johnson so these downfield routes aren't going to be their. We're going to have to be more efficent than explosive.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2333660 said:
I'll be happy with 2-2, no make that overjoyed!.

We have a bye week in that 4th week..... BJ will only have to play 3 games more than likely. We got Tampa.....the freaking Giants and St Louis..... if we can go 2-1 in those games,I will be more than happy.

time to step up D!

cardsfanmd

Reaction score
I really feel bad for Brad Johnson. The guy has been underappreciated and disrespected his whole career. Now he is gonna get killed behind this "great" Cowboy O-line. Face it, your line isn't that good, Romo is just that mobile.

I think if Johnson can stay alive you guys will do alright since Garrett will be forced to use his brain and run the ball like your team should have been doing all year. There is no excuse that Barber and Jones aren't getting 40 carries a game between the two of them.

I expect you guys to win a game and Johnson to get injured. Daunte Culpepper's phone is ringing as we speak.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

This is nice but I think people remember the Bernie thing with rose colored glasses. Didn't we go 1-2 during his starting stint?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2333660 said:
I'll be happy with 2-2, no make that overjoyed!.

We have out bye week on week 10, so romo only misses 3 games. 2-1 and I will be ecstatic.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Either it rallies behind Brad and is able to turn things around here or we'll be reminded of why Brad Johnson was never the right man for the backup position

Asklesko

Reaction score
I'm afraid not. Romo going out is equivalent to Brady going out. There's nothing in the bullpen.