This Team has no Heart

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2394667 said:
I can agree on that. But calling him Turnover Tony won't help.

Of course it won't. And I don't expect it to. Just like others calling him the savior doesn't help.

I chose to show displeasure while some chose to ignore the problem. It is what it is.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Rampage;2394739 said:
hoof is a party-pooper. he's still pissed at jenkins

Dude, that was such a cowardly move that I will honestly be pissed at him for a while. I realize that there were a good number of players that probably felt the same way he did but actually giving up like that is pathetic.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2394741 said:
Dude, that was such a cowardly move that I will honestly be pissed at him for a while. I realize that there were a good number of players that probably felt the same way he did but actually giving up like that is pathetic.
I hear ya. he has a lot to do before he gets off my ****list. also please remove your sig before sunday night in 2 weeks:)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Rampage;2394752 said:
I hear ya. he has a lot to do before he gets off my ****list. also please remove your sig before sunday night in 2 weeks:)

I think I am going to work on a Wade Phillips one soon so it should be changed before then.

Worthless Wade or something to that effect.

I gotta admit though. When I was making it, I almost got a little too attached and just about changed the picture of Tony looking all befuddled to one where he is celebrating.

thought it would have made a decent legit sig if I had changed that pic and removed turnover tony. I like the signature action on it.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Rampage;2394565 said:
the funny thing is everybody is so pissed and acting like they expected us to win this game. does this team have heart? were about to find out the answer to that question in 2 weeks.

And what a long 2 weeks it is going to be. Gah, I wish I could just not think about the Cowboys for a few weeks, but that won't happen, ha.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
windward;2394526 said:
I guess that is the new refrain after a loss.

Yet we showed heart last week in a gutsy win at Tampa.

How can his team have heart one week and lack it the next?

It's simple, really. The statement that this team has no heart is nonsense.

How anyone can make any definitive statements on an intangible quality is mindboggling at best.

I agree, I dont question their heart at all. I think they came out with good energy and kept fighting through some awful mistakes in the first half and right up until Brad Johnson's second pick we were right in the game.

What this team doesnt have is good coaching, they are lost and their game plans on both offense and defense have to be questioned. 2 years later in players are still confused about their assignments on defense, that is just unacceptable.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
To me, the problem is we just don't play good football. Period.

They turn the ball over. They're oft-penalized. They make excuses. They're poor tacklers. Their special teams is atrocious. Their depth is suspicious.

We're a dumb, poorly coached team that glosses over its repeated errors on the glimmer of hope that talent and big plays will overcome all else. But it doesn't. It never does in sports.

And this isn't just a shot at Wade. These players exhibited these problems before he arrived. But it's even harder to win with a dumb, mistake-prone, semi-soft team that is poorly coached on top of it all.

BTW, this stretch reminds me all too much of last December. Back then, though, the expectation was that they'd turn around come playoff time. They were just coasting because everything was locked up. Now, the expectation is that the switch will suddenly turn back on when Romo and the gang returns. Uh huh. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me ... you can't get fooled again.

MrMom

Reaction score
RainMan;2394912 said:
To me, the problem is we just don't play good football. Period.

They turn the ball over. They're oft-penalized. They make excuses. They're poor tacklers. Their special teams is atrocious. Their depth is suspicious.

We're a dumb, poorly coached team that glosses over its repeated errors on the glimmer of hope that talent and big plays will overcome all else. But it doesn't. It never does in sports.

And this isn't just a shot at Wade. These players exhibited these problems before he arrived. But it's even harder to win with a dumb, mistake-prone, semi-soft team that is poorly coached on top of it all.

BTW, this stretch reminds me all too much of last December. Back then, though, the expectation was that they'd turn around come playoff time. They were just coasting because everything was locked up. Now, the expectation is that the switch will suddenly turn back on when Romo and the gang returns. Uh huh. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me ... you can't get fooled again.

:lmao2:

[youtube]eKgPY1adc0A[/youtube]