This team is looking nice for 2023

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
This year is looking like a disappointment to all of us but I think 2023 is going to be a big year if they stay the course.

A lot of promising guys were drafted this year with Smith, the ND tackle and the LSU LB. The cap looks to be in great shape next year and getting better with Zeke likely coming off the books.

And while it could be tougher on the field this year (10-7) it may mean a top 20 draft pick next year in what HAS to be a better class than this year.

Gallup hopefully will be fully healthy and we’ll know about CDs future as a #1.

I hope they keep McCarthy so we don’t change systems again and stunt development. He’s not Don Shula but I don’t think MM can be blamed for this teams problems in 2020 and probably in 2022. Between being destroyed by injury the first year and the front office cutting his legs out by giving away good players and not replacing them this year he’s only had 1 real year to have a chance. And no coach was going to win when the QB was night/day after a calf injury

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This year is looking like a disappointment to all of us but I think 2023 is going to be a big year if they stay the course.

A lot of promising guys were drafted this year with Smith, the ND tackle and the LSU LB. The cap looks to be in great shape next year and getting better with Zeke likely coming off the books.

And while it could be tougher on the field this year (10-7) it may mean a top 20 draft pick next year in what HAS to be a better class than this year.

I hope they keep McCarthy so we don’t change systems again and stunt development. He’s not Don Shula but I don’t think MM can be blamed for this teams problems in 2020 and probably in 2022. Between being destroyed by injury the first year and the front office cutting his legs out by giving away good players and not replacing them this year he’s only had 1 real year to have a chance. And no coach was going to win when the QB was night/day after a calf injury

isn’t looking like a disappointment to me. If 2023 is the year it will be because of some of the good decisions we made this off season.

just face facts the draft may have proven you wrong already. All your worries were replaced in the first 3 rounds. Younger and for peanuts. And we eliminated 52 million in salary. Sounds like a home run to me.

Lambs future is obvious already.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
isn’t looking like a disappointment to me. If 2023 is the year it will be because of some of the good decisions we made this off season.

just face facts the draft may have proven you wrong already. All your worries were replaced in the first 3 rounds. Younger and for peanuts. And we eliminated 52 million in salary. Sounds like a home run to me.
Anyone that thinks that rookies will come in and replace vet production day 1 is crazy. But all those players should be good in 2023. Smith can be a pro bowl player with a year or 2 under his belt according to scouts around the league.

I love Williams athleticism. Tolbert is a good 3rd WR but if the OL is dominant again they’ll look better

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If we utilize FA, it could look very good. But we have Cap Boy who only wants to open up the wallet for our own. Just think of how lethal our defense could be this very moment had we just added a couple key FAs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks that rookies will come in and replace vet production day 1 is crazy. But all those players should be good in 2023. Smith can be a pro bowl player with a year or 2 under his belt according to scouts around the league.

I love Williams athleticism. Tolbert is a good 3rd WR but if the OL is dominant again they’ll look better
Smith is better than Williams day 1. All 2nd and 3rd year guys are better day 1.

dak is better healthy with full off season from day 1. I’ll bet williams has more than 6 sacks.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

All in all, Tuna lad, we eased a wee bit of the strain after our loss of Amari.
Collectively, if there is a coherent passing plan and this unit sticks together, Gallup, CeeDee Sam Tolbert will be strong with the force in 2023!

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

What position are you referring to specifically when you say no rookie can come in and replace vet production? Because we are only relying on one rookie to start. And that's at left guard. Lamb, Washington, Brown and Gallup are vets. So I hope you aren't referring to the WR position.

So if we are only relying on one rookie to start then how is this season looking like a disappointment? We brought back 20 starters from a 12-5 team but next year is a washed out year to you? Really?

The disrespect this team gets from its own fans is amazing.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I do think that the Cowboys did have a pretty good draft. But I can't help but see that other teams helped themselves even more and I look at what the Ravens did with awe.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys fans have evolved from " This is our year" to "The year after next is our year".
:muttley: It's a Homer world I guess.....
We will finish 3rd in the division and win just enough games not to have a top 3 pick.
The Circus has 26 years of continuous success and there looking to make it minimal to 30!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
:muttley: It's a Homer world I guess.....
We will finish 3rd in the division and win just enough games not to have a top 3 pick.
The Circus has 26 years of continuous success and there looking to make it minimal to 30!
If we finish 3rd in the division next season and don't draft the QB in the 1st round then Jerry is not serious about winning.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If only every draft pick takes a step or 2forward. Since when does that happen? It's what every team says, if this guy can develop...only that doesn't always happen.. can Tyler learn to use any kind of technique or does he continue to try an muscle his way which will fail at this level.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If only every draft pick takes a step or 2forward. Since when does that happen? It's what every team says, if this guy can develop...only that doesn't always happen.. can Tyler learn to use any kind of technique or does he continue to try an muscle his way which will fail at this level.
So one potential bad apple ruins the bunch, huh?