This team is so incompetent

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
OMG... this team is so incompetent all you can do is laugh.

I mean... was anyone actually surprised not only about the loss, but by how we lost?

Yes, Romo is partly to blame (and I'm not even just talking about the int's, he was off all game long).

The D is partly to blame (Obviously).

The playcalling, wow, obviously a HUGE reason for the loss.

But the ONE common denominator in this gigantic incompetent mess over the last 15+ years of what we call the Dallas Cowboys is Jerry Jones. And nothing is going to change in that area.

The cowboys used to be God's team (no offense to those that follow a different diety), but Jerry Jones sold his soul to the devil and god has hopped on another team's bandwagon.

NJ22

Reaction score
lol. All true. No way God is helping this team. Maybe toying with it like a kitten with a ball of yarn! I posted on here that the best defense to stop our run gam was Jason Garrett and the play calling and bang there it was. The team is a joke from the top down. The general football IQ of Garrett, Romo and Callahan is shockingly low.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Sadly nothing that happens to this team is a surprise anymore.

I was more shocked in the first half when they had a big lead than I was when I watched it dissolve in the 2nd half while they are in empty set shotgun on first down.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I swear, I wouldn't miss that lame empty set shotgun at all. It is way overused.. Get Romo under center, work the play action that is there because you have a RB averaging over 6 yds a carry..

This is not hard.. I swear..

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sadly nothing that happens to this team is a surprise anymore.

I was more shocked in the first half when they had a big lead than I was when I watched it dissolve in the 2nd half while they are in empty set shotgun on first down.

Man ain't that the truth. But even then, I didn't let myself get sucked in. I knew the inevitable would still happen (either in that game or the last 2 games).

I have no doubt in my mind we'll win next week just to set up another "Elimination game" that the cowboys will lose.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I swear, I wouldn't miss that lame empty set shotgun at all. It is way overused.. Get Romo under center, work the play action that is there because you have a RB averaging over 6 yds a carry..

This is not hard.. I swear..

You mean like we did in the first half that helped build a 23 point lead?

Why on earth would we do that? That was SOOOO one half ago. Have to move on to other stuff in the second half.

slomoxn

Reaction score
I wasn't shocked about them losing at all, I expected it. Just not in this fashion again (Detroit). I am never comfortable when this team has a lead until the game is over because they have a penchant for losing in the final quarter. Oh well, you are right that Jerry is the one common denominator and it appears he is going nowhere. If we can find his painting and burn it maybe....

hutch1254

Reaction score
The incompetence in game management is incredible. Up 12 points and we're throwing the ball in panic mode like we were down 20 or something.

No lead is ever safe with Dallas. We could be up 51-0 and I wouldn't feel comfortable. I was squirming at halftime yesterday, just knowing we have the ability to flip the switch to idiocy and give away huge leads. When is the last time you watched a game, were up big or by a decent amount and felt like you had the day wrapped up? Been a long time for me.

egn22

Reaction score
it says a lot about the state of this organization when a loss like this isn't even surprising to us as fans. i honestly was not surprised. disappointed, yes, but far from surprised.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I wasn't shocked about them losing at all, I expected it. Just not in this fashion again (Detroit). I am never comfortable when this team has a lead until the game is over because they have a penchant for losing in the final quarter. Oh well, you are right that Jerry is the one common denominator and it appears he is going nowhere. If we can find his painting and burn it maybe....

I watch the show Supernatural, and according to Sam and Dean Winchester we could get rid of him if we poor salt on his remains and burn them. Just have to find out where his body was buried.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
You mean like we did in the first half that helped build a 23 point lead?

Why on earth would we do that? That was SOOOO one half ago. Have to move on to other stuff in the second half.

LOL.. yea, no doubt.. Why stick with something working.. Pass that ball!!! To hell with the odds..hahah

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
OMG... this team is so incompetent all you can do is laugh.

I mean... was anyone actually surprised not only about the loss, but by how we lost?

Yes, Romo is partly to blame (and I'm not even just talking about the int's, he was off all game long).

The D is partly to blame (Obviously).

The playcalling, wow, obviously a HUGE reason for the loss.

But the ONE common denominator in this gigantic incompetent mess over the last 15+ years of what we call the Dallas Cowboys is Jerry Jones. And nothing is going to change in that area.

The cowboys used to be God's team (no offense to those that follow a different diety), but Jerry Jones sold his soul to the devil and god has hopped on another team's bandwagon.

It doesn't even hurt anymore to lose games like this. All I can do is laugh about it.

I kept telling myself yesterday that if the Cowboys choke this game away then maybe we can finally get Garrett out of here.

Jerry is the main problem though. I wish he would see that. Getting a real GM would be just as sweet as winning the Superbowl at this point.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
It doesn't even hurt anymore to lose games like this. All I can do is laugh about it.

I kept telling myself yesterday that if the Cowboys choke this game away then maybe we can finally get Garrett out of here.

Jerry is the main problem though. I wish he would see that. Getting a real GM would be just as sweet as winning the Superbowl at this point.

I gotta agree with this 100%. I think the entire fanbase would be rejuvinated if we got a real GM.

Though in the back of my mind I'd be worried JJ would still be above the stage pulling the strings.

CowboyChris

Reaction score

In all honesty Garrett isnt to blame for any of this...(I dont like him either and want a real coach) but Garrett doesnt call the plays, Garrett wanted to run, but Calahan and Romo decided to pass. Garrett didnt hire Kiffin, I dont even think he hired Ryan. AGAIN in case you think i like Garrett...I DONT he's not my type of coach, but this mess falls squarely on Jerry and Stephen Jones.

visionary

Reaction score
In all honesty Garrett isnt to blame for any of this...(I dont like him either and want a real coach) but Garrett doesnt call the plays, Garrett wanted to run, but Calahan and Romo decided to pass. Garrett didnt hire Kiffin, I dont even think he hired Ryan. AGAIN in case you think i like Garrett...I DONT he's not my type of coach, but this mess falls squarely on Jerry and Stephen Jones.

this excuse does not fly anymore

you may have missed it, but 2-3 games back it was decided that callahan would call the play to garrett and then garrett calls it to romo
therefore garrett has the ability to change any play and callahan does not directly talk to romo

hence, garrett is responsible
no way to get aroung that little factoid