This team needs more BIG people

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Why do people think WR at 17 is a good option? Rookie WRs rarely make meaningful splashes. With the holes on this team at both DT spots and currently RE, anything on the offensive side would be a massive mistake.

49ers showed if you just suffocate people up front you can win even if you don’t have an all world QB

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
For me if we were to lose free agents Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, and Tavon Austin this off-season, WR becomes a huge need.

A starting trio of Gallup, Devin Smith, and Cedric Wilson will beat no one.

Also, you have to think an offensive-minded guy like McCarthy sees someone like Henry Ruggs and thinks he could have a Tyreek Hill-like impact on the offense. CeeDee Lamp is an exceptional player who will be in that range as well.

I want a big nasty DT, a speed rusher, or a playmaking safety more than anything, but I understand the potential need at WR.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think it would be awesome to see Coop, Gallup and Ruggs on the field at the same time, however if Kinlaw is on the board he is my pick and it wouldn’t take long to make it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Speed is a 10x bigger need than size.

There are a bunch of WRs who can make an impact this year just b/c they can get down the field. It doesn't need to be complicated for them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Most fans can only "see" the skill positions. Most haven't a clue as to what OL's and DL's mean to a super bowl contender. Unfortunately, Jerry is in that "most".

I think Jerry understands now.

You build off of a good OL and DL. A lot of teams don't invest in the OL though and still do well but they have to have good playcallers. JG wouldn't change his offense regardless of OL talent so we had to be elite there.

I think the D line was really close this year to being special but QB's just knew where to go with the ball if under pressure and we didn't get as many sacks as we should have.

Teams love to use the short passing game against us.

I agree though.. Get more bigs in here. Only draft a DB or WR if they are the best guy on the board.

kskboys

Reaction score
Speed is a 10x bigger need than size.

There are a bunch of WRs who can make an impact this year just b/c they can get down the field. It doesn't need to be complicated for them.
Is it? Frisco just made a super bowl based on a big talented D front.

dallas72

Reaction score
For me if we were to lose free agents Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, and Tavon Austin this off-season, WR becomes a huge need.

Also, you have to think an offensive-minded guy like McCarthy sees someone like Henry Ruggs and thinks he could have a Tyreek Hill-like impact on the offense. CeeDee Lamp is an exceptional player who will be in that range as well.

I want a big nasty DT, a speed rusher, or a playmaking safety more than anything, but I understand the potential need at WR.
Rather have a FA WR than a draft pick...I want B Perriman from Tampa...when Evan's & Godwin got hurt he was a beast .hes a 4 4 speed 6 3 guy

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
I think Jerry understands now.

You build off of a good OL and DL. A lot of teams don't invest in the OL though and still do well but they have to have good playcallers. JG wouldn't change his offense regardless of OL talent so we had to be elite there.

I think the D line was really close this year to being special but QB's just knew where to go with the ball if under pressure and we didn't get as many sacks as we should have.

Teams love to use the short passing game against us.

I agree though.. Get more bigs in here. Only draft a DB or WR if they are the best guy on the board.
CATCH17 seems we were separated from birth. Keep hearing Delpit or Kinlaw ? I'm taking Kinlaw every time. Fix the DT position. You'll help the LBs.
I'll take Delpit if I cant get Kinlaw

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Wouldnt be shocked to see a WR on day 2

cowboyec

Reaction score
Leki Fotu,DT-Utah
Benito Jones,DT-Ole Miss

if we draft Kinlaw or Raekwon Davis at 17...Im still takin' Fotu or Jones later.

another DT I like...Raequan Williams,Michigan St.