This Thread is not for the Squeamish!

NorTex

Reaction score
The team that finishes last will be the team that has QB injuries: most likely to be Brunell/Skins. Next most probable is McNabb/Eagles.

The schedule will play a part, as it did last year...hopefully the Cowboys play at least one or two NFC East home games in the last two months of the season.

The Skins had a distinct advantage last year by playing 3 NFCE games at home down the stretch. Whereas the Cowboys had the opposite schedule.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Cowboys 2006 Schedule ...Tough or Easy -- you be the judge! But before we get started, let's get a few excuses out of the way ...

It's too early to predict...

That's not an excuse, it's a fact.

I mean, before the 2005 season you would of thought the Eagles games would of been difficult for the cowboys, right? Did you expect that the cowboys would SWEEP the eagles?

Point made.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Rack said:
That's not an excuse, it's a fact.

I mean, before the 2005 season you would of thought the Eagles games would of been difficult for the cowboys, right? Did you expect that the cowboys would SWEEP the eagles?Point made.

Ok, it's a fact ...but I just wanted posters to know I'd considered it up front.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Why is this thread for the squeamish? Looks like we have a tough be manageable season. Something to look forward to.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
theogt said:
Why is this thread for the squeamish? Looks like we have a tough be manageable season. Something to look forward to.

Au contrar mon frar ...I believe the title reflects that this post is not for the squeamish!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Au contrar mon frar ...I believe the title reflects that this post is not for the squeamish!
Sorry. That's what I meant. How is this thread NOT for the squeamish?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
theogt said:
Sorry. That's what I meant. How is this thread NOT for the squeamish?

Actually, I knew what you meant, I was postponing my response for clarification.

Never thought about justifying my titles. Needed a Header; thought "squeamish" would grasp some interest. That said, many Posters from previous years are very reluctant in giving predictions; especially during the pre-season. Many believe that there are too many unteseted/unproven rookies, FA players that do not completely know their ofensive/defensive systems. New coaching staffs, injuries and other variables also make a prediction very difficult to justify until much later in the season.

That said, making predictions at this stage should not be taken too seriously, and while everyone may not necessarily feel comfortable in prognosticating at this juncture, those that do, have the intestinal fortitude enough to pontificate. Hence you have the choice to predict or omit ...and not be squeamish.

I have to admit, there are plenty here who have the cojones to make their predictions knowing it's premature -- it's called having fun:rolleyes:

neosapien23

Reaction score
Hey Phoenix Talon, would your rather have a reciever in the first round or a running back like Lendale White? I think Santonio Holmes would be a great compliment to Reggie Brown, and I think Westbrook is one of the most underrated running backs in the league. I know alot of Eagles fans want a running back, but Westbrook is a great starter.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Actually, I knew what you meant, I was postponing my response for clarification.

Never thought about justifying my titles. Needed a Header; thought "squeamish" would grasp some interest. That said, many Posters from previous years are very reluctant in giving predictions; especially during the pre-season. Many believe that there are too many unteseted/unproven rookies, FA players that do not completely know their ofensive/defensive systems. New coaching staffs, injuries and other variables also make a prediction very difficult to justify until much later in the season.

That said, making predictions at this stage should not be taken too seriously, and while everyone may not necessarily feel comfortable in prognosticating at this juncture, those that do, have the intestinal fortitude enough to pontificate. Hence you have the choice to predict or omit ...and not be squeamish.

I have to admit, there are plenty here who have the cojones to make their predictions knowing it's premature -- it's called having fun:rolleyes:
In light of this post I predict 16-0. ;)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Hey Phoenix Talon, would your rather have a reciever in the first round or a running back like Lendale White? I think Santonio Holmes would be a great compliment to Reggie Brown, and I think Westbrook is one of the most underrated running backs in the league. I know alot of Eagles fans want a running back, but Westbrook is a great starter.

Good question neosapien23. I'm leaning more toward a Lendale White or Reggie Bush. But what we really need is a power back workhorse type, move the chain stype, 3rd and short type, red-zone type RB to offset our one-dimensional offensive strategy/attack.

Westbrook is a multi-threat, but I wouldn't want to see him go down -- depth at that position is crucial.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Good question neosapien23. I'm leaning more toward a Lendale White or Reggie Bush. But what we really need is a power back workhorse type, move the chainstype, 3rd and short type, red-zone type RB to offset our one-dimensional offensive strategy/attack.

Westbrook is a multi-threat, by I wouldn't want to see him go down -- depth at that position is crucial.
Sounds like you need an MBIII.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
theogt said:
Sounds like you need an MBIII.

Perhaps. But I've got a theory that all teams have weakness ...it's up to the opponent teams to "E.P.E" that/those weaknesses.;)

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I know everyone is waiting for me so I may as well pick.....

New York GiantsH---------20-17---------W
Philadelphia EaglesH---------26-13---------W
Washington RedskinsH---------24-21---------W
New York GiantsA---------21-17---------L
Philadelphia EaglesA---------24-20---------L
Washington RedskinsA---------19-17---------L
New Orleans Saints---------34-16---------W
Tampa Bay Buccaneers---------14-13---------L
Detroit Lions---------27-9---------W
Houston Texans---------24-10---------W
Indianapolis Colts---------27-16---------L
Atlanta Falcons---------23-17---------L
Carolina Panthers---------22-13---------L
Arizona Cardinals---------21-20---------W
Jacksonville Jaguars---------18-17---------W
Tennessee Titans ---------37-17---------W

Season final:---------9-7 , (+/-) 1 GAME, this depends on if a team like houston beats you and if you beat the original upset game INDY.....

PO's.---------maybe slot 6

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
9-7 huh? I guess everyone saying we've made some great off-season moves is meaningless if it doesn't improve our record. :jerk:

kidcard76

Reaction score
New York Giants ..W..W
Philadelphia Eagles..W..W
Washington Commanders..W..L
New Orleans Saints..W
Tampa Bay Buccaneers..W
Detroit Lions..W
Houston Texans..W
Indianapolis Colts..L
Atlanta Falcons..W
Carolina Panthers..L
Arizona Cardinals..W
Jacksonville Jaguars..W
Tennessee Titans..W

13-3

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
theogt said:
9-7 huh? I guess everyone saying we've made some great off-season moves is meaningless if it doesn't improve our record. :jerk:

I take back the atlanta part....I jacked that up....

You guys will go 10-6

Reaction score
SkinRamon said:
***? "Vick" can't do it by himself? Have you seen this guy when he's faced with a tough defense and the pressure's on? I do believe your defense annihilated him twice in the two playoff games you've had with each other, including the NFC Championship Game in 2004.

It should be more like "Warrick Dunn and the Falcons D" can't do it all by themselves, they need a real QB".

They do have one, thier back-up.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:

I take back the atlanta part....I jacked that up....

You guys will go 10-6
Not to mention we beat Carolina handily with a subpar team (lots of injuries). Full strength with offseason additions shouldn't result in a loss.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I say 12-4, but to make the play offs you need a winning record in your own division.

New York Giants ..W..W
Philadelphia Eagles..W..L
Washington Commanders..W..L
New Orleans Saints..W
Tampa Bay Buccaneers..W
Detroit Lions..W
Houston Texans..W
Indianapolis Colts..L
Atlanta Falcons..W
Carolina Panthers..W
Arizona Cardinals..W
Jacksonville Jaguars..L
Tennessee Titans..W

It will be a narrow 12-4, it could just as easily be an 11-5 or 10-6, I also think who ever doesn't win the division will be fighting it out with either NYG or Wash for wildcard. I do not think the eagles has a dynamic enough offense to be in the hunt. So I say Dallas 1st, Wash 2nd, NYG 3rd only because of injuries to Tiki and the defense.