This upcoming week and the rumors!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This is that time of week (draft week) where bored people on social media will make up rumors that somehow seem believable. Let's not fall for them people, be smart.

Rayman70

Reaction score
But it sure does make it interesting, especially if there is fire to go with that smoke. No arm in speculation as long as its not being conveyed as fact.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Like the Chiefs might trade up for a Texas Tech qb.
they came up with one for the vikings I saw for the compensation was a pick they didn't even have. You have to check these weirdos out here who do this!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
So who we drafting?

Fans usually know by now.
nobody knows they're working on their boards right now, we as fans are having fun guessing, and doing mock simulators a million times a day! In the end we will know

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is that time of week (draft week) where bored people on social media will make up rumors that somehow seem believable. Let's not fall for them people, be smart.
Unfortunately people fall for it every year.

It used to be we just had to watch out for the fake "I heard from an inside source" claims, but now you see the "I heard on Youtube" or "I saw on Facebook" or "a friend told me that he heard from a friend who works in the scouting department" posts from a surprising number of people.

This is like "rush week" for wannabe-influencers desperately looking for every unsuspecting fan they can find to generate clicks and followers for their accounts and channels.

Rayman70

Reaction score
as far as who we are drafting at 24. Nobody has a real feel for it. I've seen it all over the map. My gut says Cooper Dejean or Darius Robinson. I dont think the team has the stomach to draft oline ,especially a center or LT early.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

It used to be we just had to watch out for the fake "I heard from an inside source" claims, but now you see the "I heard on Youtube" or "I saw on Facebook" or "a friend told me that he heard from a friend who works in the scouting department" posts from a surprising number of people.

This is like "rush week" for wannabe-influencers desperately looking for every naive person they can find to generate clicks and followers for their accounts and channels.
I just wanted to make sure we were on this before it got to be a mess in here with the "rumors", if people actually checked around they'd know if a story was true or not! Usually when something happens, it gets circulated around ALL media lines, one guy on twitter starting a rumor, isn't enough to be credible!

Rayman70

Reaction score

This is like "rush week" for wannabe-influencers desperately looking for every naive person they can find to generate clicks and followers for their accounts and channels.
which is why I typically steer away from the YT stuff, but during the week of the draft, I peek in and see whats stirring. Some are just unwatchable totally they are full of all fluff and no substance.

Rayman70

Reaction score
truthfully, real sports journalism is all but gone now. So the YT crowd has filled the void,along with social media like twitter. Kinda sad. It is what we got left guys, so we navigate it best we can.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just wanted to make sure we were on this before it got to be a mess in here with the "rumors", if people actually checked around they'd know if a story was true or not! Usually when something happens, it gets circulated around ALL media lines, one guy on twitter starting a rumor, isn't enough to be credible!
I love rumors and I am sure most fans do as well, but too many depserate influencers throw out speculation and guesses while claiming it's from an inside source or connection.

Real sports writers value their reputation when it comes to rumors, but influencers know that most people will forget the intentionally made-up rumors fairly quickly as long as they stay away from the bigger lies that people will tend to remember.

Most fans forget that influencers are just fans on a social platform. They are no different or better than any other fan that stays on top of the latest news.

At some point, influencers realize they are not growing their following fast enough or at all and resort to short-cuts by claiming inside information.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
which is why I typically steer away from the YT stuff, but during the week of the draft, I peek in and see whats stirring. Some are just unwatchable totally they are full of all fluff and no substance.
I wish we had more legitimately sourced rumors for the Cowboys to talk about. We used to have those every year around this time.

It's just really funny how the media is hardly sharing any rumors this year and yet random influeners have inside information.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I love rumors and I am sure most fans do as well, but too many depserate influencers throw out speculation and guesses while claiming it's from an inside source or connection.

Real sports writers value their reputation when it comes to rumors, but influencers know that most people will forget the intentionally made-up rumors fairly quickly as long as they stay away from the bigger lies that people will tend to remember.

Most fans forget that influencers are just fans on a social platform. They are no different or better than any other fan that stays on top of the latest news.

At some point, influencers realize they are not growing their following fast enough or at all and resort to short-cuts by claiming inside information.
in a nutshell!! spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I wish we had more legitimately sourced rumors for the Cowboys to talk about. We used to have those every year around this time.

It's just really funny how the media is hardly sharing any rumors this year and yet random influeners have inside information.
yeah its been different no doubt.